Beginners and Beyond

WednesDAILIES: The miles aren't going to run themselves (Read 37 times)

LRB

7 on the human wheel.

RunningOnSand

7 on the human wheel.

I shall be doing the same. But first,

onemile

I'm planning to run at the indoor track with RP later today

Cyberic

RCD. Thought about running intervals at lunch, but I'll save my energy to fight the stupid cold. It's improved and I don't want to become too tired and plunge back into the darkness of sickness.

Docket_Rocket

Back in court for regular hearings (first time since the shutdown).  I have either 5, 6, or 8 with strides.  We'll see how much time and lungs I have tonight.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

onemile

Calm down. It's going to be warm by the weekend 

LRB

I shall be doing the same. But first,

Hilarious

delicate flower

Hello.  We got just enough snow last night to be a minor pain in the ass.  The pool had a late opening, which means no swim for me, and since I was up anyway, I went to the gym for an easy treadmill bonus run.  Normally my coach tells me not to run extra miles, but for this marathon cycle he says go ahead and run them but keep the effort light.  And so I did.  5 miles.

I've got a bike test tonight, and it going to hurt.  It's a short 25 minute workout, but the intensity keeps building until the workout ends or you (more likely) hit failure.    The results of this workout will define my workouts for the next several weeks.

<3

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Calm down. It's going to be warm by the weekend 

Lol that's what worries me, the sudden jump from this shit to the 50s might make my sinuses worse.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

Docket_Rocket

I posted this in FB yesterday.  Not super warm here, but warmer than everywhere else.  Summer is around the corner (next week we will be in the 80s).  Feel free to come; just don't drive, thanks.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

12 miles.

Dave

PleasantRidge

Warm&fuzzy

I've got a bike test tonight, and it going to hurt.  It's a short 25 minute workout, but the intensity keeps building until the workout ends or you (more likely) hit failure.    The results of this workout will define my workouts for the next several weeks.

I've done a couple of ramp tests.  I test higher on the 8 min or 20 min test, because I am weaksauce when it comes to intense suffering.  About 20 mins into the ramp test, I start crying like a little girl.

If you don't mind me asking, what is your FTP?

Runner with a riding problem.

PleasantRidge

Warm&fuzzy

Oh yeah, Good morning!

I did 2.5 hours on the trainer, with 2x20 min tempo.  It's 20 outside, with a north wind making the WC about 10.  FWRITF

Have a great day!

Runner with a riding problem.

delicate flower

I've done a couple of ramp tests.  I test higher on the 8 min or 20 min test, because I am weaksauce when it comes to intense suffering.  About 20 mins into the ramp test, I start crying like a little girl.

If you don't mind me asking, what is your FTP?

The ramp test is what I've got tonight.  This is the first time I'm doing that one.  I've done the 20:00 ftp tests in the past.  My current ftp is 213, which was tested a couple of months ago, down from 225.  I did that last test with very tired legs though and really struggled, so I expect that 213 to come up a bit after tonight.  My workouts based on the 213 ftp over the last few weeks have not been particularly difficult, but I am sure my improved running fitness has something to do with that.  Funny how improved running can help your biking, but it doesn't seem to work the other way.

<3