Beginners and Beyond

WednesDAILIES: The Final Tally (Read 36 times)

LRB

$150 race registration (I think, I honestly don't remember!)

$274 flight on Jet Blue. Great deal, great flight!

$400 cash I had in my pocket Friday that I know longer have. Most of that was spent on food and alcohol, of course!

$684 hotel The Marriott in Cambridge.

So roughly $1,500 for anyone wondering what something like that costs.

LRB

I am one of those people who do not run after a marathon, so it'll be rest days for me until the weekend at a minimum. I'll reassess at that time.

'Sup?

Cyberic

I have a last day off work, and of course a SRD, so I won't be doing much today. It's nice out, so I'll run some slow errands on foot to get some blood flowing in the legs.

I plan on not running until at least next Monday. A full week rest is my gift to my body.

No more marathons

A word of caution from personal experience LRB (yeah, I know, anecdotal evidence is not evidence) - don't jump back into short speed stuff too quickly.  In 2014 after Boston I was where you are - hyped from the experience, so done with marathons, ready to get back to short stuff and speed.

I was running intervals, and set a mile and 5K PR (PhatOldMan type) within a few weeks.  By 6 weeks my hamstring and glute were so f''ed up I could only hobble a few miles a week.  Pretty much laid up for the rest of the year.  Ease back into that stuff.

The HM training plan I haven't been following says today is a day off or 30 to 45 easy.  Might do one of those, might not.

Boston 2014 - a 33 year journey

Lordy,  I hope there are tapes. 

He's a leaker!

PleasantRidge

Warm&fuzzy

Good morning!

I ran 10.2 very slow and very warm miles.  Mid 60s and no wind made it feel like summer.  I'm not complaining, yet.

I hope everyone has a great day!

Runner with a riding problem.

Cyberic

The registration is about $100 more for foreigners, but I don't remember exactly either. I spent 4 days there, but had a cheaper apartment in Somerville (probably won't do that again, although I managed fine) so that about evens out. I drove in, so that's cheaper than flying in. 4 days of restaurants, but there were two of us, so that probably evens out also.

So I guess $1500 is about right for me too.

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  I have Pilates and 7 miles.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Hmmmm....  no thank you lol, I'd rather spend that much for a week at a cabin with the family, with a trail race near the end of it.

Well I got rid of my pace bunny, because it is annoying me and keeping me from taking a few days to rest. I decided this morning that I am going to take a couple days from running, and I scheduled a massage for this weekend.

I'm pretty sure I have a slight case of Plantar Facitis, it's even begun to aggravate my knee and I am waking up with a stiff knee in the morning.

This shit sucks 

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

delicate flower

Good morning, my people!  I tempo ran this morning.  With a HM four days away, I treadmilled this one so I keep the effort and my legs in check.  60 minute run, with 8 x 5 minutes tempo/1 minute recoveries.  I averaged about a 6:40 pace on the intervals.  If I didn't have a race this week, I would have really gunned it.  8.4 miles total at 7:10 avg pace.

$150 race registration (I think, I honestly don't remember!)

$274 flight on Jet Blue. Great deal, great flight!

$400 cash I had in my pocket Friday that I know longer have. Most of that was spent on food and alcohol, of course!

$684 hotel The Marriott in Cambridge.

So roughly $1,500 for anyone wondering what something like that costs.

Running down Boylson Street with thousands of cheering fans:  Priceless?

<3

Cyberic

Running down Boylson Street with thousands of cheering fans:  Priceless?

I was not in a state of mind to appreciate the cheering. But I will say that the experience as a whole is priceless, yes 

onemile

I spent around $1500 too but I stayed in Back Bay (3 nights). I got a pretty sweet hotel deal (they didn't realize it was race weekend). Worth it for the experience though.

delicate flower

(they didn't realize it was race weekend). 

And they call themselves Bostonians?  Shameful.

<3

Running Staggering down Boylson Street with thousands of cheering fans:  Priceless.

FYP, but still.

A whopping 4 miles for me.

Dave

Cyberic

And they call themselves Bostonians?  Shameful.

Along the course, I could recognize the proud Bostonians. They were the ones offering runners cups of waddah!

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Not a great run after work yesterday, but not a bad one either. Just kind of 'average" as my adductor and piriformis on my left side are still 'pulling' a bit. Talk about a literal pain-in-the-ass, lol. Got a good piriformis stretch to whack this puppy out? tongue emoticon Still, managed to enjoy myself at a nice easy pace, getting 3.2 miles in at a slow 37:05 minutes. I have one more race to do - Fandango 2.6M this Saturday evening - and then I am thinking about just taking off from running through May completely to let things heal up properly. Gotta keep moving though so will do a lot of walking, x-training, etc., and volunteer for a few races too - maybe as a Course Marshal so I can still get in a few photo reports

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt