Beginners and Beyond

Fast & Flurry-ous 5k race report. No pics but a PR!!! (Read 76 times)

runmomto3boys

Great job, Jess, and great seeing you today!  It was a great day for a PR...take care of that ITB!  Smile

Congratulations on your PR as well!!!!

Great job  Lilac, that's a huge PR. Smile

LRB

Good for you!  You have been through a lot.

Misty

What a great race! Congrats on that HUGE PR!

Misty

Bless your heart.

happylily

Those were awesome splits, Lilac! Congratulations on a great PR!

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

Jess runs for bacon

A three freaking minute PR in a 5K, despite all the IT band stuff you've been battling?  How amazing are you????  The first mile, being a PB mile to boot????  Awesome!  You even had gas to sprint in at the end.  I know the course was a hair short, but clearly you know now that you have gotten tons faster.  You are SO going sub-30:00 in Spring, girly!!!  Congratulations!

Every time I sprint I think "Heidi does her LRs at this pace" at it makes it more manageable, lol!

Awood_Runner

Smaller By The Day

Congratulations!  PR's can be very weird.  I noticed it even when I was in powerlifting.  You can hit a sticking point, and feel like your spinning your wheels.  Then, BOOM!!!  You have a day like you had, and you've knocked 3 minutes off.  Awesome awesome job.  I know your hip is hurting, but it would have hurt worse without the PR.  Now, take care of it and prepare for that big sub-30 run.

Improvements

Weight 100 pounds lost

5K 31:02 Sept. 2012 / 23:36 Sept. 2013 (Same Course)

10K 48:59 April 2013

HM 2:03:56 Nov. 2012 / 1:46:50 March 2013

MARATHON 3:57:33 Nov. 2013

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

Yayyyyy! Great job!!! You ran this like a champ! My current PR is 3 seconds slower than your now former PR by the way. Now I couldn't catch you if I tried because you have turned into a speed demon! ....one day, lol. Awesome job,especially coming off an injury (ITBS sucks!!!) you go girl!

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

Congrats on the PR!

Luke79

Good job!  Sub 30 is now within your grasp.

Jess runs for bacon

Yayyyyy! Great job!!! You ran this like a champ! My current PR is 3 seconds slower than your now former PR by the way. Now I couldn't catch you if I tried because you have turned into a speed demon! ....one day, lol. Awesome job,especially coming off an injury (ITBS sucks!!!) you go girl!

Considering how this one came out of nowhere, it may be sooner for you that you think Smile

Oh and my splits don't add up because I lost about 20 seconds in the final split after I crossed the finish line. Forgot to turn my Garmin off, as usual.

Gustav1

Fear is a Liar

Awesome job Jess! You're looking good in that new PR!

On a side note: the wife and I went to Spice India yesterday by 33 and 248. They had an really good buffet - maybe you should treat yourself after setting your PR!

I'm so vegetarian I don't even eat animal crackers!

Jess runs for bacon

Awesome job Jess! You're looking good in that new PR!

On a side note: the wife and I went to Spice India yesterday by 33 and 248. They had an really good buffet - maybe you should treat yourself after setting your PR!

I really need to go to that one. Did they have a buffet for dinner? I treated myself to some sushi at Kome last night Big grin

Just B.S.

Congrats on your new PR!!

Gustav1

Fear is a Liar

Jess - we went to the lunch buffet. I think they have a dinner buffet on Monday and Wednesday But I'm not sure - may have to call ahead.

I'm so vegetarian I don't even eat animal crackers!