Beginners and Beyond

Rant On it’s FriDAILIES! (Read 32 times)

Happy Friday!

Great Dailies yesterday. Got an easy 5 in this am. No watch.

PRs:----- 5k: 17:48 (2019)   5M: 29:36 (2020)    HM: 1:24:37 (2017) Scheduled: ???

Fredford66

Waltons ThreadLord

No run for me this morning as I had to catch an early train.  I did get in my mini-workout of climbing over 100 stairs to get from the train platform to street level.  (Not all one staircase, and there are elevators and escalators for those who prefer not to do all that work.)  A nice way to get my heart and lungs working before I head for my spot in the cubicle farm and plant my butt in a chair.

5k 23:48.45 (3/22); 4M 31:26 (2/22); 5M 38:55 (11/23); 10k 49:24 (10/22); 
      10M 1:29:33 (2/24); Half 1:48:32 (10/22); Marathon 4:29:58 (11/23)

Upcoming races: Clinton Country Run 15k, 4/27; Running is Back 10k, 5/12

delicate flower

'Morning!  Happy to get through another set of Tuesday to Thursday workouts.  Those are always three hard days in a row if I do them as scheduled.  So this morning I hit the track early for five miles at a moderate effort.  I may swim tonight if I feel up to it.

I've got a half iron in three weeks and tomorrow is an official preview ride of the 56 mile bike course, hosted by the race ambassador team.  I was going to do that but the weather looks pretty crappy tomorrow (40's and showers).  I ain't riding in that unless I have to.  So, it looks like I'll be swapping my weekend workouts.

<3

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  I have Pilates and that is it.

On Monday I start my Compressed Work Schedule.  The boss that would never approved the hours and days off (right after work from home day) just approved it the last week before his retirement.  Now I have every other Friday off and every other Friday leaving at 3:30pm.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

PleasantRidge

Warm&fuzzy

Good morning!

I rode 21 miles in the warmth.  It was 69 with just a slight breeze.  I think those conditions made an angel get her wings.

I have a little anxiety going.  I have a century planed in the morning, with a couple of guys that I don't know.  I've met them on a flyby, and chatted just a bit on Strava, but all I really know is they ride bikes.  I actually invited them to go, after overpowering the introvert that controls my mind.  Yesterday, it seemed like a good idea to get out of my comfort zone.  Today, I'm kicking myself in the ass for doing it.  I don't know what it will be like to talk to someone besides myself or the critters that I pass on the road.  It will be an interesting 7-8 hours.

Have a kickass day!

Runner with a riding problem.

Docket_Rocket

So, remember the shirts I had made from INKnBURN with my kitties?  Here is grumpy Bugsy in the flesh.  I find my smile right above his frown hilarious:

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

sdWhiskers

Rest day. Usually I do strength training on my non-running day but I'm going to fully embrace the rest day today. Tomorrow will be a tough long workout so glad to do nothing today.

My goal HM is coming up in 3 weeks and I have no idea what pace to aim for. My initial goal was to get sub2 again (but on a legit course this time) but I feel like I might be able to get a bit farther under that. I ran a mile race last week but don't know if that time really translates well to a HM pace (I think not). Some of the calculators are crazy. My last 5K was beginning of April but it was kind of a shit show. I've been feeling great through all my workouts and running consistent mileage so I am optimistic. We'll see what Coach has to say.

Docket_Rocket

So I heard someone calling one of the paralegals Marathon Man for finishing the corporate run. THE 5K CORPORATE RUN.  FFS.

Damaris

Fundraising Page

RunningOnSand

Hey there, runners.

PR, I had to laugh at your comment about, "overpowering the introvert that controls my mind"...yesterday it seemed super legit, today not so much. You just described my life. Big grin #solidarity Hoping the ride goes well and your introvert self is pleasantly surprised!

