Beginners and Beyond

Wednesdailies. (Read 19 times)

BerthaSlayer

MM#5991

Post em!

My 4 miles uploaded today but yesterday's are still in cyberspace.

It's still overcast out. I can't remember when we had any sunshine.

Lori

*it's Bertha or me. My money is on me.*

**"There is no growth in the comfort zone and no comfort in the growth zone".---- Sandy**

Half Crazy K 2.0

4 on the treadmill

Fredford66

Waltons ThreadLord

I haven't had any upload issues for a while.

SRD for me.  My legs & lower back are probably happier sitting in a good desk chair as opposed to the couch I spent too much time on during the holiday week.

5k 23:48.45 (3/22); 4M 31:26 (2/22); 5M 38:55 (11/23); 10k 49:24 (10/22); 
        10M 1:29:33 (2/24); Half 1:48:32 (10/22); Marathon 4:29:58 (11/23)

Upcoming races: Clinton Country Run 15k, 4/27; Spring Distance Classic 5k, 4/28

Docket_Rocket

Morning! I have 5 with a reverse ladder or 6 after work.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

sdWhiskers

3 rainy miles. Last night, I went into our garage (attached to the house) and as I flipped on the light, tripped on a pair of shoes and kicked a bicycle pump. For about an hour, I thought I had broken 1-2 toes. Luckily, this morning, while sore and slightly bruised, they seem in better shape. Running was ok and didn't seem to aggravate them. Of course, it doesn't matter how many times I tell the other occupants of my house to NOT leave shoes random places...it still happens.

sdWhiskers

SRD for me.  My legs & lower back are probably happier sitting in a good desk chair as opposed to the couch I spent too much time on during the holiday week.

A few years ago, we spent a week at my MIL's house for Christmas, where I mostly sat in one chair with my feet propped up on an ottoman thing. When I returned home, I had a pain on the side of my knee for weeks. It's amazing how hard relaxing can be on our bodies 

Fredford66

Waltons ThreadLord

A few years ago, we spent a week at my MIL's house for Christmas, where I mostly sat in one chair with my feet propped up on an ottoman thing. When I returned home, I had a pain on the side of my knee for weeks. It's amazing how hard relaxing can be on our bodies 

Yes, indeed!

For some reason it is more frustrating to get a non-running-related injury than a RR one. It is so maddening whenever I accidentally kick something or bang my knee into something, and I just hope I haven't done any damage.

Our soft comfy couch & love seat in the family room are the worst things ever for my back. I can barely sit in them for minutes at at time without feeling the effects. I have a recliner where I spend most of my time and works pretty well for me, but I'd rather sit in a hard-backed kitchen chair than the couch.

No RA upload issues for me lately, knock wood.

9 miles this morning. It's been 40 +/-, calm and clear the last few mornings, which is perfect. Looks like the rain is coming though, towards this weekend and for the foreseeable future.

Dave

Docket_Rocket

All my injuries except the calf tear were non-running related (and that was during running but we never knew what caused it). Yet they all wrecked my running. Sigh.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

BerthaSlayer

MM#5991

My husband claims the couch is causing his back issues.

Aging sucks.

Lori

*it's Bertha or me. My money is on me.*

**"There is no growth in the comfort zone and no comfort in the growth zone".---- Sandy**

Aging sucks.

Better than the alternative!

Dave

Fredford66

Waltons ThreadLord

Better than the alternative!

Staying young forever? 

Docket_Rocket

Staying young forever? 

When you put it that way, we've been choosing wrong!

Damaris

Fundraising Page

Staying young forever? 

I was not told this was an option!

Dave

Fredford66

Waltons ThreadLord

I was not told this was an option!

Oh, darn!  I forgot we were supposed to keep you in the dark.