Beginners and Beyond

Maybe he's coming around? Maybe not. (Read 545 times)

SheCan

I hope you get the watch you want.  I more hope you get the peace and support you deserve.

+1

Having the watch makes record keeping so much easier.  I would hate to have to bring my phone on all my runs.  Got my fingers crossed for you!

Cherie

"We do not become the people who this world needs simply by turning our backs on anyone we don’t like, trust, or deem healthy enough to be in our presence. "  ---- Shasta Nelson

aponi

never runs the tangents

I just don't understand his attitude on this. I admit that DH training for a marathon got old for me just because he had long runs scheduled when I wanted to go hiking and such but I kept my mouth shut. Actually I  took it out on my mom who wasn't real sympathetic about it. I knew it was important to him.

anyway good luck with this

“Do what I do. Hold tight and pretend it’s a plan!” Doctor Who

From the Internet.

I do not believe in the dh.  pitchers should bat, even though most can't.

I agree.

Surriously though. I hope he's coming around. You're doing something healthy and productive, it's not like you've taken up using drugs or something.

I'm fortunate that running has been the first hobby I've gotten into that my DH actually supports, he was very active up until we got engaged so it's something he can relate to (he's much less understanding of my fancy makeup and premium denim fetishes, which have been put aside in favor of running :P). 

tundrasusie

I really hope you get your watch. I am buying myself a new one for xmas. Otherwise I will get nothing.

I think my husband and yours must be related.

Not quite right

I hope you get your watch !!!

On side note I remember reading your original tread on RW and thought about posting there .I can be shy to new groups working on it and running is helping.

I have played the asshole who is not giving full support. My wife has started many adventures that never come full circle and has made me gun shy over the years. Over time I have worked on that and feel I have gotten better. On the same note I hope he starts to give you more support but it seems you two have more issues than just this. I hope you two get them worked out  as I would never refer to my wife in a way you refer to your other half. 

and I still hope you get the watch Big grin phone in your bra that has to be uncomfortable.  My wife killed her phone doing that. The sweat killed I found it very funny. She did not as it was like her 3rd phone to kill in a year and she knew I would give her a hard time. 

StartingOver42

faster than a glacier

Totally worth it. Kind of falls into the category of "Well, he's gonna bitch no matter what I do, so I might as well do what I want!"

Not that I have ever said (or thought) such a thing Wink

Trail Monster

Would your DH ever run? I only ask because my DH was a total DB about my running until he opened his big mouth one too many times. "What's the point? Anyone can run a 5k!" I challenged him to a race and won. He's been running ever since and now his racing interferes with regular life more than mine does but I keep my mouth shut because I WANT him to make time for my running too.

2013 races:

3/17 Shamrock Marathon

4/20 North Coast 24 Hour

7/27 Burning RIver 100M

8/24 Baker 50M

10/5 Oil Creek (distance to be determined)

My Blog

Brands I Heart:

FitFluential

INKnBURN

Altra Zero Drop

Luke79

Kelly, he will eventually get it.  He's still not sure if this is a flavor of the month thing or not...even if it's been a REALLY long fucking month.  Keep running, and keep a cool head.  Eventually he'll realize that this is just what you do now, and it will become an intrical part of your lives.

OORRR...you'll get divorced.

Either way.

jk

@runjerseygirl

Kelly, he will eventually get it.  He's still not sure if this is a flavor of the month thing or not...even if it's been a REALLY long fucking month.  Keep running, and keep a cool head.  Eventually he'll realize that this is just what you do now, and it will become an intrical part of your lives.

OORRR...you'll get divorced.

Either way.

jk - but not really

FYP. Wink

SRL - Of course, the DH is the most ridiculous "position" in baseball, and the American League can suck it, for all I care. Cool

Everyone else, thank you for your support.  You've helped me keep going despite many road blocks.  You are the ones who keep me coming back.  Plus, I have super mad crushes on a few hotties here, LOL!

Do you even run?

MrNamtor

Plus, I have super mad crushes on a few hotties here, LOL!

Awwwwwww. Well, it's the tee shirt. Most women just can't resist that kind of thing.

I hope you get your Garmin.  Perhaps he has an odd way of supporting your running.  Even though my DW has never attended one of my 5Ks, 10Ks, or my HM, I was touched when she and the kids bought me some cool running accessories for my birthday recently.  I was expecting nothing. So you could be surprised too.

“Only those who will risk going too far can possibly find out how far one can go.” - T.S. Eliot