Beginners and Beyond

What Day Is It, MONDAILIES? (Read 43 times)

Docket_Rocket

I made it in to the Blerch 10K!  That will be my last tuneup race before Portland.  The website its super overladed- had to coax it along and it still took almost 20 minutes start to finish.  Wonder when it will sell out?

LRB, I was feeling that way in the beginning, but the movie kind of grew on me as it went.

I want to sign up for the marathon but it sounds like it's going to get full before I can make up my mind!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Docket_Rocket

Nevermind.  It's already sold out!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

LRB

Nevermind.  It's already sold out!

You got sold out of a marathon?  That is like an oxymoron is it not?  lol

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Rest day for me today.  Was off Friday and had a lot of catch-up work to do today!

Saturday, I did a 5K that had a GIANT hill (200-ft vertical climb).  I did walk in this 5K a bit more than I usually do in a 5K and that flippin' hill did take a toll on me.

Report and photos:   https://www.runningahead.com/groups/BF_and_Beyond/forum/Post/b2253a8598de4a6e8e03e62ddeb392a4#focus

Sunday I went to Lackland Air Force Base and did a run/walk for 50:03 minutes - which turned out to be 4.4 miles for me at my slow, easy pace.  The weather was crazy.  Overnight Saturday, the temp dropped into the low 50s, by Sunday morning when I ran it was about 49 degrees and the wind was blowing in gusts of 25 - 30 mph, dang!   I made the mistake of going up-over-and-across one of the pedestrian ramp overpasses to get from one side to the other and, oh my gosh, the wind at the top of that ramp!  Thank goodness for the safety fences, I felt like I was going to be blown right off of there!   Was so glad to get down on the other side!

Got a nice surprise Sunday night.  One of the owners of one of the local running stores e-mailed me to offer me free entry into some upcoming races his store is putting on.  So I now have free entry into 3 upcoming races, including the very popular Shiner Beer Run 5K, which always sells out quickly every year, as it starts and finishes at the Shiner Brewery in Shiner TX and there are a TON of goodies post race, includng, of course, Shiner beer.   Nice!   There is also a half-marathon event.  I like doing the 5K...we get back before the half marathon folks and have first go at the goodies.  .

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

RunTomRun

Wickedly Average

Well, top of the Morning - err, Afternoon to y'all!

Finished up my night shifts last night, and for some silly reason, I slept in until 1 this afternoon! I didn't want to, but I didn't set an alarm either. Body needs rest sometimes!

SRD for me today - ran 3.5 yesterday, feeling the usual aches and pains but nothing too serious. I'm trying to figure out if this is how "old" is supposed to feel or if I need to get some parts fixed so that I can feel young again.

Basya - have a safe trip back home.

Everyone - enjoy today's runs.

Time to call Mom - I didn't get a chance to do so this weekend.

Tom (formerly known as PhotogTom)

5K - 25:16, 10K - 55:31,  15K - 1:20:55,   HM - 1:54:54

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Safe flight and welcome home, Basya!

Peace and quiet is nice, LRB.  What's a Myrtle?  I think I've asked this before...but I'm old, I keep forgetting.  

Jeez, Step, that is some weather you have to deal with! Ever thought about moving?

Enjoy the rest day, D2, and the easy week.

Sorry about the near-record low temps, Baboon, but no ice and snow is good.  Enjoy the trails and flat terrain!

TDC, DaveP!   TDC = Too Damn Cold!   Happy rest day.

So Mimi will be your new forum name, Lily?  Mimi and Pop-Pop, nice. 

Good luck with your appointment, Damaris.

Congrats on even getting out in that weather, Lauren.

Dang shame legs like yours have to be covered with tights, FreeSoul..stupid weather!    Sorry about your hurting ankle, hope that resolves quickly!

Happy rest day, Marjorie!

Nice breakfast, Oski!  No running for 31 days? 

You are quite the handy-man, Andrew!  Can you come visit my house?  Gail won't let me have any tools.  Handy-man I am definitely not... I tried to nail up a picture once and instead ended up punching a hole in the wall.with the hammer..ooops......   

Congrats on the mileage PR, B-Plus!

Hope your 9 went well, Zelanie!  BTW, I mailed some stuff to you on Friday.   Won't tell you what it is...it's a surprise.   Hope Zoe is doing well.   Congrats on getting into Blerch. Funny name for a race, why is it called that?  You read that out loud and it sounds like a sound effect for someone throwing up.

Hope the RD helps you outoftheblue.

Sounds like your body clock is resetting itself, Tom!   Hey, you're not OLD yet, lol.  But you're right....as you get older you soon learn to differentiate between your "normal" aches and pains that seem to always be sticking around and any ones that  shouldn't be there and you probably should get checked out.  Ain't it fun getting older. People in my decade (60 - 69) are called SEXagenarians, which I find quite ironic and funny, lol...maybe I should tell my wife she needs to help me live up to that name more...

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

Docket_Rocket

You got sold out of a marathon?  That is like an oxymoron is it not?  lol

Right?

Damaris

Fundraising Page

outoftheblue

Zel -- glad you got in your 10K -- good luck with the race!

LRB -- Not sure.  If I feel pretty good tomorrow, I may do a couple of recovery miles.  But, I promised my body I would take it easy this week.

Oski -- That sounds even more yummy now.   Thanks for sharing the recipe.

Life is good.

LRB

Yeah I was just curious Blue, thinking about what I might do myself.

For whatever reason water has been boring the crap out of me lately.  The only thing that seems to satisfy me is Powerade or something sweet.

B-Plus

FYP

Hopefully I can lose the second + soon 

Zelanie

Scotty- The Blerch is a creation of the Oatmeal comic, the one about the reasons that he runs long distances. The Blerch is basically a little cherub who follows you around and encourages you to eat more and run less. I am all too familiar with this guy! I don't think I can put a link up from my phone though. Looking forward to getting the mail this week! Smile

Glad you got some comp races. It can't be cheap running as many as you do.

Docket_Rocket

6 miles, pushups and situps.  The core feels weird, tight, and not in a good way.  The doctor says it will pass but I didn't feel like I was tightening the core at all even though I was trying.

ETA, but the miles went great.

Damaris

Fundraising Page

I'm finally home, even though it barely feels like it. (Every time I go to Israel, I become more attached.) I've unpacked and prepared my backpack for the gym an for work tomorrow.

I did ab work and push-ups. I'm off to bed. I have an easy hour on the TM to do in the morning.