Beginners and Beyond

Monday 4.5.21 - Let's Get To It! (Read 24 times)

LRB

Gotta get make that bill money...unless you're DavePBonusCheck, then you can slack off a bit.

delicate flower

I just registered for a race, and oh how I've missed the simple joy of an 8.5% Active.com processing fee.

<3

Cyberic

Or a slacker Canadian who has a paid day off 

Ran 13 on the mountain.

The woman has the Spring fever and wants to walk all the time,.and I've accompanied her the past 3 days for 3.5, 3.5 and a 5 mile walk yesterday. My legs were toast this morning on my run back down.

LRB

I did 5 sets of pushups.

It was the first time since I began this ridiculous endeavor (resistance training) last September that I wasn't able to best the previous workout. I should've gone for a run instead. 

I just registered for a race, and oh how I've missed the simple joy of an 8.5% Active.com processing fee.

LOL some things were not impacted by the pandemic. I was just happy that someone in my running group had a discount code for the marathon I signed up for. I plugged it in, and it was 20%!

So now tell us what the race is, Mr. Vaguebook.

8 very slow miles, recovering from the weekend.

Dave

Docket_Rocket

Morning! It's going to be hot until wednesday so I went out and ran 3 this morning. I have weights tonight.

Third run in a row. Made the mistake of taking the tape off my knee last night and it woke up achy. Put it back on before my run and it didn't bother me during so lesson learned.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

KCRuns

It was drizzling this morning, and I've become a wimp since buying a treadmill, so I did 3.1 on the TM.

Docket_Rocket

It was drizzling this morning, and I've become a wimp since buying a treadmill, so I did 3.1 on the TM.

I feel that way sometimes, but miles are miles and there is no need to feel horrible while running when there is a good alternative.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

delicate flower

So now tell us what the race is, Mr. Vaguebook. 

It's a HM on May 22, which I've mentioned a couple of times recently.  I do have my eyes on a couple of 5K's before that.

<3

onemile

It's a HM on May 22, which I've mentioned a couple of times recently.  I do have my eyes on a couple of 5K's before that.

JFC, pay attention, DaveP

JFC, pay attention, DaveP

Sorry, I should just be keeping up with the race thread.

Dave

3flat, Burke lake tomorrow

sdWhiskers

7 miles in sweet fog.

onemile

Sorry, I should just be keeping up with the race thread.

don't let it happen again 

onemile

I spent the weekend installing a new kitchen tile backsplash.. and the runs I have done since the big 6x2k Weds have all been pure misery (actually all the runs in the past 10 days) so I ended up barely running this weekend.  And I am having some "runner's knee" pain under the kneecap to add to the fun the past few weeks. Hopefully a couple down days helps... I dunno