Beginners and Beyond

Hey Sole Train! (Read 355 times)

Hi team! Welcome to our newest team member. I posted my measly 5 miles for the week. Ugh! We got a foot of snow on Thursday which derailed my running plans for Friday. Then to top it off I played daredevil while sledding with my grandsons. I was on a snow tube and launched myself off a jump some kids made. Caught 12 feet of air and landed on my back. Worst pain I've ever experienced. EMT's had to carry me out of there then onto the ER. So stupid!! I should be grateful for no broken bones and I can wiggle all my digits. Meanwhile I'm hobbling around with the help of some good pain meds. Hopefully by the end of the week I can go for a super slow, easy run. I keep forgetting I'm 53. Sad

Kathleen

2015 Goals:

Sub 30 5K

Sub 60 10K

I was a goose egg this past week as well.  Iced all weekend and did do a mile this morning on the treadmill, so we'll see how the foot feels tonight (which is usually when the pain starts).  Though there's definitely part of me thinking "screw it, if it hurts when I run AND when I don't run, may as well run..." LOL

irakanji

Hope everyone heals up soon.

Tonight was an easy run night.  5 miles at 11:01 pace.

Mile     7:35     5K     26:52     10K     56:23     Half     2:00:38

slowrunningjulie

I was a goose egg this past week as well.  Iced all weekend and did do a mile this morning on the treadmill, so we'll see how the foot feels tonight (which is usually when the pain starts).  Though there's definitely part of me thinking "screw it, if it hurts when I run AND when I don't run, may as well run..." LOL

That's the kind of thinking that will put a podiatrist's kids through college! Rest up and take it easy. Run when you can. It is much more fun when it doesn't hurt.

SRD today. Still coughing.

Upcoming:

July 27 - San Francisco marathon

irakanji

Tonight was good. 1.8 miles at 9:00 then 2.4 miles at 10:54.  It seemed hard to slow down on the cool down miles.  My body seemed to want to keep going fast, and get home to warmer temperatures.

slowrunningjulie

4 taper miles with a co-worker last night. Fun stuff!

Upcoming:

irakanji

Hey where did everybody go?

5.4 miles tonight at 10:54 pace.

slowrunningjulie

I am tapering! 10 mile long run yesterday for a weekly total of 19 miles. SRD today.

Upcoming:

KreegSauceRuns

Hi everyone.  I'm sorry I have been MIA.  Work has kept me busy and DD and DW were both sick last week so I've been stretched to the max.  I have not been good at my duties as captain, so I have decided to step down from that position and retire from the team.  It's been a great three years, and I wish you all the best!  If any of the veterans would like to fill in my position, please let Bob in Pittsburgh or Aplodder know.

Thanks!

--Nathan

1/8/22 - Frosty 50k - 5:21:19 (strava)

3/26/22 - Blackbeard's Revenge 100 - 27:27:06 (strava)

9/30/22 - Yeti 100 - Abingdon, VA - 25:46:01 (strava)

4/1/23 - Umstead 100 - Raleigh, NC

bluerun

Super B****

I went to Jerusalem to run my half marathon!  (1:51:39... I wanted under 1:59:39, so I'm thrilled.)

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

irakanji

Sunday I ran a 10K. It was a pretty cool race.  It was a tortoise and hare race.  You gave the race director your predicted finishing time.  Then people were sent out at different start times so everyone would finish at the same time.

My PR from my last 10K (thanksgiving 2011) was 61:44, so i told the race director i wanted to shoot for 59:59, which i thought was manageable giving that im shooting for a 27 minute 5K in two weeks, and want to break the hour mark for a 10K.

Well my plans didnt go so well.  My mile times were all over the place, given the unevenness of the terain.  Mile 1 was slightly uphill. Mile 2 was flat, and mile 3 was uphill to the turnaround point.  An out and back course.  I was dissapointed in my 5K split (30:42) but thought i could gain a bit of time back in the second 5K.

My splits were 9:32, 9:42, 10:06, 9:34, 9:42, 9:54, and 8:58 pace for the last 0.27 miles. For an overall time of 60:54.  So a PR of nearly a minute, which im happy for, but dissapointed at the same time.

slowrunningjulie

Great job guys! PRs all the way around! :-)

Upcoming:

slowrunningjulie

Great job guys! PRs all the way around! :-)

Upcoming:

irakanji

Had a good 4 mile progression run tonight.  Miles were 10:56 10:05 9:18 and 8:38.

delicate flower

Kathleen, welcome to the team!

Lizard, I hope that foot is feeling better.

bluerun, huge congrats on that half marathon!  That's got to be some sort of PR record.  Big grin

irakanji, nice job on that 10K PR.  That's always a tricky distance to nail.  You don't want to go out too fast, but you also don't want to leave too much out on the course.

Nate, sorry to see you retire!  It's been fun being your teammate!  I'll still look forward to seeing your insane runs on FB.  Smile

Team, with Nate retiring I've offered to take over the captaincy unless anyone objects or someone else really wants to be captain.  Otherwise, I'd be happy to do it despite my current DL status (I'm recovering from ACL surgery, in case you didn't know).  I'll get back to posting on RWOL as well as soon as their forum upgrade is complete.

<3