Beginners and Beyond

Tuesday's March of the Penguins. To infinity and Beyond. (Read 184 times)

Snickers1230

Tomas, I agree with everything you said in your post

Formerly Jackie_601 on RW

Next up:

4/27 - Green 6.2 10K

Singer who runs a smidge

Oh inertia, how I hate thee!  And embrace thee.  Pretty much at the same time.  Undecided

When it's all said and done, no one remembers how far we have run.  The only thing that matters is how we have loved.

Tomas, I agree with everything you said in your post

Too bad there isnt a thumbs up in the smilies - I had to use this one

”Failing to prepare is preparing to fail.”

“Whether you think you can, or you think you can't--you're right.”

Tomas

Docket_Rocket

Hi, guys.  finally home.  Busy day.

eatrunlivehappy, mine is the Iced Grande Caramel Soy Latte.  Today with an extra shot.

Scotty, hope you're OK.

Hello to all of you.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Wandering Wally

T-rod - What has been seen can not be unseen.  Where is the eye bleach anyway?

Run!  Just Run!

Trail Runner Nation Podcast

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

Kind of raw out today, so we wimped out and ran inside for 40 minutes with DW. We'll call it 4 miles.  It's so boring and depressing with all the walkers.  At least we didn't run anyone over.   I don't know how we'll do it for the next 3-4 months.  Fortunately we can alternate on 3 different free tracks within a 10 minute drive.  Hopefully we'll get back outside tomorrow with a little warmup.  

Awood_Runner

Smaller By The Day

Sorry colony!

I woke up late, and then had a long day of work.  I try to get out the door as soon as work is over while there is still a bit of sunlight.  I just got back from my run, and now I have to help with dinner and get this tree decorated. Anyway...

I made it out for another 6 miles today, but today was different.  See, there's this 5K this Saturday, and I'm kind of itching to get a race in before there aren't any left until spring.  The problem is that with this streak, I've felt like I couldn't generate a decent 5K pace if I tried.  I've run soooo many easy miles, that I felt like my stride was a bit short and tight.  So, I've been wondering if it would be worth interrupting my base building to run a 5K that I won't PR in.  Well, tonight I decided to see if I could generate the speed needed for a 5K with all of this streak fatigue. 

The plan was to warm up with an easy mile, pick up the pace a bit and get the legs loose during the next mile and finally drop the hammer in mile 3 to see what I could do.  After mile 3, my fiance would join me and I'd run 3 more easy miles either knowing that I'm not going to run Saturday, or knowing that I do have some speed in me.

My fast mile was 8:28, which is more than enough to set a PR this weekend if I can hold it for 3.1.  I'm pretty sure that I can. Should I run it?

As for the streak:

6 tonight

18 days total

104.2 miles

Improvements

Weight 100 pounds lost

5K 31:02 Sept. 2012 / 23:36 Sept. 2013 (Same Course)

10K 48:59 April 2013

HM 2:03:56 Nov. 2012 / 1:46:50 March 2013

MARATHON 3:57:33 Nov. 2013

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

Sorry about the accident Scotty!!

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

KaraInSavannah

Runs the streets

Snickers and Jen- congrats on your HMs!

Scotty- sorry to hear about the accident, but glad it didn't break our favorite dog!

I did 8 today. 4 at around an 8:10 pace solo, then 4 with Leah at a 10.

Hey Doc

Feets don't fail me now

Scotty - I'm so glad you're fine!!  Poor little car. Sad

Hi Penguins!  Another insane work day after being on call yesterday.  Didn't get much sleep so opted out of the 4:45am alarm and slept until the 6am one so no run this am.  I just drank a Red Bull and I'm getting on the TM at 8pm.   I will be getting up early tomorrow and try to pull a double.  Work is so insane right now but all of the show horses should be leaving for Florida soon and perhaps life will slow down a bit!

Mmmmm...beer

Awood, I'm starting to really like 5Ks, they're short enough to not mess with pretty much any schedule, and you can just count it as speed work. Smile I say do it.  I was going to do another one this coming Sat, but decided to skip it and volunteer at a 50k that our local club is doing.

Scotty, glad you're ok!

-Dave

My running blog

Goals | sub-18 5k | sub-3 marathon 2:56:46!!

Zelanie

Jackie,

Sounds like a fantastic experience!  My DH got the chance to watch a game from courtside once, and he also had a great time.  His favorite team at the time (Detroit) was playing in Seattle, where he saw them.  Detroit won in a buzzer beater, and he has video of the last play.  Apparently the Seattle fans sitting by him were not as excited as he was by the whole thing.

He loved being close enough to watch the players come down the hall.  He was sitting right by the Detroit bench, which was perfect.

hog4life

awood, I say race it!

Kara, you are getting speedy.

Scotty, glad you are okay. I thought all the stupid drivers were here in Alabama!

I ended up running 3.54 miles in 41 degrees feels like 36 temp.

Awood_Runner

Smaller By The Day

Scotty - I'm glad you're alright, and have good insurance.

Well, that's two votes for running it.  I'll keep the runs easy the rest of the week, and maybe shorten Friday up a tad.  I'll make it up on Saturday though :-)

Improvements

Weight 100 pounds lost

5K 31:02 Sept. 2012 / 23:36 Sept. 2013 (Same Course)

10K 48:59 April 2013

HM 2:03:56 Nov. 2012 / 1:46:50 March 2013

MARATHON 3:57:33 Nov. 2013

Bin Running

Scotty, glad you are ok..

Awood, 3 votes for running that 5K.

DS is getting better.. He was up to his usual naughty self yday.. I dun mind as long as he's not unwell..

2015 Races

2XU HM - 29 Mar