Beginners and Beyond

October miles! (Read 45 times)

bluerun

Super B****

110.3 here... a week ago, I thought I'd never get much past 80.

Me and the AlterG... it's true love.

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

B-Plus

delicate flower

HOORAY!!!

281 miles, which is a personal best.  I started the month pretty slow thanks to a vacation then a HM taper, but came on really strong the final 21 days.  Very happy with my overall avg pace too (8:08).

<3

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

130.6 and okay with that, got so close to 200 miles last month but I had to taper.... someday I will reach 200 miles 

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

Low mileage month for me coming out of my marathon on the 5th and recovery after. I need 4.6 miles today to hit 100. I haven't had a sub 100 mile month since June of 2010.

Maybe I'll run around and scare the trick-or-treaters tonight. 

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

142-148 depending on tonight's run.  Not bad for taper, marathon, recover, taper weeks.

Damaris

Mmmmm...beer

I'll be around 310 with tonight's run, way shy of my goal of 400, but a death in the family and work will do that to ya.

-Dave

My running blog

Goals | sub-18 5k | sub-3 marathon 2:56:46!!

122 due to taper + injury; currently idled. Lowest since October 2013, when coming back from my last injury. November likely to be much worse unless something changes dramatically.

Dave

PADRunner

121for the month.

LRB

176.2 and very happy with that and the month as a whole.

LRB

November likely to be much worse unless something changes dramatically.

Hopefully the second half of November will be better than the first.  In any event when you do return you're gonna be lights out yo!

Hopefully the second half of November will be better than the first.  

Man I sure hope so. The unfortunate thing is I was hoping to just recover from the marathon & use that fitness level to kill some shorter races; looks like that will not happen.

Dave

delicate flower

Man I sure hope so. The unfortunate thing is I was hoping to just recover from the marathon & use that fitness level to kill some shorter races; looks like that will not happen.

It sucks.  Sorry, man.  You'll get back up to speed in no time though.  Keep working hard...winter will be over in no time.  OK that last part isn't true.  Winter will be cold and miserable for training, and it'll be never ending and will suck for the most part.

<3

happylily

228, including taper and recovery.

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

LRB

Two events of note to possibly target (weather permitting) is a 5 and 10k in Holly, Run like the Dickens in December and the New Years Eve run on Belle Isle a 5k.

I have run them both and they are popular and well organized.