Beginners and Beyond

RMR MonDAILIES (Read 37 times)

LRB

Also known as resting metabolic rate (how many calories you burn at rest), I learned Friday that mine is 1,664. That fully explains why I crash during my mid morning runs when I haven't eaten anything; my body has burned everything up overnight.

Anyway, add in running and all the walking I do at work and I burn a crap ton of calories a day, which is good, because I eat a crap ton too.

LRB

'Sup.

It's a rest day for me. I am 8 weeks out from this year's spring goal half, and I am looking forward to a better showing than that crap I put up last fall. We'll see...

What up doe?

PleasantRidge

Warm&fuzzy

Good morning!

I ran 7.5 slow miles.  That's my longest pre-work run in awhile, and I expect to be tired by afternoon.

I wore the Kinvara 6s, and I'm not sending them back.  They are firmer and stiffer than the Virratas, but they felt ok at the end of the run.  Bluesky was right about the smaller toebox, I wish I had went up 1/2 a size.  I have the laces loosened to where there is just enough to tie, but it is acceptable.

Have a great day folks!

Runner with a riding problem.

Docket_Rocket

I can't believe my RMR is higher than yours, LRB. (1784 is mine).

I am on my way to take the blood tests for the surgery tomorrow.  Want to ride my bike tonight but it will depend on whether my new car is ready or not for pickup.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Cyberic

I dunno what my RMR is, but it is high for certain, and that is why I've always been so thin. Might get all those official numbers at some point. You guys are tempting me. 

Run commute 50% done.

delicate flower

Happy Monday!  2300 yard swim before work, mostly easy and I swam harder when I was supposed to.

<3

delicate flower

FFS people, look at your paycheck stub a few times during the year so it's not a shock when you get your W2 and realize you elected to have no Federal income tax withheld all year.

<3

Docket_Rocket

FFS people, look at your paycheck stub a few times during the year so it's not a shock when you get your W2 and realize you elected to have no Federal income tax withheld all year.

Who the fuck does that?  If I do that, I would have a conniption just reading Turbo tax amount due.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Half Crazy K 2.0

It's also a good idea to let your employer know you moved. ESP does not work.

It's a rest day for me. 

Dave

LRB

That would never happen to me because I review my deductions obsessively. lol

LRB

I'm not even sure when the last time the sun was out here, probably in early December or late November. I mention it because today you can see blue on the peripheral of the sky. Blue skies are something else we haven't seen around these parts so it looks totally weird.

While I cannot complain too much about the temps or snowfall here so far this winter, it has been a rather drab season otherwise.

onemile

I'm not even sure when the last time the sun was out here, probably in early December or late November. I mention it because today you can see blue on the peripheral of the sky. Blue skies are something else we haven't seen around these parts so it looks totally weird.

While I cannot complain too much about the temps or snowfall here so far this winter, it has been a rather drab season otherwise.

It has been a 13 day cloudy streak here before today

Depressing as hell

Cyberic

We get to see the sun here.

After finishing 1st (by far) in racing 7 marathons in 7 days on 7 different continents, Michael Wardian ran 17 miles to make his week into a 200 miler   

workinprogress11

It has been a 13 day cloudy streak here before today

Depressing as hell

13 days here too except this morning we saw the sun for about 2 hours. Now it is peeking through occasionally just to laugh at us.