Beginners and Beyond

Wednesdailies: It might be hot and humid. (Read 37 times)

PleasantRidge

Warm&fuzzy

Good morning!

I slow-jogged 8.7 sweat-dripping miles.  It feels like July.

I hope everyone has a great day!

Runner with a riding problem.

LRB

It feels like July.

Indeed. I ran 7 in 76 with a 70 dew-dew.

I know that's not terribly bad for the majority of runners, but when you start seeing those numbers in the early AM, you know it's July.

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  I have Pilates and 6 miles tonight.  There is no MIGHT in that sentence, just is.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

bluerun

Super B****

8 AlterG miles -- I think I finally have my  marathon shoe.

My hip hurts.

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

I felt like crap this morning, like I didn't get any sleep, my left shoulder is (still) killing me and I just felt exhausted. So no running this morning, maybe a quick 4 miler after work.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

delicate flower

'Morning!  No morning workout meant some extra sleep this morning.    Wife won her AG in her tri last night and so we celebrated with burritos and fajitas at the local Mexican joint after the race.  I mean, we were going there regardless of how she did, but we made it celebratory.

Bike ride tonight.

<3

From the Internet.

Stayed up too late getting hooked on a show called Mr. Robot last night. Today's planned long run became 5 super easy (probably the lowest heart rate I've ever seen for a whole run, hooray developing aerobic base!), and tomorrow morning will be 16. Works out better anyway, DH takes a later train tomorrow so I can get up at 5 AM instead of 4.

Cyberic

Did not sleep well last night, and it is like a gazillion degrees out with a DP of a gazillion minus 1. But today is HANSONS REST DAY!!!!

onemile

Did not sleep well last night, and it is like a gazillion degrees out with a DP of a gazillion minus 1. But today is HANSONS REST DAY!!!!

HAPPY REST DAY! 

Good afternoon, everyone.

PleasantRidge, excellent sweaty 8.7.

Damaris, enjoy Pilates and the six-miler.

bluerun, brava on the Alter G run. I hope that your hip feels better soon.

FreeSoul87, rest well.

Phil, have a pleasant ride. Congrats to MBC!

Lauren, fantastic five.

Cyberic99, have a relaxing and refreshing rest day.

What's up with you, onemile?

Yesterday, I did my twice-weekly rowing class plus forty-five minutes on the AMT. This morning, I did 3.75 miles in 34:14. 9:08 pace.

And I have a confirmed entry into this year's BAA Half. I'm happy💃

LRB

You know what I hate? When someone walks up to you and screams, "OMG RICK! HOW YOU DOING MAN??" And you have no idea who the fuck it is.

I've disappointed enough people over the years though to have learned to fake it until you figure it out, but that shit's not easy!

workinprogress11

You know what I hate? When someone walks up to you and screams, "OMG RICK! HOW YOU DOING MAN??" And you have no idea who the fuck it is.

I've disappointed enough people over the years though to have learned to fake it until you figure it out, but that shit's not easy!

I do that all the time. It's not that I don't remember their name. It's that I have no recollection of ever meeting/knowing/partying with them.  I can't even chalk it up to old age because I've always been this way.

Edited for extraneous comma.

Half Crazy K 2.0

Hmm, dewpoint is 77 right now. Don't think I'll be running right after work, well, the thunderstorms may also play a role.

LRB, I had that happen last month. I was working at a job fair and someone recognized me from classes we had as undergrads 20 years ago. Still have no clue and do not remember the person.

delicate flower

21 miles on the bike at 18.1 mph.  It was a "comfortable" 90 degrees, but the wind wrecked me.  I had 8 x 3 minutes hard/3 minutes easy.  The last five interval sets were into a steady 15 mph headwind with 25+ mph gusts.  Not a terrible wind, but it felt like a goddamn hurricane trying to pedal hard intervals into it.

<3

LRB

38 days to go until I'm an Ironman, bitches.