Beginners and Beyond

FRIDAILIES: Because We Said So, That's Why! (Read 87 times)

I finished my runniversary 11 miles and might of accidentally turned a normal MLR into a little pseudo-progressive run. This was one of those effortless runs that the legs just wanted to go. I ended up with an average pace of 7:45 running outside in a feels like temp of 18 (with 10 mph winds) ... glorious night for a run!

Train smart ... race smarter.

RunTomRun

Wickedly Average

Evening, Dailies!  It's late already, and I didn't sleep enough last night so I won't bore y'all with a long-winded post!

Basya, congrats on the full marathon. I hope you enjoyed it. I did glance at your RR, but I didn't give it a good thorough read yet.

It's hard to keep up with everybody at times.

SRD for me today. Tomorrow will probably be a TM evening, just to get a few miles in for the week.

Tom (formerly known as PhotogTom)

5K - 25:16, 10K - 55:31,  15K - 1:20:55,   HM - 1:54:54

Hi dailies:

Thursday - just 3.8 regeneration miles after getting to attend a video conference with Meb.  It was very interesting;  I'd previously read about how his family left Eritrea as refugees, but to hear him talk of those experiences firsthand, live, was pretty moving.  I also got the sense that running as an elite requires complete devotion -- like he wanted to relate to people's questions but was kind of on another plane.  Talking about running a sub-5 mile during a marathon because he wanted to catch a particular competitor.

Tonight - 8.5 steady-state miles, 6:47 pace.   I felt fast and dropped well under 5K pace for the last 800m or so.  Not a common training indulgence, but maybe it was a daydream of being an elite, if only for a couple minutes.

Bad Ass

That is fast.  Nice job.  I feel like an elite for 100m Big grin

Hi dailies:

Thursday - just 3.8 regeneration miles after getting to attend a video conference with Meb.  It was very interesting;  I'd previously read about how his family left Eritrea as refugees, but to hear him talk of those experiences firsthand, live, was pretty moving.  I also got the sense that running as an elite requires complete devotion -- like he wanted to relate to people's questions but was kind of on another plane.  Talking about running a sub-5 mile during a marathon because he wanted to catch a particular competitor.

Tonight - 8.5 steady-state miles, 6:47 pace.   I felt fast and dropped well under 5K pace for the last 800m or so.  Not a common training indulgence, but maybe it was a daydream of being an elite, if only for a couple minutes.

Damaris, Marathon Maniac, Ultra Runner, INKnBURN Ambassador

Blog

"The most powerful weapon on earth is the human soul on fire."

It's always fucking hot in Miami!

4.1 recovery pace miles for me.

"I wanted to push that bitch right into the flame pit and watch her burn alive." - DeathRunnr