Beginners and Beyond

Consecutive days running... (Read 74 times)

happylily

Hahaha!  I know I'd need to....

I take days off mostly because I like having days where I don't run. It gives my life balance.  I think my body probably needs light days, whether a totally non-running day is necessary or not, I dunno.  My mind and soul, though, say "Yes, baby, drink wine tonight; sleep in tomorrow!"

I completely get that ^. 

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

Mmmmm...beer

Jack, take a day off and drink a beer or 3.

Or keep running, and still have the beer. 

-Dave

My running blog

Goals | sub-18 5k | sub-3 marathon 2:56:46!!

LRB

Or keep running, and still have the beer. 

Then go run again! 

LRB

My mind and soul, though, say "Yes, baby, drink wine tonight; sleep in tomorrow!"

Helloooo my darling!

B-Plus

You seem to be at a level of fitness where you can handle running everyday. If you feel good and want to run, run. If not, take a day off. Just don't streak for the sake of streaking, like others have said. I'm currently on day 33. Prior to that I was at 50+ with a day off between these 2 streaks. I'll probably take a day off in a week and a half due to a planned hangover.

redrum

Caretaker/Overlook Hotel

Brad, I can't empathize at your level of fitness because I think you're probably killing it lately......EXCEPT to say......when I was running 30mpw, I found myself doing 6 days in a row each week which was not my usual self  but I found myself feeling better and better as the consecutive days of running became routine.

I contribute that to running differently than I had before.  Instead of 4 days a week of same old, same old, it was mixed up all the way including speedwork days, fartlek days, easy days, etc. (of course race-motivation helps)

But I think I started to feel more like a "machine" and less of a scheduled runner.

(shrug)

Randy