Beginners and Beyond

DAILIES for Monday (Read 50 times)

Hip Redux

A photo from my bike ride.  Such a beautiful day!

LRB

I'm so glad you guys are finally getting some warm weather!  Spring is the best.

Who said that?  It's colder than a witches tit here!  Well, colder than it should be.

Nice shot Oski, I used to ride one of those things (I forgot the name) before I became a runner.  ; )

scottydawg, aspartame sets my joints ablaze.

Kay, awesome 1.67.

AmiK, sweet easy seven.

Tom nice four miles in even nicer weather.

Damaris, I'm glad that you feel better.

Rick, you can't feel it when you don't feel it.

Oski, I'm glad that you had a productive SPRING day.

Rondog65, fantastic 4.7.

AprilRunner, a wonderful six-miler.

Luke, great distance and pace in such warm weather.

I only made it 1.65 in 16:35.71. 10:02 pace, which is within normal for the first mile or two of a run. My left shin had been a wee sore since yesterday, but it had been bearable. Had been. About .12 miles into the run, the soreness began to increase.

Feh. At least I can still do ab work. I'll do that tonight and go for another run tomorrow morning, pushing weights and cardio to after work.

Tylenol+ice will be my dates for the evening.

Luke79

Who said that?  It's colder than a witches tit here!  Well, colder than it should be.

Nice shot Oski, I used to ride one of those things (I forgot the name) before I became a runner.  ; )

Surely it's going to warm up soon in your neck of the woods.

LRB

Surely it's going to warm up soon in your neck of the woods.

Currently showing 43 for a high this Saturday, which is actually great weather to run a half marathon or marathon in for those folks doing the Martian here.

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

Hey all.  I think my body is messing with me right now, and I feel like I'm falling apart, mentally and phsyically.  I'm trying not to freak out, but it's getting hard.  I swore the legs I was running on today weren't mine.  I felt like I didn't even know what my stride was anymore.  On top of that, I now have this weird pain on the very top of my calf/behind my knee.  It's almost like a pulled a muscle, but I know I didn't.  Who knows!

Oh, my run was 7.65 miles with 8x10sec hill sprints.

Trying to find some more hay to restock the barn

Rondog65

Nice view and bike.  Look forward to getting my bike out and getting some miles under me, maybe a sprint triathalon in the future?

Ron's PRs 5K 24:14 (12/07/2013); Half Marathon 1:53:33 (5/26/2013)

LRB

Hey all.  I think my body is messing with me right now, and I feel like I'm falling apart, mentally and phsyically.  I'm trying not to freak out, but it's getting hard.  I swore the legs I was running on today weren't mine.  I felt like I didn't even know what my stride was anymore.  On top of that, I now have this weird pain on the very top of my calf/behind my knee.  It's almost like a pulled a muscle, but I know I didn't.  Who knows!

Sounds like you could use a drink or two.

delicate flower

Very nice.  We need to do the Tour de Manure again this year!

A beautiful day here in New England, and I spent an hour on the elliptical machine.  *sigh*  Bike ride tomorrow though!

<3

Hip Redux

Were you just sick?  Or am I mis-remembering?    Coming off an illness can feel like hell.

Hip Redux

We need to do the Tour de Manure again this year!

Agreed!

Luke79

Very nice.  We need to do the Tour de Manure again this year!

A beautiful day here in New England, and I spent an hour on the elliptical machine.  *sigh*  Bike ride tomorrow though!

How close are you to running at this point?

YAYpril - B-Plus

Ugh, I'm sorry. Relax (with a drink if that's your thing Smile) and don't freak out. Hugs!

Sounds to me like you need to lay off the hill sprints.

You're welcome.

Dave

SIAR, I hope that you feel well soonSad