Beginners and Beyond

Almost a year later... My "Runniversary" Report (Read 339 times)

Pinktastic

Di - Congrats on your runniversary!!   Thanks for sharing such a lovely reflection of your journey with all of us!   I am a firm believer in the philosophy that "the only person you have to be better than is who you were yesterday".   You've had injuries and you've had days when you didn't / couldn't run, but you've also had a lot of success in your journey to a new and better you.    Keep up the great work because I'm betting that the best is still to come for you!!   Hugs!

But The Smile That I Sent Out Returned With You.

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

Haha ok. I thought maybe you were the one who also ran the Baltimore Running Festiv 5K so I thoight I'd take a guess.

I'll actually be running the Cherry Blossom 10 Miler in April.  Baltimore wasn't even on my radar.  D'oh.  Probably because it's in June!  LOL  I have a feeling June, July, and August will be months where I do NOT race.  Too stinking hot! =)   Good luck to you, though!!

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

your part was in a quote box but apparently my phone doesnt like letting me quote people

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

Don't call me Buttercup!

That was me!  I just didn't think about the Baltimore 10 miler this year.  A friend did the Cherry Blossom one a bunch of years ago   - she's in much better shape these days and wanted to run it again, so I signed up with her and we got in.  Of course, she's MUCH faster than I am now, but oh well.  =)

Slow and steady wins the....  wait a second! I've been lied to! 

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

That's awesome Smile good luck with your training!

fourouta5

Healed Hammy

Congratulations.  Nothing else can be said.  You are special.

Diana,

Thank you so much for sharing this.  It is so easy to focus on the negative but I'm so happy you decided to focus on the positive.  You have made so much progress this past year and not just in running.  You have found something that is not only helping you lose weight and stay healthy but something that is helping you grow as a person.

You are right, you are a runner now and you should be proud. You are not a runner because of how long you've been running for, how fast or far you run but because you feel like you are one.

2012 was a good year for you but 2013 will be even better.  I am looking forward to watching you grow as a runner this year and I'm happy that I get to be a part of that.  You are going to kill it at that 10 miler and at that HM.  Your success in both races will not be measured by time, that is just a number.  Your success is greater than that.  It will be measured by the amount of time, effort ,and energy you put into your training and the sense of accomplishment you will feel while you are running the race and crossing the finish line.

Steph 

“I go to nature to be soothed and healed, and to have my senses put in order.” John Burroughs

Don't call me Buttercup!

Ya'll are too much! Quit being so nice! LOL =)

I really can't express how invaluable RWOL, FB groups, and now RA have been as I've gone along.  There are some freaking amazing people in this community.  And even the assholes have helped me, in a way.  So thanks to everyone! Big grin

And even the assholes have helped me, in a way.  So thanks to everyone! Big grin

Well you're welcome! Smile

Seriously, congratulations.  Whether you've been running 1 or 10 years, every run really is just about getting off your ass and getting out, putting one foot in front of the other, and enjoying life just for today.

Robert31320

Team TJ

....  And even the assholes have helped me, in a way.  So thanks to everyone! Big grin

So, what is the best thing to use to clean chewed up almonds off my computer screen?  Joking

Running for TJ because he can't.

Congrats! You've come along way, and you're doing great, keep it up.

Don't call me Buttercup!

So, what is the best thing to use to clean chewed up almonds off my computer screen?  Joking

LOL  Sorry! =)

Chloey

Run Like a Mother

Congratulations!  Your post brought tears to my eyes.  I had almost the exact same "reality check" run today.  I started running on Jan 13, 2012 on what was pretty much a dare from a friend.  I have had some struggles this year.  But today I ran 4 miles and I enjoyed it.  Sure beats last year when I also started with 5 1 minute runs.  Congratulations on your accomplishments.  You should be proud of your "stick-to-it-ness"!  (that is what I called it when teaching...the ability and willingness to keep working at something that is hard!)

hog4life

Di, this is such an amazing journey. It is quite inspirational to here stories like this. Keep on keeping on girl, you are doing great.

buchy2009

Bjørnmannen

Congrats!  I think you're right, it is important to reflect on how far one has come from time to time in order to combat impatience/negativity/etc.  Thanks for this reminder and your great post!