Beginners and Beyond

Freedom Friday (Read 29 times)

LRB

Good morning,

One more shift then we get to go home for the weekend, boosh. 👊

I ran 7 miles. Training for the Big Apple Marathon begins Monday and I'm actually looking forward to it. What? 

sdWhiskers

I was like where the East Coasters at??

RD here. I started tracking my nutrition with myfitnesspal again and of course without any running today, the numbers aren't going to add up

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  I have 7 miles tonight.

I've been at work for 4 hours, and busy. This is why I don't come to my office often, lol.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

onemile

Training for the Big Apple Marathon begins Monday and I'm actually looking forward to it. What? 

I feel like you've already been training for a good 6 months

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

I dragged myself to the gym this morning, 75 minutes later I wussed out on getting my 6 miler in and went back to bed 

So now I'll have to switch my 6 miler to tomorrow and try to get in a 3-4 miler tonight..... with Dorian in the stroller.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

3.5mi, hilly ’bowl repeats’, up and down my modest hill, across a 125 yard foot bridge, then up and down firmer hill on the other side, and repeat twice more.
              Sidewalks today, knock on wood road crown tomorrow, experimenting with back to back running days again.

RunningOnSand

RunningOnSand

hey there folks, I ran a super easy 3-mile recovery based run today, just to loosen up my legs for tomorrow's workout.

Q: when you run workouts, what's your average incline per mile? I'm looking for flat flat routes, and I can't seem to find (m)any.

I heard back from coach and re: the 50-55mpw, he said "things will be going up!", and to let him know if I start dragging. He also said he doesn't want to have my quality workouts suffer.

LRB

For reals. I've managed to carry a decent load (for me) yet maintain the desire to train. It's been good. 👍

LRB

Q: when you run workouts, what's your average incline per mile? I'm looking for flat flat routes, and I can't seem to find (m)any.

I don't think there are any true "flat" routes outside of Miami. lol

Most of my routes look flat but have elevation gain of 20, 30 and sometimes 40 feet. It's weird. Anyway, if it looks flat than it is flat for all intents and purposes.

onemile

For reals. I've managed to carry a decent load (for me) yet maintain the desire to train. It's been good. 👍

perfect!

onemile

hey there folks, I ran a super easy 3-mile recovery based run today, just to loosen up my legs for tomorrow's workout.

I heard back from coach and re: the 50-55mpw, he said "things will be going up!", and to let him know if I start dragging. He also said he doesn't want to have my quality workouts suffer.

looking at my last couple workouts (not the hill workout)

-20 ft

5 ft

26 ft

12 ft

49 ft

29 ft

And

-3 ft

27 ft

3 ft

-39 ft

-1 ft

1 ft

10 ft

(these are per lap so the little ones are the recoveries)

LRB

looking at my last couple workouts (not the hill workout)

-20 ft

5 ft

26 ft

12 ft

49 ft

29 ft

And

-3 ft

27 ft

3 ft

-39 ft

-1 ft

1 ft

10 ft

(these are per lap so the little ones are the recoveries)

You get that from the Strava?

onemile

You get that from the Strava?

yes

sdWhiskers

I usually choose hilly routes for easy runs and sometimes LRs, but not for faster stuff. For workouts, my normal flat route has ~80-100 ft (over 7-8 miles), although sometimes I'll run the warm up and cool down hillier but then the meaty part flat. Unless coach gives me hill sprints or hilly tempo. Hilly to me is >50ft/mile (according to Strava).

And glad to hear your Coach is listening to you! Make sure you stay honest with him about how you feel.