Beginners and Beyond

ThursDogDaysOfAugustDailies (Read 34 times)

Fredford66

Waltons ThreadLord

Summer's here and it still hot and humid.  I had 9 with 6 at marathon pace.  It wasn't too hot early this morning, but humid enough that I was drenched.  I managed to run the middle six at MP, but my warm up and cool down runs were slow, heavy, slogs.  Must remember to drink more today.

5k 23:48.45 (3/22); 4M 31:26 (2/22); 5M 38:55 (11/23); 10k 49:24 (10/22); 
    10M 1:29:33 (2/24); Half 1:48:32 (10/22); Marathon 4:29:58 (11/23)

Upcoming races: Clinton Country Run 15k, 4/27; Running is Back 10k, 5/12

PleasantRidge

Warm&fuzzy

Good morning!

I rode another 40 humid miles.  It was just in the mid 60s, so I can't bitch.  I'm still waiting on a decent rain, it has skipped my garden the last couple of showers.

Have a great day!

Runner with a riding problem.

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

Fred...Nice job on the MP miles. I wouldn't worry too much about the w/u and c/d miles as long as you got them done. Sorry about the heat. It's actually been annoying mild here for a bit.

Pleasant...Not getting rain for the garden is the worst! Do you plant much? I have a lot of tomatoes and jalapenos...that's about about the extent of it.

I did 6 last night as a progression run. My calf is improving and the run seemed to help the swelling come out of my ankles and feet, so those are wins.

Trying to find some more hay to restock the barn

LRB

I had one too many last night, I'll run after work.

delicate flower

Hola!  1500 yard swim done.  A short one, as these things go.  Like a 3 mile jog.  I've got an easy bike ride to do tonight, although thunderstorms are in the forecast so it may be a trainer ride.  Speaking of weather, I've got a triathlon Sunday...my second real tri of the year (the Tuesday off road ones are more like workouts).  Weather for Sunday looks clear, but hot and humid.  Gonna be a sufferfest!  And this is why I don't avoid the hot and humid tempo runs.

<3

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

Hola!  1500 yard swim done.  A short one, as these things go.  Like a 3 mile jog.  I've got an easy bike ride to do tonight, although thunderstorms are in the forecast so it may be a trainer ride.  Speaking of weather, I've got a triathlon Sunday...my second real tri of the year (the Tuesday off road ones are more like workouts).  Weather for Sunday looks clear, but hot and humid.  Gonna be a sufferfest!  And this is why I don't avoid the hot and humid tempo runs.

Olympic?

Trying to find some more hay to restock the barn

delicate flower

Olympic?

Sort of.  Technically advertised as "International" distance, which I think is their way of saying the race is a weird non-standard distance.

Olympic:  1640 yard swim, 24.8 mile bike, 6.2 mile run

This race:  1100 yard swim, 30.28 mile bike, 7.2 mile run

The short swim and longer bike/run works to my advantage, although as of recently my swim has surpassed my bike.

<3

Docket_Rocket

Morning.  Woke up with a migraine but I feel a bit better now.  I have Pilates tonight and that's it.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

KCRuns

Good morning!

Ran to work today.  I had a cruise interval workout scheduled with 8x 1000m at faster than 5k w/200m recoveries, plus 3x 200/200.  4 of the 1000m were right on target (every other one) and 4 were 8-10 seconds too slow, but still felt pretty darn hard.  The 3x 200s didn't have an assigned pace, so I just ran as fast as I could each time. 9.28 miles total.

GinnyinPA

Pouring rain this morning, so I'll probably do my run on the TM later. We got 3 inches last night (2 in the first hour) so our little creek is now a lake and was up over the road at one point, judging by the debris on the asphalt. There was flooding in town too.

onemile

Good morning!

Ran to work today.  I had a cruise interval workout scheduled with 8x 1000m at faster than 5k w/200m recoveries, plus 3x 200/200.  4 of the 1000m were right on target (every other one) and 4 were 8-10 seconds too slow, but still felt pretty darn hard.  The 3x 200s didn't have an assigned pace, so I just ran as fast as I could each time. 9.28 miles total.

btw cruise intervals are at threshold pace, with short recoveries, not at faster than 5k pace. A cruise interval workout is more like a tempo workout.

Fredford66

Waltons ThreadLord

Good morning!

That sounds like a brutal workout.

5k 23:48.45 (3/22); 4M 31:26 (2/22); 5M 38:55 (11/23); 10k 49:24 (10/22); 
                          10M 1:29:33 (2/24); Half 1:48:32 (10/22); Marathon 4:29:58 (11/23)

Upcoming races: Clinton Country Run 15k, 4/27; Running is Back 10k, 5/12

sdWhiskers

I ran 7 sufferfest miles last night after work. It was 86F at the start and I'm still not feeling 100% from my fever earlier this week. I ended up walking 1 min after each mile to slow things down even more. My HR was still crazy high for an "easy" run. 5 on the schedule for this evening.

My brother is in LA for the week for work (he lives in Baltimore). After he arrived on Tues, all his shifts were cancelled so he's coming down to visit me for a few days. Thanks federal government for funding his vacation! Sounds like the epitome of poor planning

Docket_Rocket

Sigh, my two new cases have hearings right now (I'm on the phone).  You can tell this will be a problematic case when the SEC, the US Attorney's Office, plus us in the form of me, and 10 people are in court for the first day hearing.   That's like half of the executive branch right there.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

LRB

Ran to work today. 

That's an understatement.