Beginners and Beyond

Hey Sole Train! (Read 355 times)

Hiya team! Just checking in from the sidelines. Everyone has to keep logging in those miles and posting so I can gain a little vicarious pleasure from your runs. My injury is really starting to sink in and I miss running. Bad news is my fractures are more severe than originally thought (2 burst and 1 compression). Good news is they are stable beaks and no surgery is needed. I signed up for a 5k a long time ago. Hopefully I can walk it in a few weeks. I'll be the one who looks like a teenage mutant ninja turtle just strolling along. I requested being placed on the IR list. Sorta bummed out here.

Kathleen

2015 Goals:

Sub 30 5K

Sub 60 10K

Hiya team! Just checking in from the sidelines. Everyone has to keep logging in those miles and posting so I can gain a little vicarious pleasure from your runs. My injury is really starting to sink in and I miss running. Bad news is my fractures are more severe than originally thought (2 burst and 1 compression). Good news is they are stable beaks and no surgery is needed. I signed up for a 5k a long time ago. Hopefully I can walk it in a few weeks. I'll be the one who looks like a teenage mutant ninja turtle just strolling along. I requested being placed on the IR list. Sorta bummed out here.

Kathleen

2015 Goals:

Sub 30 5K

Sub 60 10K

irakanji

Did have a good 5K last week.  PRed by 44 seconds.  Ran 26:59.  Very happy.

Skiing got cancelled yesterday due to to much snow.  We got 4-6 inches overnight and the interstate closed due to a large pileup.

Last weeks mileage was low.  Only 2 runs and 7.6 miles.  Life and weather happened, but just gotta roll with it.

Off to a much better start this week.  Surprizingly enough snow melted to be able to get out for a run today.  My first long run of the year.  6.9 miles at 10:56 pace.

Kristi - Nice race.  Grats on your PR.  Seems like you had fun running with your daughter.

Julie - Nice run.  Grats on the PR.  Thats an impressive time jump.

Kathleen - Wishing you a speedy recovery.

Lurch -  Good to see you again.  Hope you got home from your flight.

Baboon - Hows your recovery doing?

Mile     7:35     5K     26:52     10K     56:23     Half     2:00:38

slowrunningjulie

Hello team! I haven't been running much in the past couple of weeks, and from what I can see of our place in the game, I am not alone! I was in recovery from my marathon and then this week I had some dental work done. I am hoping to start building up my mileage with a reverse taper starting this week.

Upcoming:

July 27 - San Francisco marathon

Hi team! Heres hoping everyone is enjoying some spring runs. Send like winter is never going to leave Kansas. Been feeling a little better each day and finally started walking. I hope to start making it a routine - just my running schedule. When this brace comes off I'd like to ease back in with the C25k program again. Funny thing is I have a 5k this weekend with my daughter. I'll be the one at the back of the pack taking a leisurely stroll. Beats laying on the couch - plus I get a tierra just for crossing the finish line. Ha!

Kathleen

2015 Goals:

Sub 30 5K

Sub 60 10K

Well it wasn't exactly leisurely. I walked very briskly and felt good. I finished in a whopping 43.08! But I finished, got my tiarra, and was 12th in my my group of 67. Best part was crossing the finish line with a heart full of gratitude.

Kathleen

2015 Goals:

Sub 30 5K

Sub 60 10K

slowrunningjulie

Well it wasn't exactly leisurely. I walked very briskly and felt good. I finished in a whopping 43.08! But I finished, got my tiarra, and was 12th in my my group of 67. Best part was crossing the finish line with a heart full of gratitude.

Congratulations! It sounds like you did great!

3 miles for me after work today.

Upcoming:

runninggirl30

Hi everyone!

I see some new faces and some old ones (Hi SlowrunningJulie).   Today was my 3rd run since returning and it was only a measly 2.5m.  It felt great to run again but I a far cry from what I used to run.  I'm taking things slow and steady for now.  I'll get there soon enough I guess.

On another note, it was such a beautiful day today!  I set my TM up in front of our big window in the livingroom so I could atleast look outside while running.  Even though baby boy wasn't sleeping while I ran he was such a good boy swinging in his swing and watching his momma. I am blessed!

delicate flower

Hi everyone!

I see some new faces and some old ones (Hi SlowrunningJulie).   Today was my 3rd run since returning and it was only a measly 2.5m.  It felt great to run again but I a far cry from what I used to run.  I'm taking things slow and steady for now.  I'll get there soon enough I guess.

On another note, it was such a beautiful day today!  I set my TM up in front of our big window in the livingroom so I could atleast look outside while running.  Even though baby boy wasn't sleeping while I ran he was such a good boy swinging in his swing and watching his momma. I am blessed!

LINDSAY!  Nice to see you here!  It's great to see you're on the mend and getting back to running.  I've been injured myself for the entire year but have just started running again.  The team has changed a bit in the last couple of months.  ASU and MarkO retired from the game, and I've taken over the captaincy.  Our team numbers have taken a dip because of that, but it looks like we're on the mend and trending upwards.  Smile

<3

slowrunningjulie

Hopefully I will contribute to the team's upward trend. I have been logging zero miles for the past couple of weeks due to a persistant pain in my foot. I think that I did something to it when I ran Shamrock. Anyway, since I don't have to start training for the next race until June, I decided to rest it for a while until I was entirely pain free. I am not quite there yet but am hoping to start logging some miles again next week.

Upcoming:

runninggirl30

Hey Phil!   Yes, I see things have changed a lot since I've been away.  Sorry to see Nate and MarkO retire, they are/were great teammates!  I'm glad you will be the new captain, you'll do an awesome job.

Glad to see recovery is going well. You'll be back at 50 in no time.

Julie- hope the foot heals quickly.  What race are you doing next?

I have 3m planned for today.

delicate flower

Hopefully I will contribute to the team's upward trend. I have been logging zero miles for the past couple of weeks due to a persistant pain in my foot. I think that I did something to it when I ran Shamrock. Anyway, since I don't have to start training for the next race until June, I decided to rest it for a while until I was entirely pain free. I am not quite there yet but am hoping to start logging some miles again next week.

Good plan.

I logged 7.75 miles last week.  HOORAY!  Big grin  I'll be happy though when I am back to my 8 mile post-work neighborhood runs.

<3

slowrunningjulie

Runninggirl - I am planning to run the Towpath marathon in Ohio in October.

Phil - yep, I am trying to be smart and let my foot heal completely before I subject it to another training cycle. It's tough though - Springtime in Central Texas is an absolutely wonderful time to be outside running.

Still resting my foot. Becoming extremely antsy.

Upcoming:

slowrunningjulie

I am finally logging some miles for the team this week! 4 on Thursday and 3 today. I have 7 planned for tomorrow. We have been at the back of the pack for a while - let's take advantage of the long weekend and do some running!

Upcoming:

delicate flower

Bumpity bumb.  How's everything going, Sole Trainers!?

<3