Beginners and Beyond

WEDNESDAILIES Are Brought to You by the Letters W, T, and H (Read 48 times)

I awoke this morning thinking that it was Thursday. When I realized it was Wednesday, I got happier. I'm on my way to the gym to do quarter-mile repeats. After work, I'll make the lining for my black pencil skirt.

What do you people have planned?

LRB

It's National Running Day, so of course I am taking a rest day. It's the rebel in me.

And besides, the last time I ran on NRD I got a bunch of tooting horns and thumbs up from the same idiots who normally try to run my ass over.

Cyberic

I awoke this morning thinking that it was Thursday. When I realized it was Wednesday, I got happier. 

I slept good, so I'm pretty happy. My happiness is almost directly related to the quality of my sleep. Were I to sleep 10 hours like Baboon, I'd be annoyingly too happy Big grin

Track tonight. The worse part is running back home. It's about 2.5 miles from my house to the track. Going there is a perfect warmup, but coming back after the workout, I find those couple of miles very long and hard.

But hey, I slept good, I'mmmmmmmmmmm happy!!! 

StepbyStep-SH

I awoke this morning thinking that it was Thursday. When I realized it was Wednesday, I got happier. I'm on my way to the gym to do quarter-mile repeats. After work, I'll make the lining for my black pencil skirt.

What do you people have planned?

This is funny, because someone on another forum started the THURSdailies today.

I ran with the running group for the first time in more than 5 months - 5 miles, and at just under 10:00 pace overall. Of course, I was huffing and puffing to do that, and for them this was a taper run leading up to a weekend in which several will be doing a 50k Saturday and marathon Sunday.

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

LRB

Track tonight. The worse part is running back home. It's about 2.5 miles from my house to the track.

Mine is 1.15 miles away which is also too long...at mile last house it was .75 miles which was also too damn long. lol

Seriously though, 2.5 miles is a bit much for the slog home. I actually run out of the way to get in 3 miles before I get to the track, but never, ever consider going the same way home!

delicate flower

I slept good, so I'm pretty happy. My happiness is almost directly related to the quality of my sleep. Were I to sleep 10 hours like Baboon, I'd be annoyingly too happy Big grin

9 hours again last night!    I've been such a lazy turd in the morning lately, skipping workouts and staying in bed.  I suppose I'd change if it bothered me, but right now IDGAF.  I've just been cramming all the workouts in at night.

I'm getting a little giddy with excitement when looking at the Sunday HM weather.  Looking like mid-50's, sunny, no wind, no humidity.

6 easy miles on today's running schedule.

<3

Rick, I like your contrarian way of celebrating.

Cyberic99, I like Wednesday because that's when the weekly sewing club meetup happens. Have fun at the track.

Shari, five miles at a sub-10:00 pace? Sweet!

Phil, enjoy your six-miler.

I did 7.0 miles (including ten quarter-mile repeats) in 1:01:42. 8:49 pace. My legs feel loose and nimble.

POLL: can I count chasing after my kids as extra speedwork?

Docket_Rocket

If I thought it was a Thursday and it was a Wednesday, I wouldn't have been happy!  Pilates for me after work.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Half Crazy K 2.0

Hopefully a run and weights after work.

Basya, chasing kiddos is definitely speed work. We have some speedsters at my work who like to elope, so their staff get quite a workout.

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

This is funny, because someone on another forum started the THURSdailies today.

Must be an epidemic. Yesterday on one of the RW forums someone started the Wednesdailies.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                            05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

I will run after work. Planning on about 4.5 miles

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

happylily

Wednesday... Thursday... it's all the same when it's raining and you're not running. I'm in the car at the moment, facing an 11 hour drive. I count on you all to entertain me. Thanks!

Basya, does chasing the kids elevate your heart rate? If so, then yes, it's a workout.

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

StepbyStep-SH

Must be an epidemic. Yesterday on one of the RW forums someone started the Wednesdailies.

I would have expected last week, with the Monday holiday, to be the one that confused people.

Basya - Yes, that is a speed workout. Especially if you take the kids outside or to a park.

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

Cyberic

Mine is 1.15 miles away which is also too long...at mile last house it was .75 miles which was also too damn long. lol

Seriously though, 2.5 miles is a bit much for the slog home. I actually run out of the way to get in 3 miles before I get to the track, but never, ever consider going the same way home!

I'm considering taking the car or biking to the track tonight. I do like the warmup it gives me though. I'll see.

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Happy National Running Day!  Today is also National Tailors Day.

KEYWORD1 2006-09-13 shop shops store stores tailor tailors tailoring shoe repair

3.2 miles done yesterday after work at Fort Sam Houston in the 88 degree weather.   It actually was not too bad as the humidity was only 51%, but the dew-point was 68, so I did sweat a bit.   I was going to do hills but when I first started my run my legs definitely reminded me that I had done a weight training circuit on Monday; so I kept the route flat and did my 'Dog Alley' route through the base family housing area and along the way treated all my canine pals that were out and about.

Today's temp is supposed to be 90 degrees.  Yeah, definitely starting the heat acclimating for the Texas summer running!   Will probably do some miles after work today in a park that I know has lots of shade trees along the way.

Well, Basya, I guess that's better than the letters WTF.......and get the lead out and make that pencil skirt! 

Always the rebel, LRB!

Good luck with the track workout, Cy, and the return trip home!  On the way home, try to find things along the way to distract you, keep your mind off the legs you just worked out.

Congrats on your 5-miles, Step!  Huff-and-puff and blow those miles down!

Dang, Baboon, I wish I could sleep as well as you.  However, I have cats....and they often wake me up in the middle of the night as they don't have to work in the morning, lol.

Happy Pilates, Damaris.  Hope your body is behaving, e.g., allergies, asthma, etc.

Good luck with run and weights, Crazy!

Happy running Kristin!

Good luck with the 11-hour drive, Lily!  Hope you brought your own entertainment too!

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt