Beginners and Beyond

Mangia! Mangia! Wednesday (Read 41 times)

LRB

Italian for "Eat! Eat!", given that Wednesday is Prince Spaghetti Day, LET'S EAT PASTA!

SRD

MTA: thank god for this (even more so than usual) because I am on Eastern time right now and no way I could've gotten up early enough to get a run in. I am still here tomorrow so will try to at least drag my ass out of bed in time to get in an easy run, and push the scheduled MP workout to Friday when I am home.

Dave

bluerun

Super B****

Naw, I'll run a 5K instead.  My sleep last night was suitably crappy. 

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

StepbyStep-SH

4.5 miles with hill repeats and wall squats.

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

Cyberic

delicate flower

Happy Friday!  This work day is the only thing standing between me and 11 days off from work.  I give it until noon before I am mentally checked out.  I've got an easy 50 minute run on today's training schedule.

Baboon, is your wife doing the full IronMan? I saw a sign today (they're all over but today I paid attention) that it's 3.8 km swim, 180 km bike, followed by a full marathon

That's the one!  She's certainly put in the work and is more than ready.  This is the first time I've experienced DW in full on taper mode.  I'll just say I'll be happy when the race is over.   

<3

LRB

I ran 7. The weather has been joyous to run in the past week or so.

Cyberic

Happy Friday!  This work day is the only thing standing between me and 11 days off from work.  I give it until noon before I am mentally checked out.  I've got an easy 50 minute run on today's training schedule.

That's the one!  She's certainly put in the work and is more than ready.  This is the first time I've experienced DW in full on taper mode.  I'll just say I'll be happy when the race is over.   

JHFC, congrats to her for even attempting such a race.

You will be traveling all day tomorrow I imagine, so maybe it'd be better if we tried to work out the fe today?

Cyberic

Dave, you are proving my point from yesterday that it's easier to run in the PNW air than in the east 

From the Internet.

Morning!

I've been up for what feels like forever already. Early AM workout, 30 minutes on the elliptical (the arch of my broken toe foot hurt after a while, need to roll that sucker out - it spent too much time walking funny over the last 6+ weeks!) and 27 minutes on the stationary bike. Yesterday was weights (squat, seated press, lat pulldown) and 20 minutes on the elliptical.

New favorite thing: cold brewing my own iced coffee from fancy local coffee roaster beans. SO good. I went all-out and made simple syrup to sweeten it too.

Dave, you are proving my point from yesterday that it's easier to run in the PNW air than in the east 

I am in Atlanta right now, so pretty sure any run outside will suck.

Dave

Mmmmm...beer

It will, I'm not too far from Atlanta, recent dewpoints have been lots of fun (yes, I understand that there will be no sympathy from Damaris LOL).  I was down in Kennesaw visiting my brother-in-law recently and enjoyed the hills on nice 8 miler.  I checked my garmin data when I got home and I had over 1200ft of elevation change in those 8 miles!  But they didn't really seem that bad since I regularly get about 700ft of elevation on my daily runs now that I'm in SC.

Speaking of dewpoints, it was 76 for my run last night after work, crazy sweatfest, but still a great 8.6 miles.  Did 6 this morning, more coming this evening. Smile

-Dave

My running blog

Goals | sub-18 5k | sub-3 marathon 2:56:46!!

StepbyStep-SH

Baboon - Tell MBC good luck from the B&B! Take good care of her!

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

LRB

You might lose 8 lbs of fluid after that run!

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

Woke at 6, rolled over and went back to sleep until 8. Drinking coffee now. Intervals this evening. Planned workout 5 sets of 1000m at 10K pace, 200m recovery, 200m at mile pace, 100m recovery.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                                      05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.