Beginners and Beyond

Tuesdailies: Run, you'll get there faster. (Read 37 times)

PleasantRidge

Warm&fuzzy

Good morning!

I ran 10.8 miles in the dark.  It was mostly enjoyable.

I hope everyone has a great day!

Runner with a riding problem.

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

BLAH!! 

This morning was 77 degrees, 83% humidity and a dew point of 70.

Still, Jetta and I got in 6.2 miles.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

Docket_Rocket

Morning.  I have Pilates class and that is it.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

delicate flower

Hello INTERNET!  2300 yard masters group swim this morning, and I had to keep checking to see if I was pulling a boat behind me because THAT'S WHAT IT FELT LIKE.  Tonight marks my glorious return to running.

I asked for IronCoach for some constructive feedback on my race this past Saturday.  He said I could not have executed any better.  That is so unlike me.  I need to get back to the fast starts and late fades where I am comfortable.

<3

LRB

I asked for IronCoach for some constructive feedback on my race this past Saturday.  He said I could not have executed any better.  That is so unlike me.  I need to get back to the fast starts and late fades where I am comfortable.

That's funny.

LRB

It was 55 degrees when I headed out for a 6 mile jog this morning. Why is that worth noting you ask? Because it was 95 degrees just 12 hours earlier. 

Cyberic

I was so tired last night that I decided to sleep in this morning and run after work. Thankfully it will be the same temperature today at 4PM as it was yesterday at 7AM.

Dave

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

It was 55 degrees when I headed out for a 6 mile jog this morning. Why is that worth noting you ask? Because it was 95 degrees just 12 hours earlier. 

Freaking jealous, really freaking jealous man.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

So they finally decided to post the results from my half.

8th OA

5th Masters

3rd M50-59

Gdmn fast old dudes! Although when they announced awards after the race, they told me I was 4th AG. And they were even handing out ribbons. Plus, they list me at 1:37:06, despite telling me when I finished it was 1:36:46; Garmin had me at 1:36:49, so there is no way that time is correct. Anyway, in conclusion: WTF, people. I guess this is what I get for picking small low-key races. Maybe I should've run the Rock & Roll held on the same day, with a million other people. They probably would've gotten this kind of basic stuff right. (But no, because hills.)

MTA: runners are such whiny babies.

Dave

Cyberic

So they finally decided to post the results from my half.

8th OA

5th Masters

3rd M50-59

Gdmn fast old dudes! Although when they announced awards after the race, they told me I was 4th AG. And they were even handing out ribbons. Plus, they list me at 1:37:06, despite telling me when I finished it was 1:36:46; Garmin had me at 1:36:49, so there is no way that time is correct. Anyway, in conclusion: WTF, people. I guess this is what I get for picking small low-key races. Maybe I should've run the Rock & Roll held on the same day, with a million other people. They probably would've gotten this kind of basic stuff right. (But no, because hills.)

MTA: runners are such whiny babies.

There is a 51 yo around here who is in pretty much all the races, who sometimes wins 1st overall, and is very often top 3.

You are not in an AG in which people have really started to slow down yet, IMO, and it is even more true for me (46).

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Up early this morning, as I have a dentist appointment at 2:40 pm, so who knows how I will feel after that?   So wanted to get my run done early.  Very early apparently, as I got up at 4:30 a.m., was at they YMCA a little after 5 p.m, and got in 3 easy miles in a very nice neighborhood across from the Y.    It was pretty darn humid already, though, and the 73 dewpoint didn't help!

I'm sure the dentist will have a lot of fun with me, as I haven't gone to the dentist in about 2 years.  Bad dog, bad dog!  I probably have some cavities to fill and maybe some gum issues, oh boy....   I really need to get as disciplined with my dental appointments as I am with getting my running done.

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

LRB

Half Crazy K 2.0

2pm and all the street lights are on. Crazy storms coming through. Not sure a run tonight will happen.

Runshortii

5 miles. not as warm as yesterday and a nice breeze. cut back week this week.