Beginners and Beyond

TUESDAILIES run on caffeine (Read 57 times)

BruceD555

OK, so I felt guilty about not doing shout-outs so...

KayPS- Thanks for getting us going today with the coffee! Hope yours is a fabulous day!

DaveP MI- Well, you're 2 1/2 cups ahead of me already but I did get my run in beforehand. Have a great 6 later on today.

LRB- What a concept ... paid to run. Enjoy your trackwork today!

Sparker1606- Have a good 3 later on today. Hopefully the legs are feeling springier after the skiing over the weekend.

flarunner- Ugghhh, humidity. Good job on the 6 this morning ... even if it was slow.

Docket_Rocket - Sorry to hear you had a bad one yesterday. Here's hoping for a light day and a great run later on.

Nevrgivup - Nice work on the 5 TM miles yesterday and enjoy your swim today!

runmomto3boys- Hope your legs feel better today and the tempo run goes well. (BTW you scare me with your tempo pace) Nice that your mom is able to spend some time with your boys AND you can get in an early workout.

RunTomRun- Sorry to hear you've got some shoe woes right now ... I really hate change! I've taken to buying an extra pair of whatever shoes I'm using (Brooks Pure Cadence) and stashing them away because I know the shoe companies will just change it to something I probably won't like as much. Have a good 3 recovery miles later on.

kristin10185 - Great job out there kicking off your shiny new plan and no ITB issues on your 2 miles.

Train smart ... race smarter.

Chairman

easy 10

A lot of black ice out there this morning.

Coalition for a Free and Independent New Jersey

RunTomRun

Wickedly Average

RunTomRun- Sorry to hear you've got some shoe woes right now ... I really hate change! I've taken to buying an extra pair of whatever shoes I'm using (Brooks Pure Cadence) and stashing them away because I know the shoe companies will just change it to something I probably won't like as much. Have a good 3 recovery miles later on.

Well, they made one change that I liked - less heel-toe drop. But they also changed the last and made the toe box just a bit shorter. If I had been thinking, I'd have sent them back and gotten one size larger (they don't do half sizes in the range where my feet reside). If the materials around the front of the shoe had a bit more stretch to them, all would be fine.

They're not terrible, but they are playing nasty on longer runs with the first two toes on my right foot. I do like the lower heels, though the difference isn't nearly as significant as I thought it would be. I really like that they're light, as are their predecessor. That's a big plus.

Tom (formerly known as PhotogTom)

5K - 25:16, 10K - 55:31,  15K - 1:20:55,   HM - 1:54:54

Gunnie26.2

#dowork

Morning B&B! 8+ miles w/4x5min @ I pace (6:18) w/3min recoveries. really windy in PA today so ran to/from gym for warmup/cooldown and did workout on mill. #doworkgetfaster

Good running all!

PR's - 5K - 20:15 (2013) | 10K - 45:14 (2011)  | 13.1 - 1:34:40 (2013)  | 26.2 - 3:40:40 (2014)

Up Next:

???

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

After this rain moves out of San Antonio later, lots of sunshine and a 71-degree day.  I plan to run about 4 miles or so...somewhere...haven't mad up my mind which of my 100-or-so available local running routes I want to use today.

No caffeine for me, Kay, I really do not like coffee at all.  Hmm, maybe I can get my caffeine from chocolate... Joking

Mitch, follow the coffee with a shot of Jack Daniels...you'll sleep! Big grin

Good luck with your 6, Dave!

Enjoy your off-Tuesdays, LRB, and your running!  I dunno...at times Looney Toons BUGS me... Wink

Happy 3, Sparker!  Hope you stay awake for them.

Heck, flarunner, even when it's not humid here, I'm still slow, lol.  Congrats on your morning miles.

Damaris, you better behave yourself and not relapse.

Congrats on your swimming classes/progress Nevrgivup!

Dang, Heidi, you are a running machine!  Good luck with your workout today.

