Beginners and Beyond

Penguin Fragtastic FRIDAILY (Read 32 times)

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

The "Penguin" daily threads were originally conceived to emphasize that all members of the community have a place on the boards. Encouragement, motivation, a little love nip (you will love one, give it a try!) or even a little kick in the pants when needed -- it can happen here.

Basically, we celebrate just getting out there and moving our tails!What is "slow"? "Slow" is a perception but one of the common benchmarks is the 10:00/mi pace; but there's no firm line. In fact, there are many of us that have slipped past this, and just hope that no one notices and revokes their "igloo privileges."

It can be confusing for the forum newbies, but we're not one of the teams in any of the fine games. It's a totally open group, so stop lurking, post an introduction of yourself dive in and join the fun! No application necessary! There might even be a lovely picture for Scotty (we love pics!) Big grin

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

fragtastic (adjective) : If there is more than one thing that is fantastic.

Happy Friday Peeps !!!

Hope the Planking is going well.  I'll stick to my hip exercises today.  Probably some more 1.5 mile runwalks this morning.

Feeling better Bin?

Bin Running

Morning, Jerry. No more flu symptom but cough is still there. Taking another RD today.

2015 Races

2XU HM - 29 Mar

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  6 miles instead of the usual SRD as I took an SRD on Wednesday due to asthma.

Bin, feel better!

Hi, Jerry!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Philliefan33

Good morning Bin and Jerry.  Feel better, Bin!

SRD for me.  Heading up to the Poconos later today -- I'll probably sneak out of work not long after my boss leaves.  The weather is too nice to be cooped up in the lab!

Kristin -- good luck at Washington's Crossing tomorrow!  Say hi to Jess.  I PMed with George -- he's going to volunteer.  maybe we will all meet at a different RunBucks race some time?

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Happy Friday!  Will be going to packet pickup after work to get my stuff for Race #47 for the year, the COPS 5K and 12K, an event benefiting the families of local police officers who lost their lives in the line of duty.

Today is August 16th.  Holidays for today are National Tell A Joke Day; Men's Grooming Day; and National Airborne Day, which celebrates the first US Army paratrooper jump in 1933.  Food Holiday for today is National Rum Day - so get out there and run, you Rummies! Big grin

rum cartoons, rum cartoon, rum picture, rum pictures, rum image, rum images, rum illustration, rum illustrations

WATER...... It has been scientifically proven that if we drink 1 liter Of water each day, at the end of the year we would have absorbed more Than 1 kilo of Escherichia coli bacteria found in feces, in other words, We are consuming 1 kilo of poop!

However, we do not run that risk when drinking because alcohol has to go through a Distillation process of boiling, filtering and fermenting.

It is better to drink rum and talk sh*t than to drink water and be full Of sh*t.

You are welcome for this valuable information. Big grin

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

Rest day for me! 15K race tomorrow evening....going to FE with lilacjive and fourouta5!

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

Dad on the run.

Good morning Bin and Jerry.  Feel better, Bin!

SRD for me.  Heading up to the Poconos later today -- I'll probably sneak out of work not long after my boss leaves.  The weather is too nice to be cooped up in the lab!

Kristin -- good luck at Washington's Crossing tomorrow!  Say hi to Jess.  I PMed with George -- he's going to volunteer.  maybe we will all meet at a different RunBucks race some time?

Am I the only one that thought this was funny? Also it makes me want some ice cream Sad

Anywhooo.... 7 miles last night, first long run since coming back from the leg injury. Felt AMAZING! Weather was beyond perfect. Also I'm finally back under 200 lbs after my vacation binge and the 3 weeks that followed :/ Oops!

Weightlifting is going well. I am going to update with a 6 week progress pic.

That's about it for now, HAPPY FRIDAY!

Chasing the sub 20 5K.

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

Hi Pens...

Jerry: enjoy the wogging.

Bin: glad you're feeling a little better. Get your rest!

Docket: nice 6 and great avatar!

PF: "Sneak" out? The boss wouldn't like tat, huh? Wink

Scotty: Thanks for the info... I guess.

Kristin: good luck tomorrow and enjoy the FE.

Last night I got my 10 miles in after back to school night. I was tired but when I started running that feeling went away and I felt good. Scotty, you were right; I slept great! Rest day for me and 5 miles recovery pace tomorrow morning. Enjoy the weekend!

Docket_Rocket

Forgot to say, the 6 are tonight, so I have not run them.

jjblack, that is only because you were craving ice cream, LOL.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

Scotty, don't you get the day off for National Joke Telling Day?

Singer who runs a smidge

Morning, Penguins!!  Fragtastic, hmm.  Well, it's awesome that it's Friday, and it's good that my instrument is up and running, so I guess it is fragtastic!  Chorus last night was really good -- we worked hard, made some progress, and sounded really nice.  Woo-hoo!!  Now I'm looking forward to running some samples, going home, and chillin' all weekend!

Jerryb -- sounds like an easy day for you, woo-hoo!!

Bin -- see, all the fluids are helping!  Keep it up, mister!

Docket -- have a good 6!!

Phillie -- enjoy the awesome weather in the mountains!!

scotty -- good luck at the race!!  Are you doing the 5k or the 12k?

kristin -- good luck at the race and have fun at the FE!!

jblack -- yeah, I missed that.  Funny!  Woo-hoo for your run!!

Jack -- glad your 10 went well!!

When it's all said and done, no one remembers how far we have run.  The only thing that matters is how we have loved.

hog4life

Hey everyone.

Scotty, my wife always tells me I'm full of poop! Haha

Bin, get well.

hiya Margo!

Jimmy, nice run!

Kristin, have fun at th race and FE, get some pics.

Zel, how is Mia ?

I hope to  do 3-4 easy after work.

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

Phillie sorry you won't be there. Washington's Crossing is only 20 miles from my parents' house, which I visit regularly, so I would definitely do another race in that area for sure!

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

Mmmmm...beer

Hey everyone!

2.8 miles this morning with some strides to get ready for my race tomorrow.  It was beautiful out, only 57* this morning!  Made me wish I didn't have a race tomorrow so I could have run longer and enjoyed the weather.

Kristin, good luck tomorrow!!

Anybody else racing this weekend?

Hope everyone has a great day!

-Dave

My running blog

Goals | sub-18 5k | sub-3 marathon 2:56:46!!