Beginners and Beyond

...and now it’s Thursday (Read 40 times)

bluerun

Super B****

I may not have run since I’ve been here, but walking around has left my glutes quite sore.  This is gonna be so fun.

It is also currently sunny, super windy, and 80 degrees.  Supposed to be around 50 at the start and I can’t decide whether that calls for shorts or tights.

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

PleasantRidge

Warm&fuzzy

Good morning!

Put me down for a 5.7 mile wintertime jog.  It was 30, with a stiff north wind and snow/ice flying in all directions.  The ground is covered, but that is supposed to be about it.  Thank god it isn't a real snow.

Have a great day!

Runner with a riding problem.

Bert-o

I lost my rama

bluerun - Good luck tomorrow!!!!  I think you'll be fine taking it easy the past few days and it's probably best for your knee anyway.  Now go rock that race.

3/17 - NYC Half

4/28 - Big Sur Marathon  DNS

6/29 - Forbidden Forest 30 Hour

8/29 - A Race for the Ages - will be given 47 hours

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  I have 12 with 5 @ HMP and Pilates.

Bluerun, of course, even 30s are for shorts, but I know how you dressed so I predict you will wear tights.   Good luck tomorrow!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

RunningOnSand

Hey there!

Blue, that's so exciting! I hope you take pics and post them for us to see? I went to Isreal a looooooooong time ago (30 years ago!) and also remember the weather as you described it when I was there in the spring: windy, strong sun, warm.

Last night was crap for sleep. Initially I couldn't sleep, then my youngest woke me at 5am b/c he was thirsty???? Then climbed into bed with me saying he felt like he was going to puke. And then, luckily, he made it to the bathroom before that happened.  We are supposed to leave for FL tomorrow. I'm REALLY hoping no one else gets it and it was a 1 and done type of thing. B/c how can a family travel with pukers????! Ugh. 

I'm also supposed to run 45 min today...I'm hoping I can sneak away to make that happen.

delicate flower

'Morning!  We got a foot of snow last night.  No workout scheduled this morning so it was nice to sleep an extra hour, but then I had to shovel out and that sure as hell felt like a workout.  Wet, heavy snow too.  It's already starting to melt since it's 40 degrees out.  Alrighty then.  Bike workout tonight.  Need to find another movie to watch on the bike trainer.  I've got HBO, Netflix, and Amazon Prime at my disposal...

<3

bluerun

Super B****

I’m not sure taking it easy has helped any... it just means I’ll be able to START.  It will likely still hurt like a bitch at the finish.

And apparently there are expected winds of 15-35 MPH.  And humidity.  Perfection!  (Now it’s 70 degrees with “blowing widespread dust.”  What?)

Docket — I’m fine running in shorts in 50 degrees, I’ll just hate waiting for the start!!  Doubly so since I think I’m not bothering with the sun sleeves this time since I always end up pushing them up.  Which means I’ll wish I had them, naturally.

ROS — I take pictures of everything.  Literally every stupid thing.   (And my sister’s kids can’t get into any sort of vehicle without puking, so hey, it can be done!)

chasing the impossible

6 miles.

Dave

LRB

bluerun - Good luck tomorrow!!!!  I think you'll be fine taking it easy the past few days and it's probably best for your knee anyway.  Now go rock that race.

+1

I took 3 days off before my first marathon. 

Cyberic

5 x (2km R:1min). Supposed to be a Threshold workout, but because of wind, snow, slippery spots and machinery for snow removal, I decided to run by feeling.

delicate flower

Sitting in my cubicle, on the phone, phone in my hand and ear.  Coworker walks in, looks at me, and asks "Are you on the phone?"  I nod slowly.

<3

zzyzx

lat, long pull, leg sled...

Well it was going to be the stair challenge but first i had a bathroom emergency, then I pocket dialed my mom and that was enough to say, "3/4 stairs will have to do today." Some weeks are like that. I "only" did 113 flights this morning.

bluerun

Super B****

+1

I took 3 days off before my first marathon. 

I basically took off a month

chasing the impossible

Docket_Rocket

Sitting in my cubicle, on the phone, phone in my hand and ear.  Coworker walks in, looks at me, and asks "Are you on the phone?"  I nod slowly.

Next time, respond like my dad does:  No, I am playing basketball..

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Docket_Rocket

12 with 5 @ HMP done.

Damaris

Fundraising Page