Maybe it's not the shoes, Tom...maybe you feet have spread out more..Wink   I know my stomach sure has done that as I've gotten older and slower....Sad

Sorry about the toe, Bruce, hope you did not break it. Look at the positive side...you could've tripped over the weight, fallen down, and broken something else.  So don't worry, be happy..someone is watching over you during your taper madness.

So what do you do all day on the couch, Phil, hmmmm? Good luck with your PT appointment...at which I am sure there will be a lot of this going on:  "OuchOuchOuchOuchOuchOuchOuchOuchOuchOuchOuchOuchOuchOuchOuchOuch!"

Black ice? Stay safe, scrape!

Congrats on your morning run, Jedi.  My daughter lives in PA too, in York.

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

YAYpril - B-Plus

Morning!

I made these for you... homemade funfetti cupcakes with vanilla buttercream frosting.

Welp, I'm taking my first URD of 2013. Sad I think I tweaked my hip (around the joint) on my Wednesday run last week because it started bothering me Thursday. It doesn't hurt when I run, which is why I ran my normal miles last week, but it bothers me when I walk. It feels like it's just super-tight. So I'm taking an extra rest day today (I rarely ever take 2 days in a row off) to see if that fixes the problem.

Planning on some intervals today. My wife is sick and my youngest has swimming so we'll see when I can fit it.

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

I swear I was taking it easy! That is why I'm so confused! All I did was fix my form and cadence.... and suddenly it takes so much less effort to go faster....who knew overstriding and heel striking were so bad??? ok, lots of people knew that...but I didn't lol. I could have forced myself to slow down more....probably should do that next time...the first pace I saw on my garmin was 9:45(?!?! whatttt?!)

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

Docket_Rocket

Thanks, guys.  You don't realize how exhausting the asthma makes you until it passes.

April, hope the hip is OK.  Rest!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Ball of Fury

Hi all!  Hope you are all enjoying your runs, cross training, rest days, and whatever else you might be doing! Today was interval day 2 of the Hanson HM plan and I chickened out and went to the gym to do it on the treadmill.  I don't know why running on the track in the dark is bothering me, especially since I run in the dark all the time!  Anyway, I had my first treadmill accident this morning and let me tell you, treadmill rash hurts!  Next week, I am putting on my big girl panties and going to the track!  I was a bit worried about this workout because when I got up, my legs (especially calves) were super tight.  But, after a 1 mile warm-up, I felt great.  I had 8 x 600 M today and I did the first 4 @ 7:19 and the last 4 @ 7:13 (I think I will stick with 7:13 from now on) and although I was ready for it to be over, it was easier than I thought it would be.  Next time, I think I need to run the recoveries a bit faster because I was doing them @ 9:40 so only getting in about 0.2 miles instead of 0.25.  Overall, I did 6.6 miles and it was a good workout!  Hope you all have a great day!

PRs:  5K 22:59, 10K 46:54,HM: 1:51:15

Robert31320

Team TJ

Good morning, everyone.

We have monsoon like rain here this morning so I got nothing done, yet.  I plan to run in town, after work.  I need about a 5 mile weather window to get it done.  That just a short time ago took about an hour, not anymore Big grin.

Running for TJ because he can't.

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

April and Damaris hope you both feel better.

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

LRB

Yawn, stretch, yawn.  Well, it doesn't look like it's going to get any "warmer".  Currently it's 31 with a wind chill of 23 and overcast skies, that is going to have to do.  Especially considering that have run in much worse lol!

Guess it's time to get off my rump and get this thing going....

DCDan78

Good morning dailies!

I ended up having yesterday as a rest day, so I've shifted the days back in my schedule this week and TODAY will do the 3 plus some strength work.  At least that's the goal.

And today is also my last day of running with caffeine until April.  The next few weeks should be ... fun.

delicate flower

So what do you do all day on the couch, Phil, hmmmm? Good luck with your PT appointment...at which I am sure there will be a lot of this going on:  "OuchOuchOuchOuchOuchOuchOuchOuchOuchOuchOuchOuchOuchOuchOuchOuch!"

I've watched a lot of movies...been averaging two a day.

<3