Beginners and Beyond

So Cold Sundailies (Read 30 times)

Half Crazy K 2.0

Ok, not really. It's 45 here, but since earlier this week, we had the air conditioning on because it was humid AF, it's going to be a shock going outside. We turned the heat on overnight and it needed to come on a few times. Made for great sleep. Lining up at this 5k should be easy--get in front of anyone in Arctic expedition wear and behind those in a singlet & shorts.

PleasantRidge

Warm&fuzzy

Good morning!

Good luck HCK!

I ran 3 miles in low 50s rain.  My last run from a week ago was at 70F, so this was a lot different.  Winter is coming.

Have a great day!

Runner with a riding problem.

delicate flower

'Morning.  I am feeling pretty damn sore this morning after yesterday's race.  Today's plans include a mountain bike ride and NFL RedZone.

Lining up at this 5k should be easy--get in front of anyone in Arctic expedition wear and behind those in a singlet & shorts.

Heh.  Good luck!

<3

Half Crazy K 2.0

By time, 7 seconds off my PR .Unfortunately this was one of those 2.98 mile "5k"s. It fucking sucks that one company pretty much has a monopoly on race timing around here.

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

By time, 7 seconds off my PR .Unfortunately this was one of those 2.98 mile "5k"s. It fucking sucks that one company pretty much has a monopoly on race timing around here.

As I've found out to my chagrin, the race timing company isn't always the one laying out and measuring the course, so unless it's actually certified, I can't count on the course length being accurate.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                  05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

Half Crazy K 2.0

As I've found out to my chagrin, the race timing company isn't always the one laying out and measuring the course, so unless it's actually certified, I can't count on the course length being accurate.

I've done 2 short certified courses.

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

I've done 2 short certified courses.

Unless you were misdirected either by a course monitor or misplaced cones or other markings, the courses were accurate, your GPS was wrong. Believe it or not GPS readings can be short as well as long.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                      05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  I have 8 miles tonight.

Most of our courses are certified and I've been fortunate never to run a short certified course.  That sucks.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Unless you were misdirected either by a course monitor or misplaced cones or other markings, the courses were accurate, your GPS was wrong. Believe it or not GPS readings can be short as well as long.

As I've found out to my chagrin, the people who certify the course do not set down the cones, and this does happen.

Dave

Half Crazy K 2.0

Race 1 was charged on the fly by the police. They did not want us running on a main road in heavy fog. Race 2 was likely misplaced markings, but have never been able to figure out for sure. It measured 2.96. It was in a city park with lots of turns, GPS did have some weird stuff of cutting corners to the point of looking like I ran through a pond and across a football field during a game. I also had to briefly stop at a road crossing. If it was accurate, it was a 20 second PR, just didn't appear to be.

Just remembered a 3rd instance. Pretty much no course markings or course marshalls.

Runshortii

Last rest day for me. I have 5 tomorrow. Which is good because my routine feels really off.

onemile - are you still thinking about doing Wisconsin? I might do the full now...haven’t decided

Docket_Rocket

Last rest day for me. I have 5 tomorrow. Which is good because my routine feels really off.

onemile - are you still thinking about doing Wisconsin? I might do the full now...haven’t decided

She is trying to convince me as well to do the full....

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Half Crazy K 2.0

On another note, there was a sex toy vendor at the 5k.

Cyberic

Ran 3.5 very easy miles. They were a mixture of joy and stress. I'll see how my mouth reacts the rest of today.

About 20 miles for the week.

LRB

Ran 3.5 very easy miles. They were a mixture of joy and stress. I'll see how my mouth reacts the rest of today.

About 20 miles for the week.

Positive thoughts if you can. Can't hurt.