Beginners and Beyond

The best cookies are... (Read 416 times)

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

How can I tell which of these cookies are the best unless you all send me samples for taste testing? Better make that two samples of each since I may not be able to tell on first taste.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
          05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

Adam_McAllen

Beer-and-waffle Powered

How can I tell which of these cookies are the best unless you all send me samples for taste testing? Better make that two samples of each since I may not be able to tell on first taste.

Sorry George, I've sent cookies in the mail before and it doesn't work that wellSad. Walnut tarts however, can easily last a week in the mailBig grin.

In the words of my late-coach : Just hang in there, relax... and at the end of a race anyone you see.....just pass them

not lazy, just tired

I am drooling into my coffee now. 

I remember when I was a kid whenever I went to the bakery with my mother, they would give me a big rectangular hermit cookie. Pretty tasty, but my all time favorite cookies were my grandmother's chocolate chip cookies. They were fat (did not spread out flat) and had nuts in them and were oh so good. Unfortunately, my grandmother was a great cook who never followed or wrote down recipes. I have searched for chocolate chip cookies like hers my whole life (yes I'm a boring person) without luck.

Sad

Not if it makes sense.

CrisRuns

Oatmeal chocolate chip.  And don't try to fool me with those disgusting raisins.  Because I'll know.  And I'll kick you in the shins.

Oatmeal chocolate chip cookies for the win. Now that you reminded me, I should make some today.

CrisRuns

I heard Mandy's cookies were the best.

I have not confirmed because she has this rule that unless you FE, you won't get cookies....

I hear she had a visitor and made cookies recently. Wait, maybe that counted as FE. I have not seen pictures, though.

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

Sorry, Cris.  I don't think you'll get to see pictures.  He likes for people to think that he's actually furry and blue.

Running is dumb.

YAYpril - B-Plus

I have oatmeal chocolate chip batter chilling in the fridge right now.
                CrisRuns

I have oatmeal chocolate chip batter chilling in the fridge right now.

Mmmmmmmm........ where did you get the recipe from?

cookiemonster

Connoisseur of Cookies

Sorry, Cris.  I don't think you'll get to see pictures.  He likes for people to think that he's actually furry and blue.

I like to keep a low profile.  You know what I look like.  I'm good with that.Wink

***************************************************************************************

"C" is for cookie.  That's good enough for me.

Tar Heel Mom

kween

Technically these aren't cookies, they are biscotti, but they were damn good.

Nolite te bastardes carborundum.

Coastal

The best cookies?

That is easy.

Any cookies that are handy.

This thread is making me gain weight.  I'd better go for a long run....

CrisRuns

I like to keep a low profile.  You know what I look like.  I'm good with that.Wink

Sniff.

YAYpril - B-Plus

Mmmmmmmm........ where did you get the recipe from?

http://www.howsweeteats.com/2011/06/chewy-chocolate-chip-oatmeal-cookies/

Her website is my go-to for all things recipe-related. Amazing.

ETA: They were delicious.

I'm not that into cookies. I prefer baklava.
                              andee1296

I love homemade oatmeal raisin cookies - just the recipe from the Quaker Oats container. Also chocolate chip with toffee chips, so good. I never ever bake either of these anymore because it's just too much calories. Now maybe I'll go to The Buttery for one pecan sandy tomorrow, those are awesome!