Beginners and Beyond

Hey Sole Train! (Read 355 times)

slowrunningjulie

Here ya go!

From the split times, it looks like Mr. Astin fell apart towards the end of the course.

Rick

Happens to the best of us!

I am thinking very seriously about running the Goofy Challenge in 2014. I have been watching this event for two years now, wanting to do it. The time is right!

Upcoming:

July 27 - San Francisco marathon

aplodder

Susan

Hi, Sole Trainers.  You have a lost new member over at RWOL.  Would someone please send a PM to Kathleen145 and let her know where you are?  She is looking forward to meeting you all.

Runner's World Thread

KreegSauceRuns

Thanks for letting me know!  I'll get her over here!

1/8/22 - Frosty 50k - 5:21:19 (strava)

3/26/22 - Blackbeard's Revenge 100 - 27:27:06 (strava)

9/30/22 - Yeti 100 - Abingdon, VA - 25:46:01 (strava)

4/1/23 - Umstead 100 - Raleigh, NC

KreegSauceRuns

Hi folks!  I know I've been MIA for a few weeks.  The 100k was my first DNF.  I was happy though.  I made it almost 32 miles and then I dropped.  I lived to run another day.  I could have completed it but I was totally beat and didn't want to injure myself so I dropped.

Since then I've put in some good long runs including today where I did 22.5 miles in 4h35m with 4,900+ ft. of elevation change.  I also worked on my uphill running form/posture and I could tell it makes a difference when you do it right.

I've been doing some cross training on my bike trainer and a lot of strength training on my legs which I think made a difference as well.  I"m doing everything I can to prepare myself for Massanutten 100 which is in 98 days!

I also signed up for a 24 hour trail race that's about 10 min. from my house.  It's March 9 so fits in perfectly with my schedule for Massanutten.

Hope everyone is doing well.

WELCOME to our new team member Kathleen145!!!  I've sent her a PM over on RWOL so hopefully she joins us here!

aplodder

Susan

Thanks for letting me know!  I'll get her over here!

Thank you.  I wasn't sure if you guys were posting in both places or just RA.  (Navigating over there is almost painful the last couple of days with all the spam.)

Hiya team! So happy to be on your team and looking forward to making your acquaintance. I've been lurking on the RW sidelines for almost a year. Just getting my bearings here. Any pointers much appreciated. Be gentle...I'm still a newb.

Kathleen

2015 Goals:

Sub 30 5K

Sub 60 10K

delicate flower

Hiya Kathleen!  Welcome to the team!  I used to post a lot at RW but have stopped completely.  I'll check it out again once (if) they get things figured out.  I am currently on the IR.

<3

You Rang?

Hi Kathleen 145!  Welcome to our little refuge from the RWOL spam!

Rick

Rick 

PR: 5k 25:01 (10/15) 10k: 57:44 (7/14) HM: 1:57 (5/15) FM: 4:55 (1/15)

KreegSauceRuns

Welcome, Kathleen!  We moved over here because of all the spam as you can probably see today on RWOL.

glad you are part of the team. Feel free to ask any questions. we were all newb's at some point. Everyone oils at different stages of running so we can relate to just about anything.

Im Nathan and from NC. Married and have a daughter that will be 1 on the 21st. Training for the Massanutten 100 miler currently.

Doesn't matter how many miles you run. Just stay healthy, don't get injured and post your miles each week!

KreegSauceRuns

12.2 this morning in 2h28m on the trails. 34.7 for the weekend. May get in a short recovery run this afternoon. We'll see

Happy Sunday! I logged 11.28 miles this week. In working on being consistent with 3 runs per week to reach a steady 10 mpw. Once that happens I'll work on adding that fourth run as part of my routine. In between I get a good overall workout with a Jillian Michael dvd. I started running a year and a half ago when my daughters challenged me to a 5k. I've been running ever since... my girls not so much. I just turned 53, 5 kids, 6 grand kids, work full time, run my own part time quilting business, and never felt better. For me as a life running goal, if I can pound out 2-3 miles on any given day, be comfy with a 5-6 LSR, knock out some sub 30 5k's every now and then...I'm a happy camper. So you won't see huge numbers from me, but you'll see my numbers. I'm grateful to have you behind me and with me. Enjoying the journey! Phil....I remember that you were one of the first to welcome me to RWOL. That meant a lot. I' ve always admired your posts. I hope this year of recovery goes well for you.

Kathleen

2015 Goals:

Sub 30 5K

Sub 60 10K

slowrunningjulie

Good job Kathleen and welcome to the team! We welcome runners of all levels, the only thing we ask is that you post your miles. And if you won't be running, either because of injury or real life, please let us know so that we know that you still want to play and will be back. I am Julie, 41 year old runner from Texas. I am married with two kids, a son who is 6 and a daughter who is 4. I have been running steadily since 2009 and am training for my second marathon on March 17.

34 miles for me this week. I feel bad for those of you who are dealing with the blizzard.

Upcoming:

July 27 - San Francisco marathon

You Rang?

Hi Kathleen and welcome to the team.

I suffer from Adult Onset Athleticism.  I'ma 44 year old attorney in Southern California.  I'm married and have one daughter.  I've been running for 18 months.  I've completed a few half marathons, and am contemplating my first marathon in the winter of 2014.  I run six days a week and ran 36 miles last week.

Rick

Rick 

PR: 5k 25:01 (10/15) 10k: 57:44 (7/14) HM: 1:57 (5/15) FM: 4:55 (1/15)

I'm happy there's a thread!  I had just gotten in the habit of checking/posting when RW exploded with spam.  I will try to get back in the habit now!  Doing the National Half in DC in about a month.  Did a 12 mile run yesterday in pretty decent time.  It makes me feel good because the two other half marathons I've done I didn't train for very well, only running about 10 miles in a long run before the race, and I still did okay.  So watch, I'll probably blow up on this one because of too MUCH training. LOL

KreegSauceRuns

Took a rest day today.  Did some core work at lunch and 15 min. on the elliptical.  Will do some easy running tomorrow at lunch.