Beginners and Beyond

Hey Sole Train! (Read 355 times)

aponi

never runs the tangents

It was slightly less hot and humid today.

Oh and on the run this morning a cicada flew up and hit my dog in the chest. He did a fantastic little "get it off me dance" and then looked grumpy at me for laughing.

“Do what I do. Hold tight and pretend it’s a plan!” Doctor Who

slowrunningjulie

Wow, this thread has been brought back from the grave! I am logging some pretty decent miles right now - I have two fall marathons planned for October 13 and November 17, so I am getting ready.

Aponi, my dad got hit in the face by a cicada while running once. He went down and hurt himself. When he came home, he looked like he had been mugged!

Hey Phil, how is the knee?

Upcoming:

July 27 - San Francisco marathon

You Rang?

I'm back from two week's rest trying to beat sciatica like pain in my right hamstring.  Last week was my first full week of post injury running.  39 miles which isn't bad.

I'm racing the Disneyland 10K and Half Marathon over Labor Day.  Should be fun.  I'll take a week of recovery running,  and then I launch into training for my first marathon in January.  I'm using Pfitz's 18/55 plan but probably without the tempo work.

I've got a new found focus on weight.  I've got to get these last #$%^ 28 lbs. of fat off my body.

Rick 

PR: 5k 25:01 (10/15) 10k: 57:44 (7/14) HM: 1:57 (5/15) FM: 4:55 (1/15)

runninggirl30

I have a 5k this Saturday.  we'll see how I do since my running hasn't been very consistent.  I do this race every year as it was the first race I ever did.  Plus it's at our local county fair so I get 2 free tickets for registering...score!  It will be fun anyway.

Happy running team  Smile

irakanji

Im back to running after a two week break.  Training for two halfs.  Oct 20th and Nov 17th.  Im trying out the beginner hansons marathon method plan, but only doing 2/3rds the distance.

Thanks for restarting the thread baboon, and for everyone posting again.   Lets get the train a rollin.

Mile     7:35     5K     26:52     10K     56:23     Half     2:00:38

runninggirl30

Did a 5k yesterday and it was the worst time ever.  I don't know why I thought I would be running as fast as I was over a year ago with out any "practice".  I knew I would be slower but I guess I was hoping to magically be around the same pace.  The good news is that with more running it should take a significant chunk of time off the next race.  I'm sore today so I'm giving myself a rest day.  the real training will commence tomorrow Smile  I don't ever want to be that slow again!

We have family up from out of town and are having a picnic get together today.  I'm just happy whenever I don't have to cook!  I did however make apple crisp for my contribution.  YUM!

Have a great day everyone!

Hi team! Remember me? I know I've been MIA but I'm finally back to running. It's been a long six month recovery from my fractured vertebra, but I'm fully recovered. After 4 months in a brace 24/7, and then PT, I was finally released to start running. I started back with the C25k program. I'm in week 7 and yesterday I ran 2.5 miles in 30 minutes. Penguin pace, but I'm pain free , pain kilter free and an inch and a half shorter. Woohoo! So how do I get off the injured reserve list so that I can start logging my whopping miles to our team total? Here's hoping everyone else is just fine and dandy! Kathleen

Kathleen

2015 Goals:

Sub 30 5K

Sub 60 10K

runninggirl30

No one has posted since Sept. 3rd??????      Wow Big grin

I have had a hard time for some reason getting back into running and have not been very consistent in the past few months, running 10m one week and 0 the next.  Anyway, I hope I'm over that mental block cause I have actually been doing good.  Today I have 3m planned and doing lots of laundry and baking. Smile   I picked a half bushel of apples last week and am makin' some pies....YUM!

slowrunningjulie

Hey, it is good to see everyone posting again!

Kathleen, it is good to see you back! I hope that you are injury-free and back up to regular miles in no time.

runninggirl, everyone slacks off now and then. You just have to get back at it.

As for me, I have been going through quite the saga. I was scheduled to run the Towpath marathon this Sunday. Well, it got rescheduled to November 3 because it is in a national park, which is closed due to the government shutdown. That is fine except that I am also registered for the Philly marathon on November 17! So now I find myself in a situation in which I am going to be running two marathons within two weeks. Yikes!

Upcoming:

Dad on the run.

Looks like I'm back on the team! WOOT WOOT! Didn't even realize it until today. I got my miles posted hope it wasn't to late.

Chasing the sub 20 5K.

delicate flower

Kathleen and jblack, welcome back to action!  Big grin  Looks like some good running going on here for teh SOLE TRAIN!

Julie, two marathons in two weeks?  Yowsa.  Good luck with allllllllthat!  Big grin

I've just finished a stretch of three HM's in five weeks, and I ran them all at pretty close to max effort.  I ran well but I am glad to have those behind me.

<3

slowrunningjulie

Julie, two marathons in two weeks?  Yowsa.  Good luck with allllllllthat!  Big grin

Yeah, that is pretty much how I feel. Gonna take it easy, probably take walk breaks through the water stops. Enjoy the experience and just try not to get injured.

Upcoming:

runninggirl30

Hi everyone!

Julie- by now you have probably completed your two marathons.  How did they go?  You are truly inspiring!

Phil- great job on the HM's!  Running all of them at max effort is awesome!!

Jblackjr- Howdy Smile

I sprained my ankle at work two weeks ago (rolled it pretty bad) so I have been off of it since then but I think this week I may try some slow running.  I was so mad cause I was just getting into a  really good rhythm and schedule with running and would have finally been over 10m for that week.  It was just me being clumsy but it was a violent fall....slammed into a wall and then on the floor.  knocked the wind right out of me.  The worst part is that I was only walking when I did it!  I am such a klutz!!  Oh well, stuff happens.

Have a great week everyone!

Dad on the run.

Could someone please put me on the injury reserve list? I'm taking the rest of this month and possible next month off depending on how my IT band feels. I will let you all know the minute I'm back to running.

Chasing the sub 20 5K.

Hey everybody! Love to hear how the team is doing and glad folks started posting again. I know I'm just kinda out here in cyberland, but it's nice to be part of this team. Been a tough couple weeks here trying not to break my routine. My husband is recovering from an unexpected triple bypass. He's doing great! Just a lot on my plate right now. My goal is to get 3 runs in a weeks, consistently. Then I'm going to focus on bumping the goal to 10 mpw. Watch out! Still amazes me how the human body can heal so well after incredible trauma - crushed vertebrae sounds minor compared to open heart surgery. So tomorrow I'm psyched the first Kansas winter run of the season. It's supposed to be 17°. Hope I don't chicken out, but my stubborn, twisted side is really looking forward to it. Catch you guys later! Keep on posting.

Kathleen

2015 Goals:

Sub 30 5K

Sub 60 10K