Beginners and Beyond

MonDAILIES: 74, 78, 77, 78, 78 (Read 38 times)

LRB

Yo.

It's a rest day for me so the current temperature of 52 is a bit on the chilly side. The five day forecast looks marvelous though.

No more marathons

28 mph winds and "squalls" are in the forecast for 6:00 tonight when I would run..

Umm.  Probably not.

Boston 2014 - a 33 year journey

Lordy,  I hope there are tapes. 

He's a leaker!

delicate flower

It's Monday and I'm in Zombie Mode.  It's a wonder I didn't drown at the pool this morning.  6 days until my 70.3 goal race.  75 days until marathon #9.

<3

onemile

Rest day is the best day

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

5.2 miles this morning with Jetta, it was 55 degrees and felt great other than me feeling cruddy.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

Rest day is the best day

Ah yes, I remember those. And also remember why I took them on Mondays. 5 shitty miles.

Dave

Cyberic

Run commute day.

onemile

Run commute day.

Are you planning on racing this fall?

onemile

Ah yes, I remember those. And also remember why I took them on Mondays. 5 shitty miles.

I had a hard enough time walking from my parking lot into the office 

I had a hard enough time walking from my parking lot into the office 

The worst part for me this morning was probably just getting from my bed to the bathroom. FFS.

Three big weeks coming up, then taper.

Dave

Runshortii

Rest day for me.

Question for the masses, how often do you usually take gels during your marathons? For my 20 milers I've taken one gu around mile 10 and usually stopped for water once or twice. I've felt okay, this last 20 miler I think I should've stopped for water once more but otherwise I've felt okay as far as taking one gel goes. Then I was reading online that some people take them every 5 miles, so should I plan on taking more during the race? I had kind of planned on taking two...maybe three at the most. They don't upset my stomach at all so that's not an issue. Idk wtf I'm doing with this marathon shit lol

Rest day for me.

Question for the masses, how often do you usually take gels during your marathons? For my 20 milers I've taken one gu around mile 10 and usually stopped for water once or twice. I've felt okay, this last 20 miler I think I should've stopped for water once more but otherwise I've felt okay as far as taking one gel goes. Then I was reading online that some people take them every 5 miles, so should I plan on taking more during the race? I had kind of planned on taking two...maybe three at the most. They don't upset my stomach at all so that's not an issue. Idk wtf I'm doing with this marathon shit lol

Every 6 miles, so 4 total for the race. And I take a drink from every water station, usually every ~2 miles. And try to time the gels right before a water stop, to wash them down better. This is all more than I ever do in a training run.

Dave

onemile

Rest day for me.

I always took 1 every 5 miles during races. But then Addie suggested alternating gel and sports drink every 5k.So I did that when I ran IMM in 2016. But then at CIM last year they had Nuun and not sports drink. So I went back to my original plan. Because Nuun is garbage.

I usually end up taking 4 of them during a marathon but I usually carry 5.

I check the map to see where the aid stations will be and then I eat the gel shortly before arriving at the aid station so I can focus on drinking water as I pass thru.

Eta - I would err on the side of taking as many as you can stomach

LRB

Question for the masses, how often do you usually take gels during your marathons?

I've manage to not take them as planned in every marathon I've run.

onemile

I've manage to not take them as planned in every marathon I've run.

lol