Beginners and Beyond

Happy Thanksgiving and Happy Hanukkah everyone! (Read 56 times)

happylily

I hope you are all enjoying yourselves with your loved ones. Smile So, what are you thankful for? Make me happy, please, and list all the good things in your life. Smile

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

LRB

I am thankful for grapes, for without them there would be no wine.  And as we know, without wine there would be too much whine.

LRB

I have not had any as of yet by the way.  Roll eyes

happylily

Grapes are great. So is wine. And a little whine isn't bad either. Smile

hog4life

Julie, I put a similar post on FB. For me? I'm thankful for my wife of 31 years, my 3 boys, my 3 grandsons and their mother, my mother and father, my step mom, my brothers, nieces, nephews, BIL, SIL, MIL, FIL, all the rest of my family, a good job, my work family, my runner friend(both virtual and in real life), and for all the other people that have touched my life. I'm thankful that God gave me the strength to beat cancer, I'm thankful for life, and the strength to make the best of what I have.

happylily

That's a lot of wonderful things to be thankful for, Mitch, You are a blessed man. Also wonderful is that you realize how lucky you are.

Robert31320

Team TJ

I' thankful that I decided to start running to save my life.  I'm also thankful for the great group of friends I now have because of it.  Oh yeah, my family ain't too bad either Big grin

Running for TJ because he can't.

hog4life

That's a lot of wonderful things to be thankful for, Mitch, You are a blessed man. Also wonderful is that you realize how lucky you are.

Thank you, it's really nice of you to say that. Kind of odd, my dad and step mom called just a bit ago to say happy thanksgiving. He mentioned how thankful he was, and that some people have it a lot worse off than we do. He has MS, amputated leg, hasn't walked in many years, been in a hospital/home/assisted living for almost 2 solid years, and yet he has the best attitude ever!

Docket_Rocket

Thanks!  I'll start cooking eventually.

Happy Thanksgiving to all!  I am thankful for all the many online friends RA and RWOL has allowed me to meet.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Love the Half

Ran a 5K, won my age group and a pie, spent about an hour talking with other local runners and drinking a couple of beers, then headed to the in-laws and sucked down roughly 8,326 calories.  Feeling pretty much like a stuffed pig right now.

Short term goal: 17:59 5K

Mid term goal:  2:54:59 marathon

Long term goal: To say I've been a runner half my life.  (I started running at age 45).

runwell3

I'm thankful for each day that this life brings; my children; my family; my home; my work.   For legs that carry this old body past every mile marker gone by and those that may be yet to come.  For every challenge and opportunity, success and failure, both in running and in life...and a certain dalmation who teaches me much about perseverance, love and devotion.

And I'm thankful to have had a chance encounter with two people from the forums, whom I respect and admire, in Hopkinton last April which, for me, set the tone for a day of happenstance like no other.

Happy Thanksgiving & Hanukkah to all...enjoy the holiday season!

LRB

I have not had any as of yet by the way.  

I had beer while I was out and now that I am in do not want to mix the two, so I will just stay with the brew.  I am looking forward to reuniting with my long lost love tomorrow though!

happylily

Mitch, it's so inspiring to hear about your dad! I see that the apple didn't fall far from the tree. :-) I'm thankful for the positive people in this world.

D., I'm thankful for you being here! Smile

Robert, it takes a lot of courage to change one's life around. It's something I have never done myself and I'm not certain that I'd be strong enough for it. I greatly admire you!

Brad, you... I'm just jealous of you. In a good way. Big grin I'm thankful for people like you, people who inspire me to push myself outside of my comfort zone. 8,326 calories? You're joking, right? lol

Ed, that was such a nice thing for you to say. :-) I'm happy that you appreciate so much what life has given you. I sensed a very good man in you when we met that day in Hopkinton. You deserve all the happiness.

LRB, happy reunion tomorrow! Don't abuse of your old love! :-)

Happy for the new world which running has allowed me to discover.  Whether it's training, racing, or volunteering at an event, it's always a gift. Happy that my middle child has embraced everything a large urban university has to offer to a freshman, and is thriving in his personal development.  Happy that an old family dog can still do pirouettes when his brother and his sister return from college for Thanksgiving and gives them the best homecoming welcome. Oh, and happy that my DW made both cheesecake and pumpkin pie for dessert. Smile

“Only those who will risk going too far can possibly find out how far one can go.” - T.S. Eliot

LRB

I am looking forward to reuniting with my long lost love tomorrow though!

Hellooooooo Mama!  Cool