Beginners and Beyond

TUESDAILIES run on caffeine (Read 57 times)

I literally have a shit load of purple

The fact that you used the word "literally" here makes me wonder what you have been eating....

Wink

Dave

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Now that's one thing I had no problem letting go.  I haven't changed my oil since God got the news to Moses!

Ironically, we were talking about this in the office recently and there are two guys there who still change their oil.

We have to change our oil?  Dang, no wonder my car is acting funny.... Wink

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

The fact that you used the word "literally" here makes me wonder what you have been eating....

Wink

Mmmm, purple cabbage

Trying to find some more hay to restock the barn

LRB

Ha-ha, what I need is more neon green and electric yellow running gear.  I feel like I am flying when I wear either of them!

runmomto3boys

SIAR: That work out was literally NUTS!  Crazy difficult!  You freaking rock!!!!  Those paces?  Whoa!

Dave: You are a hoot.  You just crack me up!

BruceD555

And I'm spent!  Threshold run, 13.35 mi total:

3mi easy

15min MP (6:40, 6:47, 6:47 pace)/1min recovery jog

15min HMP (6:23, 6:23, 6:22 pace)/1min recovery jog

15min 10k(6:02, 6:11, bailed)

3mi easy

I'm a little  bummed that I didn't finish out the last 3 minutes of the 10k pace section, but I bargained so hard with myself to hit the pace in the second 10k mile that I was just done.  I was also a little too fast on all the other paces, so that hurt me at the end (should have been 6:52, 6:26, 6:05).  I guess that just shows me how important it is to hit my marathon pace right from the start if I'm going to meet my goal in April.

I wouldn't be at all disappointed about bailing the last 3 minutes of your final 10k interval. That's some screaming fast paces on the threshold run ... NICE job!  I would have been curled up in the corner in the fetal position well before that point if I was running those kind of times.

Train smart ... race smarter.

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

SIAR: That work out was literally NUTS!  Crazy difficult!  You freaking rock!!!!  Those paces?  Whoa!

Dave: You are a hoot.  You just crack me up!

Says the girl who just ran 4 at 6:26 herself Smile

Bruce...Thanks...and for the record, I'm in the fetal position now, which makes working from home a real blessing lol.

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Smile

My sister and I are excited about the Run of Luck next month, we plan on actually dressing up this time and having fun. This will be the first time I wear a tutu!

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

Can it be arranged for SIAR and RM23B to race each other?!

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

Robert31320

Team TJ

The sun was shining about 30 minutes ago and now it's pouring rain again.  Damn it man!

Running for TJ because he can't.

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

Can it be arranged for SIAR and RM23B to race each other?!

Good stuff!  I'd love her as a training partner, that's for sure.

Docket_Rocket

Wow, two pages to read?  keep it up!

This day has been too busy.  And with lots of things happening, none of which I can talk here, but suffice it to say I am going to run today or I will go CRAZY!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

RunTomRun

Wickedly Average

The sun was shining about 30 minutes ago and now it's pouring rain again.  Damn it man!

Rain's moving in here also, Robert. I'm glad I got my run in earlier when the clouds were just starting to roll in.

Tom (formerly known as PhotogTom)

5K - 25:16, 10K - 55:31,  15K - 1:20:55,   HM - 1:54:54

Robert31320

Team TJ

Rain's moving in here also, Robert. I'm glad I got my run in earlier when the clouds were just starting to roll in.

I haven't run since Saturday and it's starting to frustrate the hell out of me.  We really needed the rain, but damn...I just need one hour when I'm not at work.

Running for TJ because he can't.

Ric-G

SIAR - that is a pretty wild run...nice job no matter what!

runmom - xlnt that *your* mom helps you to get out and get your run complete...you always impress.

marathon pr - 3:16