Beginners and Beyond

FRIDAILIES: Because We Said So, That's Why! (Read 87 times)

LRB

Supp!

I got my girly man on for 50 reps each of Myrtles with the black band.  60 single leg squats and 50 lying leg adductors finished today's workout.

If there was any questions regarding the effectiveness of my workout, they were removed when I walked up the stairs at work this morning, my goodness!

It was 11 weeks ago when my PT first handed me those five bands (yellow, red, green, blue, and black) and had me do the myrtle exercises with the yellow one.  I think I did 12 reps on one side and 9 on the other before I collapsed on the mat with my hips and ass on fire!  I said to myself though, that black band is gonna be my beeyotch some day.  Welp, today was the day.  Me a happy girl boy!

Docket_Rocket

Basya, from bluerun's posts, I knew this was a tough course.  That time is awesome for something so tough.  You're going to smash your next one.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Docket_Rocket

I have those bands.  Care to share the workout?

Supp!

I got my girly man on for 50 reps each of Myrtles with the black band.  60 single leg squats and 50 lying leg adductors finished today's workout.

If there was any questions regarding the effectiveness of my workout, they were removed when I walked up the stairs at work this morning, my goodness!

It was 11 weeks ago when my PT first handed me those five bands (yellow, red, green, blue, and black) and had me do the myrtle exercises with the yellow one.  I think I did 12 reps on one side and 9 on the other before I collapsed on the mat with my hips and ass on fire!  I said to myself though, that black band is gonna be my beeyotch some day.  Welp, today was the day.  Me a happy girl boy!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

Nice job LRB!

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Not long now for you, Basya!  Good luck!  Hmmm, is it warm enough over there so we'll see your Great Legs in the race photos?  Joking

Enjoy the rest day, Dan.  Your church has a poker night?

Congrats on your run, AmiK!  Way to 'nurse' the miles along!

Good luck with the 10K, flarunner.  If you are gonna meet crazyrunninglady, you better take a camera and BETTER get some photos...she has REALLY Great Legs! Big grin  Gee, what kind of CLOTHS are you gonna wear?  Wink

Sorry about the crappola feeling, DaveP, hope you feel better and can get your miles in.  Please don't push it, though, if you're not feeling well, don't want to make it worse.  Take care of yourself.

4 runch miles for me today    So you will run at runch, April?  Ruh-roh, way to get in those Scooby-Doo miles! Joking  Good luck with your miles and congrats on the 40-mile week!

Happy rest day, Jedi.  Good luck with the HM training!  Which ones will you be doing?  I really liked the HM distance and races, I miss doing them.  Stupid arthritis.  Okay, enough of that pity-party stuff!  It is what it is, just got to live with it and stay positive.  Big grin

Good luck with the time trial tomorrow, Lily!  What is the time-trial for?

Congrats on your workout, LRB!

Dave and Step, as much as you two run, I think you both probably deserve a day once in a while of sleeping in!

Congrats on the 10, Marjorie!  Safe travel to whatever your destination is!

Way to go on the weights, Kay.  Wow, that is early!  Good luck with your lunch time run!

Happy runiversary Bruce!

Good news, Phil.  Happy return to gym activities!  Wishing you all the best on your rehab!

Robert, Robert....if it ain't broke, don't fix it!  Joking  Stick with the Newtons if they work for you so well.  Congrats on your miles this a.m.!

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

delicate flower

Well, today is my official one year runiversary.  Last March 1st I ran just over 3 miles and after talking about it with friends from church (marathoners) they convinced me to sign-up and train for a half marathon 12 weeks away (Green Bay). That started a crazy odyssey into running that ended up with me doing 2 FM last fall and now I’m signed up for 4 FM in 2013. What a crazy, amazing and fun learning experience this has been. Today I have 11 miles on tap to celebrate.

Wow, I didn't realize you've only been at it for a year.  This is a very impressive first year!  Congratulations, Bruce! 

<3

Robert31320

Team TJ

Congrats on your great marathon finish, Basya!

Happy runniversary, Bruce!

I got in a 4.2 mile run this morning.  I've been running in Newtons since Christmas and this morning I ran in the shoes I parked to change to Newtons.  At about 2 miles in I started feeling the old sore shin that I remembered from the previously parked shoes.....they are now parked again.

Running for TJ because he can't.

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Posted by Tom in Thursday's thread:

Quote from scottydawg on 2/28/2013 at 12:05 PM:

No, I did not take anything you said as negative, it's all good, I knew what you meant.

