Beginners and Beyond

FRIDAILIES: Because We Said So, That's Why! (Read 87 times)

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

Oh yeah...and yoga on tap after work

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

Good luck on the race, kristin!

Thank you! So scared of the hills!

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

morning  I got up super early and did 10.2.  Had to be at the airport by 7 so up earlier than normal to get my miles done  Boarding in a few.  Didn't get work done as my computer will not VPN for some reason  I'm connected online but it is refusing the vpn so work will have to wait

Marjorie

@runjerseygirl

Congrats, Basaya!

I did weights this morning.  3-5 miles on lunch today.  Depends on how rebellious I'm feeling, as any more than 3 will take me well over my lunch time.

Gym time in the morning means 4:30 alarm.  I'm going to need lots of coffee today.

Oh, and I promise I won't cause any meltdowns today.

Peace offering?  Smooches.

Do you even run?

BruceD555

Mornin’ all.

BasyaSpiliakos- Loved the “normal start to your morning intro” with the scheduled LR Wink I hope you had a fabulous day and can’t wait to read your full RR.

Just B.S.- Welcome back! … Ahem, I believe you owe us a race report?

Sparker1606- Enjoy your SRD today and I hope you got a good night sleep … sounds like you’re going to need it with the Boy Scouts.

DCDan78- Sorry you’ve got a sick little one. I remember those days and it’s so tough when the little guys are sick and can’t breathe well. Hope you get in a good 3 miles today.

Dan_The_CPA- Enjoy that SRD today.

AmiK- Nice job on the early start and awesome job on hitting your marks on the tempo run today.

Flarunner- Enjoy the rest of your day and I hope you have a great 10k tomorrow. If you do run into Lara, say Auhugh! to her from me (2013in2013 team).

DaveP MI- Hope you can shake that pesky cold today and your 8 after work go well. Remember, it’s OK to take it off (or cut it short) if you don’t feel up to the whole run. Listen to the body and make wise choices.

AprilRunner- Enjoy those 4 miles later on today … whenever or wherever runch is. Wink

jedigunnie26.2- Enjoy the rest of your SRD today and nice job on working in the 20 minute spin.

Happylily- Have fun on those little 6 miles tonight (BTW I love strides … makes you feel so fluid and fast)

kristin10185- Sounds like you’re getting some good input on your ITBS and I hope you can get that all sorted out soon. Have a great race this weekend.

Well, today is my official one year runiversary.  Last March 1st I ran just over 3 miles and after talking about it with friends from church (marathoners) they convinced me to sign-up and train for a half marathon 12 weeks away (Green Bay). That started a crazy odyssey into running that ended up with me doing 2 FM last fall and now I’m signed up for 4 FM in 2013. What a crazy, amazing and fun learning experience this has been. Today I have 11 miles on tap to celebrate.

Train smart ... race smarter.

Mmmmm...beer

Good morning everyone!

Congrats Basya!!

The bed was just too warm and cozy this morning, so I'll run later. Smile

-Dave

My running blog

Goals | sub-18 5k | sub-3 marathon 2:56:46!!

Docket_Rocket

Happy Runniversary!

Mornin’ all.

BasyaSpiliakos- Loved the “normal start to your morning intro” with the scheduled LR Wink I hope you had a fabulous day and can’t wait to read your full RR.

Just B.S.- Welcome back! … Ahem, I believe you owe us a race report?

Sparker1606- Enjoy your SRD today and I hope you got a good night sleep … sounds like you’re going to need it with the Boy Scouts.

DCDan78- Sorry you’ve got a sick little one. I remember those days and it’s so tough when the little guys are sick and can’t breathe well. Hope you get in a good 3 miles today.

Dan_The_CPA- Enjoy that SRD today.

AmiK- Nice job on the early start and awesome job on hitting your marks on the tempo run today.

Flarunner- Enjoy the rest of your day and I hope you have a great 10k tomorrow. If you do run into Lara, say Auhugh! to her from me (2013in2013 team).

DaveP MI- Hope you can shake that pesky cold today and your 8 after work go well. Remember, it’s OK to take it off (or cut it short) if you don’t feel up to the whole run. Listen to the body and make wise choices.

AprilRunner- Enjoy those 4 miles later on today … whenever or wherever runch is. Wink

jedigunnie26.2- Enjoy the rest of your SRD today and nice job on working in the 20 minute spin.

Happylily- Have fun on those little 6 miles tonight (BTW I love strides … makes you feel so fluid and fast)

kristin10185- Sounds like you’re getting some good input on your ITBS and I hope you can get that all sorted out soon. Have a great race this weekend.

