Beginners and Beyond

SaturDAILIES: Not just for joggers (Read 37 times)

LRB

'Sup.

I am wiring a big ass pool this morning so no run for me today.

To complicate things the place is a million miles away out in the middle of nowhere so I need to make sure I have everything I need, and might need.

That last part worries me as I am sure I will forget something, so let's just do this right now;

Cyberic

So just like that, yesterday, I decided that marathon training was beginning. That is 19 weeks away from M-day, so I have time to ease into it and adjust. I'm starting this at ~55 miles/week, 1 track workout, and 25-33% of my mileage at MP or faster. I'll see how that goes.

delicate flower

So just like that, yesterday, I decided that marathon training was beginning

Enjoy and good luck!  Part of the reason I like the marathon so much is that I enjoy the entire process.

Speaking of marathons, I've got a 5K to boot in the nuts in a bit.  I should probably think about leaving soon.  9:40 start, which is weird.

So I left $20 in a pair of pants and couldn't remember what pair, so I had to go and check them all until I found it.  Lucky me, when I did find it it was actually $30.  Things are going to start happening to me now.

<3

Cyberic

Enjoy and good luck!  Part of the reason I like the marathon so much is that I enjoy the entire process.

Speaking of marathons, I've got a 5K to boot in the nuts in a bit.  I should probably think about leaving soon.  9:40 start, which is weird.

So I left $20 in a pair of pants and couldn't remember what pair, so I had to go and check them all until I found it.  Lucky me, when I did find it it was actually $30.  Things are going to start happening to me now.

Lol, hopefully you'll perform 50% better than your expectations too! Good luck on that. I'm stopping here, don't want to jinx you.

LRB

So just like that, yesterday, I decided that marathon training was beginning.

Hopefully you stick around after it's over, as many disappear from the forums after completing their first marathon.

They use us for our knowledge and camaraderie, then when they get what they want they toss us to the curb like cigarette butts. lol

Little Blue

Rest day.  Two hillier-than-normal days have me a little pooped.

Having 7-10 people tonight for homemade sushi.  Best friends, but I guess I should clean the house a little.

LRB

Part of the reason I like the marathon so much is that I enjoy the entire process.

As much as I loathe the long run, I do agree that I enjoy the challenge. Yes, the entire process...except the long run. I do it though because it is a part of the challenge.

Did I mention that I dislike the long run?

LRB

Having 7-10 people tonight for homemade sushi

Be still my beating heart. I love sushi.

LRB

Speaking of marathons, I've got a 5K to boot in the nuts in a bit. 

Post your results here first, like before you take that stupid banana.

Got it? Good, now go kill it!

cjones1

Go get it!  I can't wait to see the results.

PRs:

5k - 20:51 - 9/5/15

10k - 47:00 - 5/25/15

15k - 1:10:19 - 11/21/15

13.1 - 1:42:25- 4/25/15

26.2 - TBD (someday)

Hopefully you stick around after it's over, as many disappear from the forums after completing their first marathon.

They use us for our knowledge and camaraderie, then when they get what they want they toss us to the curb like cigarette butts. lol

Remember AprilRunner? We read about every step of her training, then her race ended up being a gruesome 6-hr affair, and we never heard from her again.

Of course I didn't come on here till after my first, to learn what an idiot I had been.

Anyhoo, headed out to the track this morning for 6x800. Been pretty frustrated in general with my interval paces lately. Over the winter I was doing them at 6:40 on the treadmill, pre-most recent injury. Been struggling to get them back under 7:00. Today, the first was still a bit rough at 7:01, but after that it was 6:27, 6:25, 6:25, 6:36, 6:31. Happy about that.

Dave

StepbyStep-SH

10 min walk, 20x2:3 run/walk = 8.45 miles in 1:55. 40 minutes total running. Only very slight knee discomfort (so far).

Now off to a migratory bird festival with DS and friends!

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

happylily

This made me laugh... Do you feel you've been used and abused, Rick?

Lots of good things today in the dailies, it seems (except for the pool thing. Sorry, LRB). Myself, I'll be doing a short recovery run. I caught a cold on my way back from Europe and I don't feel so great today. Oh well, better now than when I was traveling, I guess.

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

Hip Redux

10 min walk, 20x2:3 run/walk = 8.45 miles in 1:55. 40 minutes total running. Only very slight knee discomfort (so far).

Now off to a migratory bird festival with DS and friends!

Yay!!  That's a lot of running Smile

AFM, 5k route run with the local running crew.  Gasping for air the entire time at an average pace that used to be my HM pace.   I am proving that a lot of weight lifting does not help your cardiovascular system lol

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  Slept in a bit.  Miles with hubby tonight; not sure how many or how because if it's hot (which it will be) he will hit the TM.  I have very few symptoms of the cold, but now I have a loose chest congestion.  Maybe another fast run is needed to get rid of it.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page