Beginners and Beyond

2020 Dailies #134 (Read 28 times)

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Morning.

Gonna take it easy today, not feeling too bad. The chafing on my right shin all the way from last Thursday... omg it just won't go away!! It actually chafed so hard that it became a scrape, ugh. But the good news is that it is the scrape or whatever that hurts, not my shin when rollerblading.  My left lower leg has a minor chafe, not bad.

It's raining all day today, I've got to get DH's new shoes and some drinks for his shop.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

bluerun

Super B****

5.2 miles

Someone left a negative review of a wobble board on Amazon because -- and I swear I am not making this up -- it "feels too unstable." It's a wobble board. Isn't that the whole point?? I can't even with people anymore.

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

Cyberic

10 x 300m / jog back to start - except after 5 I took a longer jog before coming back for the last 5.

58, 60, 59, 59, 59, 59, 59, 60, 59, 59 seconds.

Docket_Rocket

Morning! Didn't run yesterday but I did lift. I have 7 tonight.

Made an appointment with the allergy center nearby. I suspect I'm allergic to certain trees here but I want to know what new shitty allergy I have. It's Wednesday and I have to stop taking Zyrtec like...tomorrow.  I might have not thought this through. 

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

5.2 miles

Someone left a negative review of a wobble board on Amazon because -- and I swear I am not making this up -- it "feels too unstable." It's a wobble board. Isn't that the whole point?? I can't even with people anymore.

ROFL

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

Boy, am I brain dead.  

I had forgotten that ONLY the reason I started running paved stream grade park trail... it was because I couldn’t run DIRT,  nor do tilt.  
              To get bits of hill in my longer run, instead of heading north from  the start point,  I can head south:  a bit paved, then dirt and over the dirt over bumps section I mention, a bit of park access road then paved stream grade... and back.  And can easily add excursions to add more small hills and bits of road crown if I want.

Addendum: rest day, do chore around the house day

LRB

5.2 miles

That's golden right there.

Speaking of reviews, I'm in the market for an adult scooter. Apparently (allegedly) it works the glutes like nobody's business, and I need that.  

Half Crazy K 2.0

4 easy miles.

Bluerun, isn't that the point of a wobble board?

LRB, wouldn't you have to continually switch which leg you use to push on a scooter to work the glutes equally?

LRB

4 easy miles.

Bluerun, isn't that the point of a wobble board?

LRB, wouldn't you have to continually switch which leg you use to push on a scooter to work the glutes equally?

I was thinking X distance with one leg, then turn around and do the same distance with the other. But yes, your way would work too, although with my lack of coordination, I'd likely kill myself. 

onemile

10 x 300m / jog back to start - except after 5 I took a longer jog before coming back for the last 5.

58, 60, 59, 59, 59, 59, 59, 60, 59, 59 seconds.

speedy speedy

Cyberic

speedy speedy

I was sucking air like if I were running with a straw. Good thing I was taking long breaks because running at that pace is not very appreciated by my respiratory system 

sdWhiskers

I was thinking X distance with one leg, then turn around and do the same distance with the other. But yes, your way would work too, although with my lack of coordination, I'd likely kill myself. 

Have you scootered before? Now is not the time to break a hip.

sdWhiskers

My heel was sore yesterday so I skipped running this morning. Hopped on the bike for 60 min instead.

onemile

I was sucking air like if I were running with a straw. Good thing I was taking long breaks because running at that pace is not very appreciated by my respiratory system 

bluerun

Super B****

That's golden right there.

Speaking of reviews, I'm in the market for an adult scooter. Apparently (allegedly) it works the glutes like nobody's business, and I need that.  

But... how??

Supposedly, I have no antibodies. I don't trust the results anyway, and if I had to pay for that test I wouldn't have done it, but since I didn't it was just a free waste of time.

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog