Beginners and Beyond

2020 Dailies #124 (Read 29 times)

Docket_Rocket

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Docket_Rocket

This could also be LRB when he returns to see clients, lol.

I have 10ish miles.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

LRB

It's going to be chaotic for awhile, but the first order of business will be be to get haircut myself. lol

LRB

I am currently lying on my back waiting on the need or desire to run to kick in. Either will suffice.

6.2 dirt this morning, now waiting for second run this afternoon.  Waiting is boring.

Addendum: not bored anymore... watching Adventures of Superman😎

Cyberic

Ran 20. 68 for the week. Legs were tired at the end, possibly because I did a 4x2K workout yesterday.

bluerun

Super B****

Last week it came to my attention that the NYRR Virtual Brooklyn Half started this weekend... I doubled up on that and the VO2Dot Challenge, even though I didn't really want to do a HM for that, but whatever, I don't care. I also don't have the desire to race a HM on my own so I decided to take this opportunity to do the Even Steven workout, with a very long cool down. (HM in 1:35:54, per NYRR.)

I got sooooo lost. This is the route I planned (roughly 15 miles):

This is the route I ran (16 miles).

Some people think I'm joking when I say I have no sense of direction. Here is evidence that I am not. I've always wondered how to run to Queens from Brooklyn -- I guess now I know!!

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

Ran 20. 68 for the week. Legs were tired at the end, possibly because I did a 4x2K workout yesterday ran 20 miles.

Or this.

Dave

onemile

Or this.

only Cyborg wonders why his legs feel tired at the end of a 20 miler 

sdWhiskers

I got sooooo lost. This is the route I planned (roughly 15 miles):

This is the route I ran (16 miles).

Some people think I'm joking when I say I have no sense of direction. Here is evidence that I am not. I've always wondered how to run to Queens from Brooklyn -- I guess now I know!!

LOL  That is so me also.

Yesterday, I ran 15 and planned to just run west until I hit the ocean, then run north/south until I was done. I ran through a college campus and took out my phone probably 6 times to check the map or else I might have ended up like you 

sdWhiskers

I ran 70 miles this week!! Only took 12 h 11 mins  And the only casualty seems to be a giant blister between 2 toes. Otherwise I feel good. Tired but good.

Note from work today says we won't be back before June 1st and it will probably take longer than that. Lab work will restart in first stage though since we can't do it at home. Since medical workers are still highest priority for PPE, I wonder what we'll do--we donated most of our PPE in March to hospitals but we can't work without it.

During Webex meetings this past week, several more of my male colleagues had shaved their heads, lol

I ran 70 miles this week!!

Boom! Nicely done!

Dave

Docket_Rocket

Yay, SD!! Congrats!

Damaris

Fundraising Page

LRB

During Webex meetings this past week, several more of my male colleagues had shaved their heads, lol

My wig looks like a blooming onion but I'm not going that far. lol

Congrats on the milestone!

bluerun

Super B****

I ran 70 miles this week!! Only took 12 h 11 mins  And the only casualty seems to be a giant blister between 2 toes. Otherwise I feel good. Tired but good.

Note from work today says we won't be back before June 1st and it will probably take longer than that. Lab work will restart in first stage though since we can't do it at home. Since medical workers are still highest priority for PPE, I wonder what we'll do--we donated most of our PPE in March to hospitals but we can't work without it.

That's practically three weeks for me. Nice job!

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog