Beginners and Beyond

What Day Is It, MONDAILIES? (Read 43 times)

I hope that everyone has a great day.

I'm at the airport. When I return home, I'll do some exwrcises with my free weights, push-ups, and ab work.

Tomorrow morning, I'll do an hour on the ArcTainer. After work tomorrow, I'll do my first run since the marathon.

LRB

Wassup yo!

I hope you enjoyed your trip and have a safe flight home!

Today is an off day from running but I plan to do the full Myrtle routine and some type of crunches starting in about 90 minutes or so.  Until then it is just me and a whole lot of peace and quiet going on here.

StepbyStep-SH

The calendar says it is March 24, but the "feels like" temperature of 8* and a 40% chance of snow today sounds a lot more like January to me.

Oh well, bundling up and heading out for 6-7 miles anyway.

Have a great day, folks!

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

Mmmmm...beer

Hey everyone!

I'll probably rest today, unless I feel like running later. lol  Still gonna take it easy this week.

Hope everyone has a great day!

-Dave

My running blog

Goals | sub-18 5k | sub-3 marathon 2:56:46!!

delicate flower

Good morning, people of the B&B!  Happy Monday to you all, and may your day be full of happiness and cheer!

I am happy to be sitting in my cubicle this morning, away from the great outdoors where I would only beat myself up some more.  After a strong HM Saturday and a day of skiing yesterday, it feels good to be sitting.  That said, I've got 7-10 miles planned after work.  The rail trail is finally 100% clear of snow and ice, so it'll be nice to run some flat miles for a change.  "Near record low" temps today.  Joy.

<3

14 deg/7 windchill here. WTF.

If it's Monday, it's SRD.

Dave

happylily

Good morning!

Basya, have a safe and enjoyable trip! You plan on exercising when getting home? Wow! you are so devoted.

Recovery run tonight, 6,8 or 10, not sure what I'll feel like doing.

I went to see my DD and the baby yesterday afternoon. She was very awake and playful (the baby, not my DD). It was fun. They say she has my nose. To me, she has a little piggy pink nose, so they're probably right. I stated my desire to be called Mimi. Not garndma, not mamie, nothing foolish like that. SO says he wants to be Pop-Pop. I laugh every time I hear him say that.

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  Back to work today after my surgery final follow up appointment.  Wish me luck!  Hoping to get the OK to do weights, kickboxing, life, sex, etc.  

6 miles or a bike ride.  We'll see.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

StepbyStep-SH

The calendar says it is March 24, but the "feels like" temperature of 8* and a 40% chance of snow today sounds a lot more like January to me.

Oh well, bundling up and heading out for 6-7 miles anyway.

Have a great day, folks!

Ended up with 7.8. Today is normally a SRD, but I am pretty sure I won't have time for running Friday (watching a friend's boys while she has some outpatient surgery - and she has to be there at 5:30 a.m.) or Sunday (church, teaching Sunday school, volunteering at a martial arts tournament, swim lessons for DS ...), so I am trying to make up some of those miles in advance. Run felt OK, but now my hip flexor on the left is all out of whack for some reason. Grr.

From the Internet.

5.25 miles with some baby hills in the freezing cold and dark. I didn't even want to know how cold it was so I didn't check the temperature, all I know is that my thighs were still red half an hour after I finished running even with thermal tights. I'm finally thawed out a little, so time to get off my butt and go to work! Have a good Monday, everyone!

Basya - have a safe trip home!

happylily - LOL I like your attitude about grandparent nicknames Smile My mom is just Sue - my sisters, my daughter and I all call her that, along with, y'know, everyone else, since it's her name and all. When I hear Pop Pop all I can think of is Magnitude from Community.

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

A cold morning, 27 with a feels like 20 so I pulled out the tights damn it.

Rocky and I went out at 5:20 AM for a 5 miler, it was sore and sucky for the first 1 or 2 miles and my right ankle was hurting a little but I think my legs/body was just happy not to be on hilly trails, but pounding pavement instead.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Rest day today.

Marjorie

Hip Redux

I made a really awesome breakfast this morning (well, I made it last night but ate it reheated this morning).  Sweet potatoes, shallots, pancetta and eggs - salty from the pancetta, sweet from the sweet potatoes and some savory bits from the shallots.

No running day #31

LRB

I didn't even want to know how cold it was so I didn't check the temperature...

I have to check it or my run could be entirely craptastic if I do not.

O, that sounds damn good!  I am not sure how many non-running days I ended up with but man that whole thing seems so distant now.  Hopefully someday it will for you, too.

D, I could have a field day with that post but will cut our friends here some slack!  lol

Hello to everyone else!

I got in a really nice hip, abductor, adductor, leg and core workout.  So much so that I feel like I can hit a baseball without a bat! 

StepbyStep-SH

I made a really awesome breakfast this morning (well, I made it last night but ate it reheated this morning).  Sweet potatoes, shallots, pancetta and eggs - salty from the pancetta, sweet from the sweet potatoes and some savory bits from the shallots.

No running day #31

Sounds yummy! We had scrambled eggs with sauteed mushrooms and onions, chopped cilantro, and Mexican blend cheese on top, plus chocolate chip banana muffins, and an orange for DS/grapefruit for me.