Beginners and Beyond

DAILIES for Monday (Read 50 times)

Zelanie

Morning!  Resting today and focusing on healing up and getting stronger by race day!  I can do this!

Damaris- Yikes!  Hope the rib starts to feel better soon!

Enjoy your day!

@runjerseygirl

I brought my running gear to work with me today, but I'm still pretty sore from yesterday.  I don't think I'll be able to run. Sad  Sucks, because it's supposed to be in the 70's today.

Do you even run?

Robert31320

Team TJ

Overslept this morning....got to regain my consistency this week. Need to focus on being in the mid-20s instead of record setting. Seems the record week kills the following week for me right now.

Running for TJ because he can't.

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

10.5 for me

Marjorie

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Damaris probably just strained the muscles or the joints badly with all the coughing. It is really hard to break a rib from coughing. You could also have costochondritis. Very painful.

Marjorie

B-Plus

Docket - I hope it's not a cracked rib and you feel better.

0 day work week for me woohoo! My guest said she's gonna come out with me on my run this morning, so that should force me to keep things easy. I figure about 3 miles.

I've written te intro to my RR, so hopefull I can get more done on that front later today.

Docket_Rocket

Yeah but the pain is in my back.  Can that be costochondritis?  And yes, very painful!

Damaris probably just strained the muscles or the joints badly with all the coughing. It is really hard to break a rib from coughing. You could also have costochondritis. Very painful.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

BruceD555

Mornin' folks. I listened to the sound of rain hitting the roof this morning as I was laying in bed so it was easy to postpone my 4 or 5 recovery miles until this afternoon when the weather looks to be partly sunny & a high of 63. I had actually thought about taking the day off after yesterday's LR, but I enjoy Monday's active recovery miles too much.

Train smart ... race smarter.

Mmmmm...beer

Hey everyone!

It's nice to be back to the land of internet. Smile  I do like running in the country tho, even if the hills do kick my butt.  My quads are still feeling Saturday's 16 miler (lots of hills with a killer 3/4 mile long hill at the end).  Hope I didn't hose myself for my half this weekend, guess we'll find out.  I wasn't going to do a long run because of my race, but it was so nice out and the path along the river was such a great run, I couldn't resist doing it twice. Smile

8-9 miles later this evening after t-ball practice.

Hope everyone has a great day!!

-Dave

My running blog

Goals | sub-18 5k | sub-3 marathon 2:56:46!!

Ric-G

Work trip to San Francisco for a meetinto and other stuff today. Sorta sucks as a day trip. blows the whole day. Also, don't like typing on iPad. Anyway will do 5 easy much later tonite after I get home. Have a good one all!

marathon pr - 3:16

StepbyStep-SH

I am not happy with this run. My left hamstring was a bit tender Saturday and again during my warm-up yesterday, but felt fine through the race and cool-down. This morning it is sore, with some of the tightness radiating clear up into my hip and lower back on that side. It loosened up a bit during my run, but not much, and I can't seem to find a stretch that is getting all the right spots. Looks like all speedwork is on hold for a while and I will see if I can schedule a massage for tomorrow afternoon or Friday - those are the only times I have open this week. 6.32 miles at the very slow end of my recovery range.

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

B-Plus

4 @ 10:01. My friend did 5 min run/walk and I did short out-and-backs during the walks. Brunch time now, if there is such a thing on weekdays.

Damaris, I hope that the weight training and recovery run go well. Have a speedy and complete recovery.

Phil, enjoy the time on the elliptical machine. Yay for new dress shoes. I wish that I would have that kind I luck when shopping.

kristin10185, enjoy your well-earned rest day. (Aspartame aggravated my arthritis and causes, um, digestive issues for me.)

Shari, brava finishing 6.32 is less-than-stellar conditions. I hope that marathon training goes well.

AprilRunner, I hope that your run will be comfortable.

Oslo, good luck at the dentist's. enjoy the ride and the massage.

Gustav, have a relaxing and refreshing SRD.

DaveP MI, bravo fitting so much yoga into your day so early.

lilac_jive, enjoy doing whatever you do.

Zelanie, you *can* do this. Heal well an race well.

Kay, I hope that the soreness is gone soon.

Robert, you'll be back on track in a jiffy.

Marjorie, terrific 10.5.

B-Plus, sweet easy run.

BruceD555, have pleasant four-five.

Dave, enjoy playing t-ball and running.

Ric-G, have a wonderful easy run.

I felt OK enough to do thirty-five push-ups with the first groups of kids in the gym. I also went for a one-mile walk during my break. I'll run after work.

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Did the Brainpower 5K on Saturday (didn't help much with my brainpower, lol) and the Doggie Dash 5K on Sunday morning. My reports and photos are on the main page somewhere.   Today is a rest day.   I may mow the lawn after work. What little lawn i have left, with this Texas drought.  Most of my yard is just weeds and stuff now.

Congrats on the 5 miles flarunner.

Good luck with your run of undetermined miles, Basya.  Are you allergic to aspertane?  Hope you feel better!

Cracked rib sounds kinda dangerous, Damaris.  Better get that checked.  Don't end up puncturing a lung!

Good luck with the elliptical, Phil, hope it helps your legs.

Congrats on your races, Kristin.  Enjoy the well-earned rest day!

Sorry you did not have a good run, Step.  Hope you find that magic thing that gets everything better for you!  I hope everyone feeling any kind of pain, etc, finds that magic thing!

Gee, April 71 to 73 sounds absolutely cool to me! Joking Good luck with the acclimatizing!

Ugg, dentist, don't remind me Oski, I need to make an appointment myself.  Have a fun bike ride and enjoy the massage.

Enjoy the rest day, Gustav.

Way to get the yoga in, Dave.  Enjoy the resting today!

Good luck with the ITB rehab, lilac.  I thought your ITB was feeling better...

Happy resting, Zelanie.  What are you healing up?

Sorry about the soreness, Kay.  Sounds like some nice weather in your area too.

Congrats on your record week, Robert.  Makes this a cut-back week, right?

Yet another double digit run for Marjorie.  You never slow down, do you?  Yeah, I forgot to mention costochondroitis to Damaris, that's a thought.   I had that before....NOT fun....scary too cuz I initially thought I was having a heart problem, cuz the area I had it was up in the chest area.    Thank goodness it's  a pretty easy fix, all things considered.   Yes, Damaris, it could be in your back...costochondroitis is inflamed cartilege and I do believe human backs have cartilege, right?  .  Joking

Hope your Guest Run went well, B Plus.

Enjoy the recovery miles and the nice weather for a change, Bruce!

Nice running, Dave!  Enjoy the miles after T-ball.  Aren't you a little old for t-ball? Wink

Well, try to make the best of the day trip, Ric.  Save traveling!

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

LRB

April showers bring May...wait what?  Yep, rain forecast all week, so we are seemingly done with one problem but now have another.

Rain I can deal with.  Rain and cold temps, not so much.  Argh!