It was 1974 and I was in the Philippines,  all of 20 years old, lol, having served a total of 2 years military service thus far. My knee surgery was in Nov 74, I was in a cast until January 1975, - and in the hospital until then too -  that went from the top of my left leg, near my hip, all the way down to my foot. Then I started rehab, and got returned to full duty in March 1975 just in time to help participate in evacuating all the refugees from Saigon.  Welcome back!  As said, very grateful to that surgeon, he pretty much saved my career.  I ended up staying in the military until 1996, retiring after 24 years service.

Scotty, thanks for telling that part of your life. I will always remember the famous "picture" of the helicoptor over the US embassy in Siagon removing the last of the US people (and perhaps a few refugees) from that city. Sad day for freedom.  Here it is....

Tom (formerly known as PhotogTom)

5K - 25:53,  15K - 1:31:49,   HM - 1:59:11

Wow, Tom...that brings back some memories!  I left from that same roof!  But several days before those last folks went.  Me and the crew chief  of the plane I was on were off the plane and got stuck at  Tan Son Nhat (the airport) when the plane had to take off as the runway started getting rocketed, they had to leave in a hurry, couldn't wait for us.  We had to go to the Embassy, where a helicopter took us out to one of the ships, which took us eventually to Subic Bay, and then we got a bus back to our home base, Clark Air Base in the Philippines.  Kinda funny, when we got back 'home' we had been reported as "missing'   - apparently our personnel guys did not get notified that we were okay...gotta love the military at times..SNAFU! (Situation Normal..All F'd Up! Wink) - and our records had been pulled to notify our next-of-kin.  When we reported back in, the personnel guy said "You're okay?  Now you tell me, after all this work I've done on you two." Gee, sorry to disappoint you that we're still breathing.   Joking

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

Hip Redux

When I saw all those responses to the dailies at 5:00 am this morning, my first response was now what?!

It wasn't me, I swear!

I am only up to the blue resistance band.  I'm not sure I could move my legs in the black one. LOL

Zelanie

I got my 8ish last night- 3 warmup and 5ish with the running club.  Slower than what I prefer, but I have a hard run tonight so that will hopefully help.  Tonight is 5 x 3:30 @V02Max on hills, probably on a TM because I think it will be dark.  I know from last time that my pace really suffers when I do any incline at all, so my plan is to run the first one at just faster than tempo and 3%, then speed up the later ones if I can.

Basya- Congratulations!  Do you have some time to vacation there now that your race is over?

Bruce- Woah!  You've been running for one year, and this year's goal is to BQ?  You rock!

Phil- Glad you've gotten the OK to start some exercise!

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Wow, this got busy early.

Congrats Basya on a great race, read your report and I enjoyed your description of the city, I wish I could travel around.

Slept better last night, little guy slept until almost 7 am and didn't wake up at all through the night. My lower half is sore, I am beginning to think maybe these GTS 12's aren't for me, haven't decided on the GTS 13's though. I do love my Ghost 5's.

Today is going to be rest day due to the soreness, with some stretching and foam rolling tonight. I've got a 10k  trail race tomorrow morning, muddy and some flurries so this will be fun Big grin depending on how I feel afterwards, I might do a 4 miler to get my 10 miles in or I'll just back off this weekend and do 8 miles total.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

LRB

I am only up to the blue resistance band.  I'm not sure I could move my legs in the black one. LOL

Yep, it feels like your legs are tied together tight with a rope.

Docket, it's the same workout I have posted many times before (link). I do some other stuff as well but this is where it all started.

Docket_Rocket

I have to remember to come back here later.  I have seen it before but forgotten to access it at home.  YouTube and here not a good match.  Will check later.

Yep, it feels like your legs are tied together tight with a rope.

Docket, it's the same workout I have posted many times before (link). I do some other stuff as well but this is where it all started.

Damaris

Fundraising Page

Ric-G

basya - congrats! and looking forward to your RR

bruce - happy runiverary, funny what a difference a year makes

scottty - that was some SNAFU

i plan to do the runch thing as well for 5 miles. have a good weekend all.

marathon pr - 3:16

Nevrgivup

Just popped in to wish Basya a congratulations on your marathon!  I'll be taking a forum vacation. For those that are on FB send me a friend request or PM me here.

Running is my mental-Ctrl-Alt-Del.