Beginners and Beyond

Hey Sole Train! (Read 355 times)

slowrunningjulie

Rest day here too as well. Monday is DH's night to go to the gym, so I am home with the kiddos. I don't plan to run much this week, since I am doing the Austin half this weekend.

Upcoming:

July 27 - San Francisco marathon

bluerun

Super B****

I really miss running.  Sad

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

slowrunningjulie

Three miles last night and I also did a yoga class. I was really glad that I did the yoga - although I have been increasing my miles, I have skipped a couple of yoga classes over the past couple of weeks. My muscles were super tight, to the point that there were things that I used to be able to do that I could not do last night. it really highlights for me how injuries can occur. This morning,I am sore but do not have a lot of the aches and pains that I associate with increased mileage.

Upcoming:

Great job on the yoga!  I was doing that for a while - twice a week, plus once a week at pilates.  But I was doing them at lunch, and then it got really cold so I just wanted to stay at my desk/eat with my coworkers.  So I fell off the wagon.  Goal is to get back on it next week!  And figure out some way to really and truly block people from scheduling work meetings during that time...

You Rang?

I'm back out on the road again.  I'm in South Carolina and on Tuedsay I head up to Boston.  I expected to be able to run outside here in the Carolinas but it's like 25 degrees outside.  Ya know.... kinda like Boston in February.  So I'm off to the hotel treadmill both in Carolina and Massachusetts.  That kinda sucks.

Rick 

PR: 5k 25:01 (10/15) 10k: 57:44 (7/14) HM: 1:57 (5/15) FM: 4:55 (1/15)

slowrunningjulie

That does suck. You should come to Texas. It is sunny and in the 60's here.

Upcoming:

Sunny and 60s!  Definitely jealous!  It's rainy and 40s here for the day.  Maybe 50...

Taking a little running break this week, everyone, sorry for the low numbers.  Have been feeling an ache in one of my feet, similar to something that knocked me out for a while two years ago, so I'm taking it easy.  Ran 5.6 on Sunday, no running during this week, then may run on Saturday if things are looking up.  Hoping for decent enough weather that Saturday will be outside!!

You Rang?

That does suck. You should come to Texas. It is sunny and in the 60's here.

Actually, I'd like to go home to Southern California.  Sunny and in the high 60's and low 70's twelve months of the year.  But now I'm at the Greenville Airport awaiting my flight to the frozen tundra of New England and another hotel treadmill.  Sigh.

Rick

Rick 

Hi team! Just got home from a 4 day quilt retreat. May sound lame, but it was a great time away to start and finish a quilt. I had two great runs - one nice long run in the beautiful Kansas country and a second on the trails where I was staying. It was my first trail run. I ran 3 VERY slow miles. Very different. I could tell my foot strike was different. Felt like I was running on my toes, more softly. So peaceful I felt wrong listening to music so I turned it off and enjoyed the quiet. Also very happy that my retreat didn't interrupt my running. Glad to be home. Lookng forward to a quick 2 miler in the morning. It is suppossed to be frigid tomorrow before a big storm. So cold or not better get out there while I can. Catch you all later. Safe travels Rick.

Kathleen

2015 Goals:

Sub 30 5K

Sub 60 10K

slowrunningjulie

Glad to hear you made it home safely Kathleen!

This is my peak mileage week for marathon training. It is a low mileage marathon program, so I expect to log about 38 miles. I am not one of those 60 mpw people. But I am feeling good about my race!

Upcoming:

Kristi_G

Hi Guys - I got added to the team a few weeks ago and just learned there is a team thread here. So hello! I'm a new runner, pretty much never ran in my life until last year when I started C25K.  Even then it took me a couple tries to get through the program and not get discouraged. I don't think I'll ever be a natural runner but I like how I feel when I'm done and the sense of accomplishment so I'm sticking with it. Wink

Since last year, I've done 6 different 5k's and last Saturday was my first 5 miler. I'm a very slow runner but so far I haven't yet been last in a race so that's some comfort haha. I have at least 2 races per month planned for the rest of the year and I'm really excited about them. Most weeks my miles are in the 15-20 range but I'm working on increasing that. It seems difficult to increase both speed and endurance at the same time so I guess I'm aiming more for endurance currently. I'm hoping to gradually drop off this last 25 lbs I need to lose and that should also help me increase my speed.

I'm a mom of 4, kids range in age from 27 down to 8, and I live near Philly.

Julie - I saw you just did the Austin half? My son ran that on Sunday too. He is stationed at Ft. Hood.

You Rang?

Welcome Kristi_G!

My workout was cancelled this morning.  I budgeted an hour for the hotel treadmill at 6:00 am.  I'm in Boston and it's far too cold, windy, and icy to run outside.  I arrived at the hotel workout room this morning expecting to find an empty room, where to my surprise, all three treadmills were occupied.  I waited a few minutes, and then left as I'd run out of time.  I haven't taken a rest day yet this week, so I think that's what today will be.

Flying back to the warm California sun tonight and will run outside tomorrow!

Rick

Rick 

Welcome Kristi! I'm a new team member like you and pretty new to running also. I loved c25k! Before that program I'd have sworn that I would never be a runner. It was life altering. Way to go on the mpw and race schedule.

Kathleen

2015 Goals:

Sub 30 5K

Sub 60 10K

irakanji

Hello and welcome all.  I was just placed on team Sole Train.

Little background on me.  My nake is Kenny. I am a 29 year old single male from Colorado, and have run for about 4 years.  I currently run about 5-6 time a week and average 20 MPW.

My goals for the year are  5K in 26:XX 10K in 59:XX and a half in 2:11:00    I would also like to increase my weekly mileage to 30 MPW.

Today was supposed to be a easy run day but the snow falling outside changed my plans.

Mile     7:35     5K     26:52     10K     56:23     Half     2:00:38

KreegSauceRuns

welcome, Kenny!  Good luck with the training.  Just do what you can to stay injury free!  That's the main thing.

Sorry I haven't been posting, team.  Been really busy.  Today is my daughter Gemma's first birthday so it's been a great day!

Last weekend I ran my local trail marathon.  I finished 8th overall in 3:56:58.  I was pretty stoked to beat 4 hours.  Training is going good for Massanutten 100M.  Have a 24 hour race on March 9 and I'm really excited about it.

HOpe everyone is doing well!

1/8/22 - Frosty 50k - 5:21:19 (strava)

3/26/22 - Blackbeard's Revenge 100 - 27:27:06 (strava)

9/30/22 - Yeti 100 - Abingdon, VA - 25:46:01 (strava)

4/1/23 - Umstead 100 - Raleigh, NC