Well, today is my official one year runiversary.  Last March 1st I ran just over 3 miles and after talking about it with friends from church (marathoners) they convinced me to sign-up and train for a half marathon 12 weeks away (Green Bay). That started a crazy odyssey into running that ended up with me doing 2 FM last fall and now I’m signed up for 4 FM in 2013. What a crazy, amazing and fun learning experience this has been. Today I have 11 miles on tap to celebrate.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

Happy runnerversary Bruce!

AmiK, I'm happy that your tempo run went well. I wondered about you while I was running.

flarunner, great job with the easy five miles.

DaveP MI, feel well soon! Take care of yourself first.

AprilRunner, enjoy your lunchtime four-miler.

Damaris, I feel fine. I was hobbling of a bit after I finished, but felt progressively better during the walk back to the apartment. I used the MuscleTrac on my legs, glutes, and lower back, then stretched. I have just some minor soreness, the kind that comes after a new or more intense workout. Nothing hurts, which surprises me.

jedigunnie26.2, amazing fitting in some exercise before work. I can't say that this is a PR because it was my first marathon and was hilly, including the little bastard named Kovshei Katamon.

Lily, have fun with the kids. Have a great run. Good luck with the time trial tomorrow!

kristin10185, I hope that your IT band starts behaving soon. Enjoy yoga tonight. Good luck Sunday!

MarjorieAnn37, brava fitting 10.2 into your day before having to be at the airport so early.

Kay, excellent work doing weights in the morning. Enjoy your lunchtime run.

BruceD555, Happy Runniversary! Have a fun eleven-miler.

StepbyStep-SH

Congratulations, Basya! And if it is your first, then it is an automatic PR. The fact that it was so hilly (mountainous?) just means you are going to smash this time when you run on a more forgiving course. Can't wait for the full report! Rest and recover well.

Yesterday was an URD because I was too tired from DS being up all night to go run during the day (and needed to get some other things accomplished), and today will be the same because when the alarm went off at 4, I decided I needed another 2 hours of sleep (8 hours total! Yay!) more than I needed my run. Tomorrow I should get back on track.

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Went to my ultrasound appointment yesterday afternoon and now waiting for the doc to give me the results in a couple of days.  After my appointment, went to the Y, started my run/walk from there.  Beee-yoooo-teee-ful run/walk!   Sunny skies, 63 degrees with a 'feels like" temp of 60. Went from the Y to Brackenridge Park (by the San Antonio Zoo), enjoyed going along the road by the river; then a couple of trails in the park;  then along the fence-line of the Zoo, passing the Aviary with the birds cheering me on, and stopped for a moment or two to enjoy the lovely flamingo pool; then up the BIG hill in front of the Zoo entrance - this steep hill goes up for quite a ways - until I got to the scenic overlook of the Japanese gardens below and stopped for a moment or two to enjoy that view, very nice!  Then back to the Y.  3.3 miles done and once I was back at the Y, I did my full-body weight training circuit.  Today is a rest day!  Big grin  Tomorrow, Race #15 of the year for me, the Diploma Dash 5K at the university where I work, U. of Texas San Antonio.  Supposed to be around 45 degrees at start time, a bit chilly for we South Texans.  Right now it is 34 degrees in San Antonio, brrr!

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

delicate flower

FRIDAY!   ROFL!!!  omg wake up already it's friday

Baysa, congrats on the marathon!

Yesterday in my PT session, I got the ok to resume gym activities.  I can do upper body and pedal the recumbent bike.  STOKED.  I have not exercised in 24 days now so I'm thrilled that I can start up again.  In equally good news, I can leave the leg brace off when I am at home and leave it off when I go to bed.  Sleep was sooooo nice last night.  Smile  I still have another week or two though before I lose the brace altogether.  And speaking of PT, the strengthening of the leg continues.  I'm increasing the weight on the leg presses and just started with hamstring work.  My leg was fried last night.  It felt like a dead appendage.  Progress...good stuff.

Enjoy your Friday!

<3

Mmmmm...beer

Happy Runniversary Bruce!!!

-Dave

My running blog

Goals | sub-18 5k | sub-3 marathon 2:56:46!!

Gunnie26.2

#dowork

Baysa - you have a PR now! Sorry did not realize it was your first. Great job!

Bruce - Happy Runniversary! You don't act like you have only been running one year especially with a 280m February! Great job!

PR's - 5K - 20:15 (2013) | 10K - 45:14 (2011)  | 13.1 - 1:34:40 (2013)  | 26.2 - 3:40:40 (2014)

Up Next:

???

Ball of Fury

Basya:  I am honored you thought of me!  Congrats again...especially considering it was hilly enough that one of them has a name...yikes!

Phil:  Great news!

PRs:  5K 22:59, 10K 46:54,HM: 1:51:15