Beginners and Beyond

TUESDAILIES run on caffeine (Read 57 times)

@runjerseygirl

Cool WELCOME TO THE DAILIES THREAD Cool 

Anyone and everyone can post your runs, cross-training, abdominal work, rest days, race plans, training questions, etc.. The only stupid question is the one you did not post. There’s a great mix of beginners and veterans, runners and walkers, and maniacs and returners (from injury, to running, to RA). We're all a little crazy here, too! While this thread is a terrific source of motivation for runners and serves as outstanding accountability, you’ll quickly find this remarkable group to be highly supportive of all life experiences. So, come on in, put your feet up, and stay awhile (not literally!) And whoever is up first is welcome to start the thread and we definitely keep some weird hours around here.

Do you even run?

@runjerseygirl

Sorry, nothing witty, just a lot of caffeine today.

Do you even run?

hog4life

Coffee all night long, hope I can sleep today!

Hi ya Kay Smile

Morning Kay & all! Got up early, already have 3 cups in me.

Planning 6 miles at lunchtime today, wish I had time for more. Although the boss is out of town today....

Let's have a great day everyone!

Dave

LRB

Works for me, and I plan to do just that!

Today begins the first of four Tuesday's that I will be off from work, specifically to run!  Yep, I will be heading over to the track for speed play, while getting paid.  Does that make me a pro?  Bahahahahaha!

That will be in awhile though.  Right now I am enjoying some morning tunes...of the Looney variety.  Catch my drift?

Good morning all.........felt like I was up all night.......YAWN,. Ill get 3 in after work.

have a great day!

First Race

Hot Chocolate 5K Chicago November 4, 2012 30:17

Second Race

Penguin in the Park 5K Decatur Illinois March 23,2013 27:08

Scott

flarunner

Mornin' Chilluns!

Did 6 miles this morning. It was humid and I was slow.

Hope everyone has a great workout and a fantabulous day!

And, that's all folks!  Wink

Docket_Rocket

Morning.  I felt so bad yesterday, I didn't run.  I feel a bit better so I'll try the 6 recovery miles and weights tonight.

Kay, thanks for the coffee.

Mitch, Dave, LRB, Sparker, flarunner, morning!  Hope your day goes well.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Nevrgivup

Hey guys. I ran 5 miles last night on the TM. Today is a swimming day. It will be my last lesson of six tonight. I loved them so much, I signed up for more. I won't be trying anytime soon. I just want to get into the pool and move. Big grin

Running is my mental-Ctrl-Alt-Del. 

runmomto3boys

I have a tempo on tap for today if my legs are recovered enough.  Mom is coming by to watch the boys so I can run at 9:00, which is a treat!  Pfitz says I should run 10 with 4 at tempo pace and I'm targeting 6:30-6:40ish for the tempo miles, no faster, no slower.  If my legs are too trashed, yet, then I'll just do a MLR instead.

RunTomRun

Wickedly Average

Morning, Dailies! Happy Tuesday!

Kay, coffee's your friend. And mine - fresh pot just finished brewing!

Mitch - your turn on nights, eh. I finally got a good 9 hours of sleep last night, which I really needed!

Dave - enjoy the 6 and enjoy your time without the boss. That's always a plus.

LRB - enjoy your day off, and your run. Weekdays are great for running, especially if you have a crowded park in which to run. It's a lot less crowded on a weekday (so is WalMart for that matter, but you can't run much there).

Sparker - have fun with your 3.

Flarunner - It appears that you've finished 6 miles before I even woke up!

D - hope your 6 goes well tonight, and hope you have a calm day at work.

Shari - Have fun with the swimming! Something I never really learned to do.

RMT3B - Don't worry if your legs won't let you follow Pfitz exactly as written. If they're still recovering from your 20 miler, then they need a recovery run, not a vigorous workout. IMHO anyway...

Me - I might get in a 3-4 mile "recovery" run after yesterday's 10 miler. Something I noticed about my NB 870 V2 shoes; they run a little shorter than the old version 1 pair. It's bothering my feet enough that I think I'll be using them more for short runs, and use the older ones for the long runs only. I guess I really need to get to the LRS and get fitted properly.

Tom (formerly known as PhotogTom)

5K - 25:16, 10K - 55:31,  15K - 1:20:55,   HM - 1:54:54

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

Morning.

Today starts my new training plan that will take me into mid-June. Thank you, truly, for everyone who helped me with it.

2 miles. 34 degrees. Longest run since the run that started all this ITB garbage on 12/28. Felt amazing! Went down to the jogging path by the water hoping that they had salted and plowed it, or that yesterdays high 40s temps and rain had melted most of the snow. It seemed the former wasn't really true, but the latter was, so save for having to be careful of some icy patches, it was fine. It felt so good to be out there!! Once again, my pace seems to have improved since before this injury business.... first mile at 10:40 (seriously?! still) second at 12:08 but it didn't autopause when I stopped for at least 30-40 seconds to adjust my knee brace and tights, or when I creeped around a big icy patch. Overall very pleased Smile. Have a great day!

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

BruceD555

Morning Dailies!

Last night just before heading to bed I stubbed my middle toe on one of my DW's weights on the floor at the foot of the bed. I felt it pop and it hurt like crazy. I woke up really early this morning and was able to walk fine so I buddy taped it up and ran 6 miles on the treadmill at work. (I got our office to change the key-card hours to start at 4 AM Wink No problems during the run but now it hurts again like crazy. I'm icing it but as long as it doesn't bother my runs I'm fine with a little pain.

This has been my #1 taper madness fear, so I guess it's good to get it out of the way 2 months early.

Train smart ... race smarter.

delicate flower

'Morning, gang!  Another day on the couch, though I do have a PT appointment this afternoon.

That's all I got.

<3

LRB

I woke up really early this morning and was able to walk fine so I buddy taped it up and ran 6 miles on the treadmill at work. (I got our office to change the key-card hours to start at 4 AM Wink

Due to last weeks snow emergency, I (along with the rest of us who are expected to work them) was given 24 hour access to our building.

Up until then, it had been from 6:00 am to 9:00 pm.  Like you, I also run at work, so on the rare chance I need access to the treadmills/showers before 6:00, I now have it!  What is funny is the rest of the guys were like whatever, while I was like yes, (fist pump!) ha-ha!

Kris w/ #'s, take it slow.  Resist the temptation to run faster than easy pace for a few weeks, at a minimum.