Beginners and Beyond

No nonsense WednesDAILIES (Read 38 times)

Cyberic

I should be doing a mini race week workout today, but Imma let my ankle rest instead. Rule number 1: Toe the starting line healthy!

Docket_Rocket

Wise decision.

I have 10 with some miles at HMP, 10K and 5K (in that order).

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

RunningOnSand

Agreed with Docket: Wise decision, Cyber!

D, you've been putting in some serious numbers (and work) lately. Nice!

I've got 6-7 a bit later this morning, after the cherubs go to school. In the meantime I'm listening to a massive thunderstorm roll by, while drinking cup #1 of coffee, naturally.

Cyberic

LRB, I see you posted in a thread about injury in the main forums. I posted in that thread yesterday, I think, but I don't think the OP is interested in anything but his personal feud with Mikkey anymore.

Funny how that guy, Mikkey, is often at the center of those feuds.

The atmosphere is much more relaxed around here 

bluerun

Super B****

You are wiser than I am... I rode 10 on the trainer to warm up the Achilles a bit and then ran 3.8. Which was probably not so wise...

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

Cyberic

You are wiser than I am... I rode 10 on the trainer to warm up the Achilles a bit and then ran 3.8. Which was probably not so wise...

When I said "rest" the ankle... I'm still run commuting. Just no fast running. Want to make sure you don't think I'm THAT wise 

56 degrees at the start, 58 at the finish

Starting anew day #3:  8mi with 2.5 dirt over bumps.  Two out and backs starting with .63 dirt over bumps then up and down the park access road for mild left and right road crown.  Going to have to limit it to 2.5 dirt as I thought I might have to bail during the first .63

delicate flower

I slept in this morning because I am a big, fat, lazy turd.  I'll run tonight.

<3

wolvmar

UM 45 Ohio 23

Easy 3, 15 minutes tempo on the stationary bike and 30 minutes of upper body, leg strength stuff; supposed ot be good for you...

Beautiful 59 degrees, low humidity morning.  Wish I had been going for a longer run!

Half Crazy K 2.0

LRB, I see you posted in a thread about injury in the main forums. I posted in that thread yesterday, I think, but I don't think the OP is interested in anything but his personal feud with Mikkey anymore.

I had given that guy the RLRF idea in one of his other threads. Not cause I think its "best" but because he wanted to continue cycling.  I feel like some of the advice was along the lines of you have to do it my way or you will never be successful.

onemile

bluerun

Super B****

When I said "rest" the ankle... I'm still run commuting. Just no fast running. Want to make sure you don't think I'm THAT wise 

Ah, so we're equally wise, then!

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

From the Internet.

Lol that was wild. Makes me appreciate the atmosphere here, for sure!

I ran 3x mile on the road, should have probably done a 4th but had to get home on time. My legs are fucking TIRED YO. Distance feels great, turnover is just not there right now, but that's what taper is for. 6:37, 6:25, 6:20 according to coach's stopwatch, my splits were in roughly the same ballpark, didn't bother trying to manual lap for a couple hundredths of a mile here and there. Standing rest in between (though I think my group got cheated out of the same rest as the other groups between 1 and 2! Couldn't have been more than a minute-90 sec when we usually do 2-3 min for this workout.)

I may or may not jog another 20-30 min shakeout this afternoon.

Docket_Rocket

Yeah, his question alone is drama inducing.  Do you know of anyone training that has had no injuries?  Doh, yes.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Cyberic

I had given that guy the RLRF idea in one of his other threads. Not cause I think its "best" but because he wanted to continue cycling.  I feel like some of the advice was along the lines of you have to do it my way or you will never be successful.

We all give opinions and ideas. That is what I like about this forum. Sometimes I don't agree with others, so I will either say it or keep it to myself, but I will never start bitching at the other poster.