I have 4-6 planned today. It'll be on the TM while watching Season 2 of Handmaid's Tale!!!!!! I forget--did we already discuss this show? Who watches it and who doesn't?!

RunningOnSand

So I heard someone calling one of the paralegals Marathon Man for finishing the corporate run. THE 5K CORPORATE RUN.  FFS.

LOL. That's one of my "favorite" phrases. "So how far is your marathon?"  Or, "I ran a 5k marathon last week!" 

PS your new work schedule looks awesome! Nice job on scoring that!

Docket_Rocket

LOL. That's one of my "favorite" phrases. "So how far is your marathon?"  Or, "I ran a 5k marathon last week!" 

PS your new work schedule looks awesome! Nice job on scoring that!

Ask me that in a week after coming in at 7am every day.  Shouldn't be too hard, as I am already here by 7:30 so not to be late (traffic is wonderful in Miami, so even a 5 minute difference can turn your commute to an extra 30-45minutes).

Talking about commute, I was bringing donuts for the retirement breakfast this morning and this asshole almost Tboned me today and the donuts flew off the seat and are all chocolate-less now.  Asshole.

Damaris

Fundraising Page

RunningOnSand

Ask me that in a week after coming in at 7am every day.  Shouldn't be too hard, as I am already here by 7:30 so not to be late (traffic is wonderful in Miami, so even a 5 minute difference can turn your commute to an extra 30-45minutes).

Talking about commute, I was bringing donuts for the retirement breakfast this morning and this asshole almost Tboned me today and the donuts flew off the seat and are all chocolate-less now.  Asshole.

What the hell, people!!!!! 

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

Good day everyone!

Hectic craziness for me today. Our owner and our head of sales are going to a dart competition in England next week, so that leaves the rest of us to get dumped on. I've been spending the day trying to figure out how to do my job and theirs too.

Should be a run of 5 of 6 miles tonight. I'm timing a duathlon in the morning, so will have to load equipment for that tonight and then be up at the crack of dawn to do race setup. Fortunately I'm not a lead timer on this, so it's not too stressful.

Pleasant...Good luck on that century. If riding is anything like running, the common ground will be enough to alleviate the awkwardness of strangers.

Docket...great shirt!

SD...Your coach should have plenty of insight on the goal time. Goal times are funny, because really all they seem to do is assess your aversion to/tolerance of failure. Nothing wrong with absolutely going for it (obviously within your scope of ability) so long as you are okay with the possibility of coming up short.

Trying to find some more hay to restock the barn

LRB

DavePBanMilkChocolate, I actually thought of you when deciding which of those beans to get. lol I ended up getting both because, well, CHOCOLATE.

D, It's an hour drive to the airport and you have to be there 2 hours beforehand, plus I'm a person who doesn't like to be late or feel rushed when traveling, so there was time in there for cushion.

Regarding weight loss and how idiots people treat you, it was absolutely awful when I lost a whole 20 stinking pounds. Terrible. Both at work and with friends and family. The things that were flying out of their mouths was mind boggling. What people don't realize is that the things they are pointing out about your differences (usually that your face looks thin), you don't like either. So who in their right mind would bring attention to another person's "flaw"? An idiot? No, some people just don't have a filter. And usually the ones doing the complaining about how you look, actually look terrible, so it takes a ton restraint to not light into their asses. I was able to  maintain my composure (for the most part) because I came to see that most of them didn't know they were actually insulting me, which speaks more to their lack of awareness/decorum/decency than it does anything "bad" about the person being insulted.

Fredford66

Waltons ThreadLord

I am so glad I don't need my car to get to work.

5k 23:48.45 (3/22); 4M 31:26 (2/22); 5M 38:55 (11/23); 10k 49:24 (10/22); 
                                10M 1:29:33 (2/24); Half 1:48:32 (10/22); Marathon 4:29:58 (11/23)

Upcoming races: Clinton Country Run 15k, 4/27; Running is Back 10k, 5/12