Beginners and Beyond

2020 Dailies #143 (Read 31 times)

Docket_Rocket

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Docket_Rocket

Morning! I have 8 with 3 @ HMP and my first Pilates session in 8 months.

My Miami instructor is giving virtual private sessions and I have a foam roller and a mat so although not real Pilates it will do. I already have a reformer in the cart at Gratz but as luck will have it, they shut down due to the virus too. I'll buy one as soon as they open. Waaah.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

KCRuns

Docket, thanks for looking into my TM calibration issue, I'm going to try that this weekend and see if it works on my machine.

This morning I ran 3.25, run/walk in Portugal at the Praia do Guincho beach via iFit.  Beautiful scenery and a great trainer/guide (Tommy Rivers Puzey).  And I broke in a new pair of shoes.

Docket_Rocket

Docket, thanks for looking into my TM calibration issue, I'm going to try that this weekend and see if it works on my machine.

This morning I ran 3.25, run/walk in Portugal at the Praia do Guincho beach via iFit.  Beautiful scenery and a great trainer/guide (Tommy Rivers Puzey).  And I broke in a new pair of shoes.

Good luck!

Damaris

Fundraising Page

LRB

I'm about to eat, I can't wait until 11:30. My stomach is touching my back!

Docket_Rocket

I'm about to eat, I can't wait until 11:30. My stomach is touching my back!

Mine too but I am at a meeting of creditors and hope my stomach does not make an appearance on the phone, ha.

Damaris

Fundraising Page

bluerun

Super B****

6.35 miles that may or may not show up in RA one day...

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

We have are Fridays off till the end of June, at corresponding reduced pay, as a (hopefully) temporary COVID cutback measure. I kind of wondered how that would work because some people can’t help themselves. Sure enough, on my first Friday I have a 9:30 AM conference call. It is a somewhat time-sensitive matter, but probably no reason it couldn’t have waited till Tuesday. I guess it could have been worse, considering most of my company is on central time. Anyway I’ve been up since 6ish but would rather just sit around for now, so will end up running afterwards.

Dave

sdWhiskers

7 miles with 6 x 30s hill sprints at the end. About 10 min into the run, I saw an older man running on the other side of street, with blood all over his head and dripping down his shirt  Asked him several times if he was ok but he just ignored me and kept running. No idea if he was disoriented or just trying to get home but not sure what else I should have done.

4 day weekend, baby!

Got updated guidance from work that there is no work travel, using any transportation besides private vehicle, through Aug 31. Also, no meetings with > 10 people through Mar 31 2021.

Cyberic

Ran 10

onemile

Cyberic

onemile

Nice!

my first time breaking 3 miles 

Cyberic

my first time breaking 3 miles 

That's cool!

0.01 increments of miles (of kilometers in my case)  is the unit I use to compare a Mona session with the other.

Cyberic

Yesterday I was pleasantly surprised and satisfied with the pace to effort ratio I got on my 12 x (1min/1min). Hopefully it was not a fluke, but a trend.