Beginners and Beyond

SUNDAYlies are up early to make new friends (Read 29 times)

Cyberic

Résultats de recherche d'images pour « morning running friends »

Cyberic

Sometimes I feel like an alien always running by myself when it seems like all runners run in groups. So today I'm up early, I'll run to a meeting spot where a friend is going to pick me up in his car in which there will already be 2 other runner friends, and the 4 of us are going to drive to another meeting spot where there will be many runners getting ready for a long run.

It seems like a lot of trouble for a run, but the chatting should be fun. Unless I hook up with a very strong group and can barely keep up. Then there won't be much chatting from my part, lol.

I wish you all a nice and bright Sunday.

No more marathons

It seems like a lot of trouble for a run, but the chatting should be fun. Unless I hook up with a very strong group and can barely keep up. Then there won't be much chatting from my part, lol.

I wish you all a nice and bright Sunday.

Back in my 30's many of my runs were with others - lunch runs from the local Y, and evening and weekend long runs with members of the Running Club I belonged to.  But now my runs are about 99.9% solitary. It's not that I wouldn't on occasion want to run with others, it's just the convenience of running when I want, how far I want, and at the pace I want.  And it would probably be rude to listen to my books on tape while running with others.  

Boston 2014 - a 33 year journey

Lordy,  I hope there are tapes. 

He's a leaker!

No more marathons

SRD - might go for a walk.

He's a leaker!

PleasantRidge

Warm&fuzzy

Good morning!

With the exception of the 8 or so races I've done, I always run by myself.  I'm pretty much an introvert, and like being by myself. That's probably a good thing, as there isn't a waiting of folks wanting to go run at 4am.  Not in rural Rednecklandia anyway.

I ran 6.2 miles in the sunshine this morning.  That gets me 60.1 for the week, and I'm smiling.

Have a great day folks!

Runner with a riding problem.

LRB

Group runs are awesome. Yes, there is some hassle that goes with it (either getting up earlier than you want or having to drive to BFE), but when I do, the time during the run flies by.

I find most times though that I end up running alone during them, so I don't go out of my way to meet up with my crew very often.

my runs are about 99.9% solitary. It's not that I wouldn't on occasion want to run with others, it's just the convenience of running when I want, how far I want, and at the pace I want.  

^ this.

Dave

Docket_Rocket

Excalibur 10 miler with hubby done. 51 miles for the week. BOOM.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

when I do, the time during the run flies by.

Although, this.

I can probably count the total number of non-solo runs in my running career - I think 3-4 LRs during the training for my first marathon in 2012 (with the guy who talked me into the $&@# thing), 2 with co-workers on a business trip, and 2 LRs with a guy from the forums last year. I will say, those last ones were the shortest long runs ever. Also helped that they were on a very nice loop trail around a lake. I will probably try to do a few more of those. Not convenient, we live ~1 hr apart, the spot is 30-45 min for both of us, but worth it. And he's a guy who I can ask "wanna do a 20-miler this weekend" and he'll say "sounds like fun", when he's not already running a 50-miler through the mountains.

Dave

Cyberic

Ran 19 with the group @7:25 mpm

Over 20 total for the day.

FFS, you ran 19 at my HMP.

Dave

No more marathons

#sigh.  #memories

He's a leaker!

Cyberic

FFS, you ran 19 at my HMP.

Mostly everyone there were preparing for Boston, a few were preparing for a local marathon in May. Not many, like me, just there for the long run Smile

I ran within a group of 4, that sometimes divided in two groups of two, and later on regrouping to 4. But I had someone to chat with all along.

The last 3 miles or so, there was no more chatter, though. But just by being there we were helping each other keep up. We finished strong.

Happy with my run.

Half Crazy K 2.0

8. Every single step was a struggle. My legs were dead.

LRB

6. Every single step was a struggle. My legs were dead.