Beginners and Beyond

Saturdailies wakey (Read 33 times)

delicate flower

Hello, weekenders!  Everybody awake now?  No?  WAKE UP.

I've got six miles on the schedule, with the middle 3.1 being a race.  We've got a winter storm coming this afternoon.  I will not run my 14 on the treadmill tomorrow!

Have a weekend!

<3

PleasantRidge

Warm&fuzzy

Good morning!

I got in a 3.1 mile ice shuffle.  We got a couple of inches of snow yesterday, and my roads are a mess.

It's 9F with a wind chill of neg fuck you. I was planning on about 5 miles, but my face got numb and I quit.

Have a great Saturday everyone!

Runner with a riding problem.

LRB

It's so cold here even shit that's not supposed to freeze is freezing, like this bucket of windshield washer fluid.

LRB

There is a group run this morning at 8:00, and a few more peeps meeting at 9:00. I'm blowing off both and will wait until after 10:00 when it warms up to oh, I don't, 1. lol

No more marathons

I've got 11 miles on the schedule, but I'll be doing a bit of cross training first.

I've got about 600 feet of gravel drive that needs to be cleared of this:

Boston 2014 - a 33 year journey

Lordy,  I hope there are tapes. 

He's a leaker!

From the Internet.

Bluesky it took me entirely too long to realize that the giant poinsettia in your picture is probably a flag and not a weird photoshop job, lol.

I ran a very nice easy 7.3ish miles catching up with a fellow club member who I haven't seen in a while and then had breakfast with a few more from the club - back home now and the snow is starting to come down D: I have 15 on the schedule for tomorrow. It's either going to be slow going or a lot of loops up and down whatever streets have been cleared the best.

No more marathons

Bluesky it took me entirely too long to realize that the giant poinsettia in your picture is probably a flag and not a weird photoshop job, lol.

I ran a very nice easy 7.3ish miles catching up with a fellow club member who I haven't seen in a while and then had breakfast with a few more from the club - back home now and the snow is starting to come down D: I have 15 on the schedule for tomorrow. It's either going to be slow going or a lot of loops up and down whatever streets have been cleared the best.

It is a flag.  I left it in this picture because without that splash of color, it looks like a black and white photo.

Boston 2014 - a 33 year journey

Lordy,  I hope there are tapes. 

He's a leaker!

Cyberic

Ran a bit less than 10 in beautiful winter weather. About 10 degrees, a bit colder with the wind, bright blue sunny sky! Life is good.

onemile

Ran a bit less than 10 in beautiful winter weather. About 10 degrees, a bit colder with the wind, bright blue sunny sky! Life is good.

It sounds like your motivation is back

BerthaSlayer

MM#5991

Bitter cold 8 miles done today. Now for a bucket of coffee to try to warm up.

Lori

*it's Bertha or me. My money is on me.*

**"There is no growth in the comfort zone and no comfort in the growth zone".---- Sandy**

LRB

Bitter cold 8 miles done today. Now for a bucket of coffee to try to warm up.

Good description. I ran 7.3 in it and could feel my fingers going numb towards the end.

I normally run on the paved path at Stoney in the winter but ran on the trail at Paint Creek because a few of the peeps were running there earlier. While it's mostly clear, it's choppy with snow, ice and frozen ruts in too many places. I won't be doing that stupid shit again.

delicate flower

the middle 3.1 being a race. 

Kind of a weird race today.  I lined up on the front row.  The race starts on a straight uphill shot and I motored right up it.  Right away though I was having a hard time sucking in air.  Maybe it was the 15 degree air, or the fact that I warmed up way too early.  I was already fading a half mile into the race because I couldn't breathe.  My lungs finally opened up though, and WOW does that make running a lot easier (no shit, right Damaris?).  I really started to haul ass and was feeling great.  Then with about 1.25 miles to go the road turned to hard packed snow and ice, which meant lots of slipping underfoot and I had to ease up the effort.  BAH.  I saw my pace slowing and slowing.  The last .11 miles shows a 7:12 pace on my Garmin, so I figure the ice costs about 30-40 seconds off my pace.  So a good effort and I felt strong, but the elements cost me some time.

20:13 official.  6 OA and the AG win, so I'll take the placement.  Definitely some slow going out there.  Nobody went sub-19.  The races usually have several sub-18 runners.

TL;DR, running sucks

<3

Cyberic

Kind of a weird race today.  I lined up on the front row.  The race starts on a straight uphill shot and I motored right up it.  Right away though I was having a hard time sucking in air.  Maybe it was the 15 degree air, or the fact that I warmed up way too early.  I was already fading a half mile into the race because I couldn't breathe.  My lungs finally opened up though, and WOW does that make running a lot easier (no shit, right Damaris?).  I really started to haul ass and was feeling great.  Then with about 1.25 miles to go the road turned to hard packed snow and ice, which meant lots of slipping underfoot and I had to ease up the effort.  BAH.  I saw my pace slowing and slowing.  The last .11 miles shows a 7:12 pace on my Garmin, so I figure the ice costs about 30-40 seconds off my pace.  So a good effort and I felt strong, but the elements cost me some time.

20:13 official.  6 OA and the AG win, so I'll take the placement.  Definitely some slow going out there.  Nobody went sub-19.  The races usually have several sub-18 runners.

TL;DR, running sucks

Good job!

TL;DR, running sucks

Nice job. Really solid time considering the conditions.

Dave

Cyberic

It sounds like your motivation is back

Yep. A 2 week vacation from work does that to me.

I also hooked up with people around here in a team of 20 playing SquadRunner. It's kind of a miles game, it syncs your mileage from Strava and awards points based primarily on mileage, but with adjustments for faster pace and the feet climbed (can't remember the word). We're now first in 3rd league, going up to 2nd league next week. We want to make it to 1st league and maybe win once in while. It works in "seasons" of two weeks, and then league adjustments (your team can go up, stay put or go down), reset the points to 0, and start again for another season.