Beginners and Beyond

Shall we crack one open in our new home?! The bar is open - what are ya drinking? (Read 302 times)

LRB

Leinenkugel Lemon Berry Shandy.

Sissy beer, but it's tasty.

I drink their Oktobefest.  It is pretty good.

Grabbed some St. Pauli Girl for tonight.  It will have to do.

Goose Island 312 here.   Cheers. 

Take Charge. Train Harder. Suck Less. No Excuses.

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

Goose Island 312 here.   Cheers. 

Good stuff, Van!

I'm still working on my Flying Dog Farmhouse IPA.  7.5%.  I take no responsibility for my actions over the next few hours....

Running is dumb.

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

Sam Adams winter brews (variety pack from Costco). Smile

LRB: Shock Top is ok. Basically, it is a Blue Moon with excessive orange in it.

Love the Half

Starting the evening with a Great Lakes Christmas Ale.  Nice copper color that showcases the malt with just a touch of spiciness in the background.  The spices are noticeable but it's definitely not a Christmas cookie beer like Sam Adams Old Feziwig Ale or even Winter Lager.  Finishes with just enough hops to keep it from being overly sweet.  Not sure what my next beer will be.

Short term goal: 17:59 5K

Mid term goal:  2:54:59 marathon

Long term goal: To say I've been a runner half my life.  (I started running at age 45).

runmomto3boys

I had a couple of Riverwest stein lagers tonight.

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

Shiner Bock.  Save me a Lakefront Riverwest, Heidi.

runmomtoboys

Shiner Bock.  Save me a Lakefront Riverwest, Heidi.

You've got it, Jerry!

Love the Half

Beer #2 is a Saranac 4059 Porter.  Like pretty much everything from Saranac, it's solid but nothing to knock your socks off.  Pours a deep dark opaque brown with roasted malt aroma and flavor.  Mouthfeel is fairly crisp and the beer finishes too crisp for my tastes.  I like my Porters to have a bit more creaminess to them but that's a personal preference rather than something necessarily appropriate for the robust porter style.  Still, a usual solid offering from Saranac.  

Short term goal: 17:59 5K

Mid term goal:  2:54:59 marathon

Long term goal: To say I've been a runner half my life.  (I started running at age 45).

Shakedown Street

long day tomorrow, but after...I am game...

Started-5/12, RWOL refugee,5k-24:23 (1/12/13),10K-55:37(9/15/12),HM-1:52:59(3/24/13)

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

Beer #2 is a Saranac 4059 Porter.  Like pretty much everything from Saranac, it's solid but nothing to knock your socks off.  Pours a deep dark opaque brown with roasted malt aroma and flavor.  Mouthfeel is fairly crisp and the beer finishes too crisp for my tastes.  I like my Porters to have a bit more creaminess to them but that's a personal preference rather than something necessarily appropriate for the robust porter style.  Still, a usual solid offering from Saranac.  

LTH, have you ever written beer reviews? They are almost as good as your HM advice! Of the Sam Adams winter brews, I think I like the Chocolate Bock the best. They all have a good taste, but the only problem is you taste them for the rest of the night... lots and lots of after taste.

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Two things:

1. For those interested, there is a Drinkers with a Running Problem group:

http://www.runningahead.com/groups/DWARP/forum

2. Over the turkey weekend, I have enjoyed:

El Hefe Speaks by DC Brau Brewing Company
                          Baltic Thunder by Victory Brewing Company
                          Chocolate Stout by Rogue Ales
                          Moloko by Three Floyds Brewing Company
                          Mutiny And The Mollusk Oyster Stout by Collaboration: Three Floyds / Half Acre
                          Choklat by Southern Tier Brewing Company
                          Night Tripper (2012) by New Holland Brewing Company
                          Risgoop by Three Floyds Brewing Company
                          Third Party Candidate by Clown Shoes
                          Penn Quarter Porter by DC Brau Brewing Company
                          Kick (Lips of Faith) by New Belgium Brewing Company
                          Thanksgiving Ale by Mayflower Brewing Company
                          Autumn Maple by The Bruery
                          Merry Monks' Ale by Weyerbacher Brewing Company
                          Breakaway IPA by American Brewing Company

(all bombers, all shared)

Cake Vodka and Orange Juice.  I needed some fluids to reload for a trail run in the morning at o dark thirty. 

runmomto3boys

Cake Vodka and Orange Juice.  I needed some fluids to reload for a trail run in the morning at o dark thirty. 

I've never heard of cake vodka. Interesting...

Well, it's actually UV Vodka, but cake flavored.   They all kinds of great tasting flavored vodkas now.  That's good and bad.  Good that it really opens up the mixed drink possibilities, but bad that I can drink it straight now without any mixer at all.  Big grin