Beginners and Beyond

What Happened to Everyone, TUESDAILIES? (Read 57 times)

Good morning. I did some time on the TM. 32:00 at 6.6mph (9:05). 15:00 at 4.0mph (15:00). Progress.

delicate flower

'Morning!  Man, it is colder than something that is cold out there today!  But enough about that, here is my run for today....

I hit the treadmill early.  40 minute hard effort progression run.  Splits were 7:36, 6:57, 6:46, 6:29, 6:14, 6:07.  6 miles total at 6:42 avg pace, including the last three miles faster than my 5K PR pace.  That is the fastest pace I've ever had in a training run.  Dang.  I can't wait to start racing again.

Now to seek out free coffee.....

<3

Speedy stuff, Baboon.

10 miles on the treadmill, with 3 x 1 mile @ 6:40

Dave

adkkev

-16 at my house in upstate NY this morning ... currently +25 at my son's house in Fairbanks, AK.

I have developed an intimate relationship with the treadmills (yes, plural) at PF this winter.

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Well, today in San Antonio to start the morning, our temp is at 32 degrees, which is pretty cold for we South Texans.  Our 'hill country area' (Boerne, Kerrville, etc) is even colder and they are having some icy rain so all the folks up there are on a 3-hour delay for work, school openings, etc.  Dallas and North Texas area, from what I saw on the news, is really taking a hit and most of their stuff is closed all day.  Yeah, not quite like 'real winter' like you folks back east are getting....but this is 'winter' for us.   And then this weekend we will be back in the 60s, etc, go figure.  Today is 'hill' day for me, so after work today, I plan on doing about 4 miles of hills somewhere.   By the time I go run/walk, it will be around 4:30 pm.  High for today is only going up to 47 degrees, but that's still not too bad at all, especially as the sunshine is supposed to break out later today.

Tired this morning.  I had forgotten yesterday that Gail's boss had given her free parking and concert tickets for the San Antonio Rodeo and Reba McEntire concert, so that's what we did last night.  Late night, but a lot of fun.   We watched some rodeo competitions first - team roping, barrel riding, bronc busting, the 'Mutton Busters' kids, where they hang on for as long as they can while riding a sheep, lol, and those damn crazy bull riders - getting on an umpteen thousand pound bull, those guys are NUTS!  I'd jump out of an airplane - which I have done actually, lol - before I got on one of those bulls.   After that, the Reba concert.  I'm not really a country music fan - more oldies and classic rock for me - but I'll tell you what, Reba put on a heck of a show, very enjoyable.   So we had a late night in getting home, didn't even get to bed until past midnite....but it was fun.  And then on the way back to our car in the parking lot, Gail and I found a $20 bill on the ground...so we pretty much got 'repaid' for the food-and-drink we had gotten...which made it turn out to be almost a completely free night for everything...sweet!

Holiday for  February 24th is National Tortilla Chips Day.

And also....

Spay Day USA and  World Spay Day (falls on the last Tuesday of February each year)

They told me there was a slight mistake during the spaying procedure....

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

-16 at my house in upstate NY this morning ... currently +25 at my son's house in Fairbanks, AK.

I have developed an intimate relationship with the treadmills (yes, plural) at PF this winter.

Good lord....I hope you have a Parka and some sled dogs to get around!

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

Cyberic

This year, spring is going to be late, just like last year, because the Great Lakes have above average ice coverage, and therefore will cool the mild air coming from the prairies for a long time.

Today is speed day. Why is it that the indoor track is at its busiest on Tuesdays?

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Woke up this morning at 3:25 AM, temperature outside was 13 degrees so I wasn't sure if I was going to run or not but I knew I was going to go to the gym first. Went pretty damn good, if I do say so myself.

Dumbbell Lateral Raises: 4 sets/ 12 reps/ 7.5 lbs
                  Converging Plate Loaded Overhead Press: 4 sets/ 12 reps/ 50 lbs
                  Hip Abductors: 4 sets/ 12 reps/ 40 lbs
                  Machine Shoulder Press: 4 sets/ 12 reps/ 50 lbs
                  Shoulder Shrugs: 4 sets/ 12 reps/ 17.5 lbs
                  Fly Delt: 1 set/ 12 reps/ 40 lbs, 2 sets/ 12 reps/ 45 lbs, 1 set/ 12 reps/ 50 lbs
                  Seated Leg Press: 1 set/ 12 reps/ 90 lbs, 2 sets/ 12 reps/ 100 lbs, 1 set/ 12 reps/ 110 lbs
                  Dumbbell One Arm Shoulder Press: 2 sets/ 12 reps/ 20 lbs, 2 sets/ 12 reps/ 17.5 lbs
                  Rear Delt: 4 sets/ 12 reps/ 40 lbs
                  Dumbbell Raise: 4 sets/ 12 reps/ 10 lbs
                  Standing Calf Raises: 1 set/ 12 reps/ 25 lbs, 3 sets/ 12 reps/ 30 lbs

Afterwards, I decided that Rocky and I would run the roads. It was 12 degrees by then, we ran 3.2 miles in 31:59 and it felt pretty easy though cold.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

LRB

That puts it in perspective right there.

Docket_Rocket

Morning. It's not cold here. Figures.

There is smoke from fires but hopefully that will be gone by tonight. I am off today to take care of my friend. Pilates later and 6 tonight.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Zelanie

Morning!  Track tonight, probably 4 x 1200.

Speedy stuff, Phil!

Eric- Maybe all the gymgoers are doing Hansons? Smile

Basya- Keeping your dad & family in my thoughts.  Glad you're able to get some running in- hopefully that helps.

LRB

10 miles on the treadmill, with 3 x 1 mile @ 6:40

I had something similar planned but my legs laughed at loud at me from the very first step I took this morning so I ran 7 easy instead.

I had something similar planned but my legs laughed at loud at me from the very first step I took this morning so I ran 7 easy instead, at the same pace you do your repeats.

FYP.

I am terrified of mile repeats going in, but it worked out OK. As usual the hardest part for me is the cooldown; those ~2.5 easy miles seem to take forever. I do really wish I could get a 5k in with some decent weather. The outlook right now is it may not be more than single digits for the St Patrick's 10k coming up. WTF.

Dave

LRB

The outlook right now is it may not be more than single digits for the St Patrick's 10k coming up. WTF.

It was 9 degrees there last year and absolutely miserable! If it's anything like that I'll do a training run on my own instead.

outoftheblue

Good morning!  5 or 6 easy miles planned for me, plus weights and core.

Life is good.