Beginners and Beyond

Let there be light MonDAILIES (Read 45 times)

Got a little more light out there this morning but I'm still not seeing any of it while running. I hate all this DST switching back and forth crap. Its making my taper crazies worse. Less than a week to go till the race. Easy 6mi this morning.

Was finally able to watch the end of the women's NYC race...Shalane...wow. Just amazing.

PRs:----- 5k: 17:48 (2019)   5M: 29:36 (2020)    HM: 1:24:37 (2017) Scheduled: ???

LRB

Springing forward is unnatural. You I feel rushed in the morning and there never seems to be enough time in my workday. The time period between November and March however, is calm. Yes, the daylight hours are shorter but that's because we're "sharing the wealth" with the other side of the globe.

Artificially lengthening the day in the summer is stupid and serves no purpose other than to give an excuse to be outside at 9:45 pm when in reality, it should be dark.

I have a good mind to tweet the president that DST was Obama's idea. He'd ban that shit in a heartbeat. lol

Cyberic

I have a good mind to tweet the president that DST was Obama's idea. He'd ban that shit in a heartbeat. lol

Hahahaha!

RunningOnSand

LOL 

delicate flower

Hello, friends.  I would seem half the damn town was at the pool this morning.  I got 2500 yards done.  Short run to do tonight.

<3

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  I have 6 miles and weights.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

bluerun

Super B****

The MTA welcomed me back to the city with open arms... my commute to work took twice as long as it should have.  Why did I come home, again??... 25 trainer miles.  They didn't hurt too much, which is oddly exciting, given that I don't particularly enjoy cycling.

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

oldfartrunner

Morning Runners,

Thinking 8 hilly on a single track trail as I refocus my training. Smile Be starting about 800 meters from the 4 mile mark on another trail, and turning around at about the 1/2 mile mark. So 4 up, 4 down grade/hill mostly.

https://www.mtbproject.com/trail/7003939/p-mountain-trail

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

What up weirdos.... 

I think today is a rest day....... I didn't want to get up this morning, I am not sore or anything but figured "fuck it". I might do a couple sets of chin ups this evening... but who knows.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

Springing forward is unnatural. You I feel rushed in the morning and there never seems to be enough time in my workday. The time period between November and March however, is calm. Yes, the daylight hours are shorter but that's because we're "sharing the wealth" with the other side of the globe.

Artificially lengthening the day in the summer is stupid and serves no purpose other than to give an excuse to be outside at 9:45 pm when in reality, it should be dark.

I hear ISIS has now taken credit for DST.

6 miles, slow and creaky, but the light at the end of the tunnel was actual daylight.

Dave

zzyzx

I'm a fan of DST because 3:30 AM pre-dawns are less cool than 10:15 PM dusks. It also means I can have a social life for a few months since I'm so sun driven.

Monday is my big lift day: seated, hip adduction, hip abduction (with a higher weight!), chin, horizontal calf, angled leg press (also with a higher weight!)

exercise bike 32 minutes alpine setting level 12 12.30 miles. Just missed the cutoff to stop at 31 minutes. Oh well.

Cyberic

Ran 4.7 with 5 x (3 min I w/2 min jg).

I've been feeling my right foot lately. Top of the foot, arch of the foot. Doesn't hurt, but has me thinking. Old pains haunting me.

oldfartrunner

Ran 4.7 with 5 x (3 min I w/2 min jg).

I've been feeling my right foot lately. Top of the foot, arch of the foot. Doesn't hurt, but has me thinking. Old pains haunting me.

How's your shoes-ready to replace, and lace pressure? If I tighten my shoes too tight I'll get that.

oldfartrunner

Got err done and watched for Mt. Bikers!  8.19 @ 9:41, 884' gain. Saw two guys on bikes but they were stopped and taking a break on the bench at the top. I always wear a neon hat or visor and neon shirt so they can see me better, but they do fly down the hills!

Might try and get 4 more easy around 4:00 PM? Ankles are pretty sore cause I'm not used to the single track, but had my compression sock on so they help a lot. I'm planning on doing 8 hilly single track every Monday. It's a good way to get some leg/ feet & ankle strength in, along with V02 Max, but without the intensity of running fast or hard.   Plus I will probably be doing a few trail races around 8 miles this next year, so need to get the proprioception back so I don't face plant on the trails.

About DST, we don't have to worry about it here.

Cyberic

How's your shoes-ready to replace, and lace pressure? If I tighten my shoes too tight I'll get that.

I only have pretty new shoes in my rotation right now. Lace pressure is usually pretty slack because I've had pain in the past due to that and it hurt quite a bit. But it still is my biggest suspect. I'll slacken all my shoes for a while.