Beginners and Beyond

Suzielea (Read 692 times)

stealth.rnr

She laughs at me......

RIP Suzielea.

StepbyStep-SH

She was the embodiment of living to its best the life you've been given. Her courage and positive attitude will be missed. Godspeed, Suzielea, and God bless.

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

Very sorry to hear this news. Rest in Peace.

LtH, I was wondering if it was appropriate to post on her Facebook page.

I don't know what the most appropriate way to do it is, but I agree with LTH that it would be great if we could somehow let Suzie's family know how much she meant to our little community.  When Jim2 passed away from cancer, the funeral home had an online guestbook set up and it was filled with comments from runners - many who had never met him, but had been touched by him online or who he had somehow helped with their running.  I can't recall screen names, but I remember that a few people from the RWOL Masters forum went to Jim's actual funeral and they reported back that it really meant a lot to his family to know Jim had touched so many people through running. 

God speed, Suzie.  You were sweet and kind, and this world is a lesser place for not having you here.

Jane

May she rest in peace she dealt with so much with such a great attitude she as a great role model.

Never run, if you want to never run, don't start because you'll never stop.

mucknort

So sad to hear, she was always so proud of her progress.

I'd say Rest in Peace, but I have a feeling her spirit is now being a lot more active than she was able to be in her human form.

Thoughts and Prayers.

Erik

aplodder

Susan

I am so sorry to hear this.  I didn't know Suzzielea well but was always impressed by the positive tone of her posts and her upbeat attitude.  May she rest in peace. 

Goorun

I send a message on FB to Suzanne's mom with links to this and  RWOL posts. I hope her family will see how respected, loved and inspiring Suzanne was.

Slow and steady never wins anything.

I send a message on FB to Suzanne's mom with links to this and  RWOL posts. I hope her family will see how respected, loved and inspiring Suzanne was.

Thanks for doing that, Goo.  I hope it eases some of her family's pain to know that Suzie was well liked and respected by people from literally all over the world.

My heart goes out to her friends and family. Suzanne, was such a sweet, kind, inspirational, and motivating person.  She was one of the first people who welcomed me and made me feel at home in the Penguin thread.  She was always so impressed by other people's progress I only hope that she knew how impressed people were with hers.  

Steph 

“I go to nature to be soothed and healed, and to have my senses put in order.” John Burroughs

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Very sad news.  Suzie and I talked quite a bit too, via the forums and some PMs.   She was such a sweetheart, one of the nicest people you'd ever want to know.  She certainly will be missed.

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

Adam_McAllen

Beer-and-waffle Powered

That's terrible to hear, she was always upbeat and keen on improving herself. My thoughts go out to her family.

In the words of my late-coach : Just hang in there, relax... and at the end of a race anyone you see.....just pass them

Docket_Rocket

Very sorry to hear this.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

runmomto3boys

Oh, what terribly sad news.  RIP.

onemile

Very sorry to hear this.  She was on my Lucky Legs team and always had a positive attitude and kind words for everyone.